It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a reason 2 B glad 2 B alive? Watch this rescue of a snowboarder in WA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi ATS,
Happy Friday! I just came across this video that scared the crap outta me and made me glad to be alive. It was taken by a skier, who is skiing in deep snow in Washington state. He moves through forest, lovely snow covered trees until he sees a board in the snow! Wow...

edit on 14-4-2023 by GopiGrl because: R

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GopiGrl
Wow, is right! I used to ski as a kid and the reason we were told not to ski in the forest was those tree wells. We still did it anyway and with so many different directions to pick it would be a miracle, like this, to be found. Chances are pretty slim of anyone coming right behind you. Reminds me of my dad's story of going fishing in a super remote place, on a trail he'd never seen anyone on. He crawled under a log that was too high to get over and it slipped, pinning him slightly but stuck. Shortly another guy came along and got him out. Neither had ever met anyone out there, nor seen vehicles parked even.

I would love to have seen the snow boarders face when he got out!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Amazing video mate, thanks for sharing that one!

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Likely one of my worst fears. Being pinned unable to move and having no control.
God was watching this and lended a hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That was pretty amazing, thanks for posting that.

I used to ski like that when my knees were better. Decades ago now.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Fark. What are the odds?

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Right! This guy now has a mission. I think God lead that skier right to him and just in time. Crazy!

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Yes, I have skied. Started late in life and after a few scares, tossed in w a load of fun and confidence building, i decided my respect for the mountain was so great, i decided to stay off😆

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Stupid horror films as a kid made me fear being buried alive...this guy def has a slew of guardian angels, fersure.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GopiGrl

Yes, I have skied. Started late in life and after a few scares, tossed in w a load of fun and confidence building, i decided my respect for the mountain was so great, i decided to stay off😆

100%. I learned my lesson when I went through the trees and both skis went through the snow, up to my knees, into a stream. My skis were stuck in the water under the snow. It was hard crust snow because of spring but the water was running underneath. Had to scratch up the ice, stick my hands into the water to undo the bindings. Took about ten minutes. That was cold, but though nothing serious like the guy in the video. I wised up. I've been a few times in the last couple decades, fair weather only and taking it easy, and that's enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

More info

komonews.com... ro-outdoor-sports

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Good job! It is experiences like that that make us useful👏🏻👍🏼

new topics

top topics

join