It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Enquirer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This isn't about politics, it's in general chit chat, so please let's ignore that crap that I don't want to talk about. But, the Trump story involves, allegedly, The National Enquirer and my thoughts about that rag.

Ok, so, a few years ago there was a story that they broke that was actually true. That was the first time I had ever seen that in all the years of that rag. Now, they are supposedly involved in this stuff and I can't understand how TNE still exists. I didn't get it years ago and I'm really shocked they still exist.

So my question is this. Have you ever, even just once, actually spent your hard earned money to buy an issue with bat-aliens or three-headed baby in your life?

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Have you ever, even just once, actually spent your hard earned money to buy an issue with bat-aliens or three-headed baby in your life?

No, but back when news stands were a thing, I used to flip through it and get a few chuckles.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I don't think I ever did that. If I did I can't remember. I may have gotten fooled a few times and did that but I can't for the life of me remember actually doing it.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I have one or two old ones lying around somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Why did you keep them? Anything of significance?

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

National Enquirer was more of a "Celebrity Rumor Rag" than anything else. Sure, they would have an alien or conspiracy thing in there but not like the Weekly World News.

That was the gem!

edit on 6-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I forgot about the WWN. I do believe TNE had a fair bit of that crap also but you jogged my memory and I do believe you are right.

Still, TNE is full of false news so they ain't far apart.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Can't remember the timestamp but researcher Terry Hansen makes some very interesting connections in the vid below between the National Enquirer and intelligence agencies (particularly Gene Pope Jr and the CIA’s Psychological Warfare Unit).

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Have you ever, even just once, actually spent your hard earned money to buy an issue with bat-aliens or three-headed baby in your life?

Guilty as charged. I always liked those outrageous stories...good conspiracies are always welcome. Of course, I also read MAD Magazine.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   
not like the Weekly World News. That was the gem!

I agree 100%!

_javascript:icon('')

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it a 'rag'.

Yes, full of absurd and very exaggerated content.

But TNE never pretended to be a serious publication. They catered to a niche audience who enjoyed their brand of theater-in-print.

Honestly, I'd rather call the The New York Times or The Washington Post 'rags' because they make a huge pretense of being pillars of journalism when in fact they are not. That kind of fakery is deserving of condemnation, not the obvious tomfoolery that TNE or TWWN engage in.

Cheers

top topics

join