It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on possible ATS hack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just got this and did not click the You Tube link , Anyone else ?

Just Noticed the addy Youtu.be Don't get fooled !

edit on 22-3-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Where is this screenshot from?

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Where is this screenshot from?

My email

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I got it, too. I clicked on it and it took me to a video that looks like a YouTube vid.

It was some dude or AI bashing ATS.

After I realized that it was probably a hack or something, I closed it out .. probably too late.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I checked the youtube channel Passtoreal. It's some disgruntled ex ATS member who's trying to get people to go to their Discord site. They claim we're "a decrepit corpse of an insane conspiracy theory forum".

Dude....that's harsh.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ATS really does contain information that is above top secret. A target for those who have a lot to keep hidden.
🤡

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I checked the youtube channel Passtoreal. It's some disgruntled ex ATS member who's trying to get people to go to their Discord site. They claim we're "a decrepit corpse of an insane conspiracy theory forum".

Dude....that's harsh.

How did they get our emails ?

Ex Mod ?

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Probably that guy that was always getting kicked off ATS. Cyberseal, and a hundred other names

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No idea. Owners and Mods are gonna have to solve that one and I wouldn't count on hearing from the owners.

edit on 22-3-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well it seems to be a legit youtube link, just shortened as is common these days. Video it links to is titled "A friendly warning about a negative site known as AboveTopSecret.com"

Video description:

This site has declared war on the topic of the simulation hypothesis and any study into it. Members to inquire about it are almost immediately banned, and the guy running the accompanying Discord will ban you from there immediately as well. Feel free to use our own community discord and research forums without fear. I'll explain more in this video.

Quick look at their videos seem like they may be using 'deep fake' style software. Or the guys good at acting wooden. lol

I guess the real concern is how they got your email and knew you were a member of ATS?
Cos yeah, if someone has access to members emails that is pretty serious. Even more so if it's not a 'hack' but a disgruntled 'employee' who has access to that info.

From what I could be bothered to watch of the video seems like it's someone who has sour grapes for being banned and are trying to steal/scare members from the site.

Video is essentially "ATS is bad and censors people, come join us instead"

So anyone banned from the site and discord recently who is obsessed with "simulation hypothesis"?
Could be a very easy case to crack.
edit on 22-3-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Been mentioned elsewhere the shutdown corresponds to last year's shut down, sounds as if some element is on as year to year basis and they forgot to renew.

Either that or they updated the tracking code...

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Dude....that's harsh.

Yes! I'm recognized!!!

edit on 22-3-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Either that or they updated the tracking code...

maybe.

other stuff happening too...

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You just Know it wasn't ME Right Wittle Girl ? I'm to NICE....................*)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

youtube.com vs. youtu.be

URL shortening is a technique that makes it possible to take an existing URL, modify it in a way that will make it substantially shorter, and still have it direct to the same web page.

The way this is achieved is very simple. Every shortened URL basically uses a redirect which links to the initial web page that has a long URL.

It’s common for redirects to contain domain names that are shorter than the original ones. This is done not only for the purpose of shortening the URL, but sometimes even for creating something that is known as a domain hack which can be achieved by connecting two or more adjacent domain levels that form a name, word or phrase.

Apparently, if you click on "Share" under a video on YouTube it creates a link with a shortened address and that's what those are. I don't think there is any danger and it would have been sent by someone here who knows your email address I'm guessing.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We must be above more targets than some people are happy with.

Cool.

Carry On And Drink Tea!

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

youtube.com vs. youtu.be

URL shortening is a technique that makes it possible to take an existing URL, modify it in a way that will make it substantially shorter, and still have it direct to the same web page.

The way this is achieved is very simple. Every shortened URL basically uses a redirect which links to the initial web page that has a long URL.

It’s common for redirects to contain domain names that are shorter than the original ones. This is done not only for the purpose of shortening the URL, but sometimes even for creating something that is known as a domain hack which can be achieved by connecting two or more adjacent domain levels that form a name, word or phrase.

Apparently, if you click on "Share" under a video on YouTube it creates a link with a shortened address and that's what those are. I don't think there is any danger and it would have been sent by someone here who knows your email address I'm guessing.

I'm not the only one that got it and nobody would know my email addy also to know that I'm a ATS member and my email plus other members who got the email would point to a inside job or hack or someone in the know ?

I'm not important enough to be singled out lol

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They did not get it from here. I noticed they mentioned Discord, so perhaps they have gotten them from there.

I'd just say add them to your Spam filter and ignore them. It's just some disgruntled person being a jerk.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

They did not get it from here. I noticed they mentioned Discord, so perhaps they have gotten them from there.

I'd just say add them to your Spam filter and ignore them. It's just some disgruntled person being a jerk.

I did set up a discord account the time ATS was down and that was the only way we could be ATS at the moment .

You may be correct with the discord leak but that was like a year ago right ?

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yeah, I think that's it.

Personally, I think a person like that is best ignored until they move on to their next childish act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join