It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Eat Anything - It's All Cruel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Now they are starting to question even eating bugs.

Turns out that insect farming is cruel because bugs are beautiful and sensitive creatures too.

Insects are strange, wondrous beings. Butterflies can see parts of the light spectrum that are invisible to human eyes and use these ultraviolet patterns to find their way to tasty plants. Moths use the Earth’s magnetic field to orient themselves on journeys of hundreds of miles. Bees waggle their butts to tell their hive-mates where to find a juicy stash of nectar. Insects live in our world—or humans live in theirs—yet we inhabit completely different sensory universes.

But just as we are starting to understand insect senses, something is shifting in the way we treat these creatures. Insect farming is booming in a major way. By one estimate, between 1 trillion and 1.2 trillion insects are raised on farms each year as companies race to find a high-protein, low-carbon way to feed animals and humans. In terms of sheer numbers of animals impacted, this is a transformation of a speed and scale that we’ve never seen before.

OMG! How dare we farm them and eat them! They're so weird and wonderful. Remember that the next time a mosquito bites you in the butt while you sleep and you spend the next week itching and can't scratch.

Of course, they're questioning the ethics of eating plants too. Not only could they be sentient, but farming is just global warming, so we dare not do it.

And we all know how bad it is to farm animals for meat.

I guess that does it ... unless we learn how to photosynthesize we'll just have to starve ourselves for the good of everything else living.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That's because Bill wants you to eat his lovely lab grown meat.
Made from tumors.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Forget plants too, they have a physical reaction to people that even think of harming them. Plants are very sensitive living "creatures" that have feelings.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely ridiculous, but I'm not eating bugs anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah, the FDA just approved the second kind of lab grown chicken breast. Good thing I like dark meat, it will be years before they start making legs and thighs with bones in them...I do not buy boneless or skinless anything.

Yes, I can understand that some people get upset with killing animals for food, I respect their opinion when I am eating my meat. I was taught from young not to waste food, to use as much of the life you took so you could eat...respect it's loss of life. I buy a half a cow each year giving almost half of it for Christmas presents for my kids and their families and my brothers family.
we do not waste, we get the bones to make soup out of and it is grassfed organic...even the fat is used to make Tallow. We eat it all, we do not waste. My kids think I am a little nuts about my obsession to not waste hardly anything. I debone the steaks before cooking and use the bones and scraps to make soups most times. Same with Chickens, I get whole chickens and debone most of it to make soup from, boiling the bones and gizzards and liver in the soup...or we bake and stuff it then take the bones to make broth or soup out of

Respect the life you have taken to survive, whether it is an animal or plant. Do not waste anymore than you have to. I do not feel guilty for eating, but I see lots of people leaving too much food go to waste. The apples that get soft go to the deer, so do lots of other scraps. The deer are excellent composters, they are not very good at pooping in our garden though, they prefer to keep the place they eat sanitary I guess.

All life has some type of consciousness, if we are going to kill to eat, we should do our share to try to help nature out, not destroy it like we have been for so long. Science creates the chemicals that are destroying our environment...always remember that. If we were to eat natural foods, our poop would be fertilizer, so would our pee....but there is too much unnatural chemistry in it now to be a viable fertilizer that is neutral to the environment.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

How come no one stands up for lobster and crab?

Ill eat those bugs all day!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   

LOL,

If they could only hear the plants scream!

Plants feel pain too! Researchers find an ultrasonic 'scream' is emitted when stems are cut or if species are not watered enough

Researches recorded tomato and tobacco plants from ten centimeters away

They cut the stems of some plants and deprived others of water for several days

They found plans emitted as much as 35 distress sounds per hour in response

Normal plants produce less than one ultrasonic sound per hour

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The researchers tested tomato plants and tobacco plants by depriving them of water and by cutting their stems and then recording their response with a microphone placed ten centimeters away.

In both cases, they found the plants began to emit ultrasonic sounds between 20 and 100 kilohertz, which they believed could convey their distress to other plants and organisms in the immediate vicinity.

When a tomato plant’s stem was cut, the researchers found it emitted 25 ultrasonic distress sounds over the course of an hour, according to Live Science.

Tobacco plants sent out 15 distress sounds when their stems were cut.

When the researchers deprived each plant of water, the tomato plants emitted even more distress sounds, 35 in one hour, while the tobacco plants made 11.

Last year, another study found that some plants registered ‘pain’ after having their leaves plucked or even touched, which caused the release of a foul tasting chemical across their leaves, believed to ward off insects.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
People eat bugs all the time if they eat something with red food colouring in it.

Screws with the Vegetarians when you educate them on Cochineal Bugs.

Food for Thought: You’re Eating Bugs!

Not limited to clothing, cochineal (or carmine, as it’s also called) is used to give alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, shampoo and pharmaceuticals a bright red color.

It’s also used in food. In 2012, cochineal made headlines when Starbucks faced a public relations furor. Vegetarians and others who didn’t like the idea of eating bugs learned that the source of the red color in popular food items such as their Red Velvet Whoopie Pie and Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino contained insect guts. But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has tested and approved cochineal as a food coloring.

To make this more appealing to consumers, it's often listed by other designations. So the next time you’re picking up something at the store, watch out for these ingredients, which are all other names for cochineal or carmine: E120, carminic acid, crimson lake or natural red 4 — because, really, what’s more natural than bugs?

Cochineal Red: How Bugs Created One of the World’s Most Expensive Colors.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raiden72
That's because Bill wants you to eat his lovely lab grown meat.
Made from tumors.

He is a cancer. Why don't we start with him?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You know where this is going? Soylent Green in our 15 minute feedlots.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Doesn't the International Space Station recycle astronaut poop, converting it into various delicacies?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You know where this is going? Soylent Green in our 15 minute feedlots.

Our?

No, no, no maam.

Theirs. Their democracy and their cities.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well.... Eat an apple it wont hurt a tree... There's many fruits and vegetables U can eat without hurting the plant ...
Reality is quite odd having to eat other beings to survive ... On another level other beings do it to us in diff ways feeding off negative energies etc
Pe

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You will be displaced with our new loyal friends , machines ,robots and so we can start living normal life with no human food issues, complains . Our future is shaping to glorious New World Or.......eh sorry i mean you will be happy.

Sincerely
Klaus

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I guess that does it

Correct. Time to reduce population pressure on the planet.

A ten-year moratorium on human reproduction should do it.

Otherwise Earth will do the job for us, in ways we shan't enjoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
People eat bugs all the time if they eat something with red food colouring in it.

Screws with the Vegetarians when you educate them on Cochineal Bugs.

Food for Thought: You’re Eating Bugs!

Not limited to clothing, cochineal (or carmine, as it’s also called) is used to give alcoholic beverages, cosmetics, shampoo and pharmaceuticals a bright red color.

It’s also used in food. In 2012, cochineal made headlines when Starbucks faced a public relations furor. Vegetarians and others who didn’t like the idea of eating bugs learned that the source of the red color in popular food items such as their Red Velvet Whoopie Pie and Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino contained insect guts. But the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has tested and approved cochineal as a food coloring.

To make this more appealing to consumers, it's often listed by other designations. So the next time you’re picking up something at the store, watch out for these ingredients, which are all other names for cochineal or carmine: E120, carminic acid, crimson lake or natural red 4 — because, really, what’s more natural than bugs?

Cochineal Red: How Bugs Created One of the World’s Most Expensive Colors.

i saw a thing about them, and it showed a guy making the color from them

he was an artist in mexico.
pretty wild.

i think he said they only used female bugs iirc.

great color red from them.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hiram33

Actually, they say pulling an apple from the tree before the tree is ready to drop it on it's own is harmful to the tree itself. It can cause other apples to fall off the tree prematurely, and temporarily damage the branch.

On another note;

Acacia trees, when eaten by browsing giraffes, release ethylene gas, which prompts other acacias to flood their leaves with defensive and unappetizing tannins. As a result, giraffes have learned to browse trees that are downwind and progress upwind as they feed.

So, one would say that plants feel as much "pain" as any other living entity.

However, I do agree that there are a number of plants that can be picked from or eaten directly without causing damage and/or "pain" to the plant itself.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A stone crab will regrow its claw after it’s been snapped off . We have 10 stone crab traps here , and I don’t feel as bad eating stone crab claws, since I know it will re grow .

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I never see it mentioned that almost all vegan foods are eaten while they are still alive!
Put a chicken leg in water and see if it grows a new chicken. Try that with celery and you get more celery.
I'd rather eat something humanely euthanized than to devour a living creature just fighting for survival.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Every time you bite down on shredded wheat it suffers and screams.

The consumption of anything biological is genocide. From now on you are only permitted to eat salt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join