It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns conflict is inevitable unless U.S. changes course

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So is this just the Chinese dragon huffing and puffing or is there more to this? Or does China realize now is the time to make a move on Taiwan?

Just bluster following the spy balloon?

With how quickly the spy balloon hubbub died down you got to believe the US is likely doing the same type of surveillance or worse. Hard to imagine the ballon was harmless, and nothing but crickets.

www.msn.com...

BEIJING — The United States and China are hurtling toward inevitable “confrontation and conflict” unless Washington changes course, Beijing’s new foreign minister warned Tuesday.

The fiery comments from Chinese Foreign Minister Qin Gang underlined the deepening tensions between the world’s two largest economies in the wake of the surveillance balloon saga and Russia’s war in Ukraine.

They echoed similarly sharp remarks a day earlier by China’s leader, Xi Jinping, blaming U.S. efforts to contain China for deteriorating relations and suggesting Beijing would increasingly seek to push back.

Qin’s news conference, his first since taking office in December, took place in Beijing on the sidelines of the annual meeting of China’s rubber-stamp legislature, where Xi is expected to complete the biggest government reshuffle in a decade.

In a wide-ranging rebuke of U.S. policies, Qin — who until recently was the Chinese ambassador to the U.S. — questioned President Joe Biden’s assertion that the U.S. seeks competition with China but not conflict.

“In fact, the U.S. side’s so-called competition is all-round containment and suppression, a zero-sum game,” he said, suggesting that conflict may be unavoidable unless Washington stops trying to suppress Beijing.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If the only thing stopping you from overtaking another country, was under the control of an old senile man surrounded by weaklings just like him that backed down from everything, wouldn't you jump on the opportunity as well? Everything happening today is everything the left said would happen under Trump for the reasons it's all happening under Biden. We're actually a laughingstock now and we're actually weak now.

Frickin democrats.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

blaming U.S. efforts to contain China for deteriorating relations

If China wasn't on an expationist path then the US and others wouldn't feel the need to try to "contain" them , perhaps if they hadn't spent much of the last few decades stealing their space program from the West relations might be warmer.

China likes to sound off , if that had been an American balloon over China they would be sounding off more than the US has over the incursion.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Haha people reading msn.com hahaha... after living in a constant psy-op for 3 years, people still believe what they read in the media, without questioning the true intent of these "news".

This is another fake, fabricated, psy-op, Cold War 2.0. The Military Industrial Complex has been doing this for almost a century now. They create a fake enemy, so it's easier to steal the US taxpayer money away with the excuse that "there is another war coming", the "USA needs to look strong", we need to "fight for democracy".... LOL.

The USA and China are the biggest trading allies that humanity has ever seen. The USA practically built China from scratch. Even more, the Chinese turn all their profits into buying US treasury bonds (US debt), instead of investing all those trillions in their own development. It's all a scam, a hoax. China is controlled by western banks and they are another puppet government, like every single government in this planet.

The real enemy of every government in the world is THEIR OWN POPULATION.

Time to wake up guys.

edit on 7-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It seems that right now the media it very oddly silent about what China is doing military wise today.....
If I was a betting man I would bet they are going to test us with striking the Philippines.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

Qin accused the Biden administration of policies designed to “contain and suppress China in all respects” driven by what he called a “hysterical neo-McCarthyism” that was inflicting serious harm on bilateral relations.

“If the United States does not hit the brake, but continues to speed down the wrong path … there will surely be conflict and confrontation and who will bear the catastrophic consequences?” Qin said.
www.politico.com...

It's worth noting the Mr Qin is China's new foreign minister , kinda puts his rant in context.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Governments rule through fear; you need a good guy and a bad guy to convince people only your leaders can save you from the life-or-death threats.

War, once again, is the big focus. Phffft. How many times are we going to fall for the lies they feed us? We're just getting over shaking in our boots from yet another virus that got WAY overplayed, so now it's time to beat the war drums again.

It works as a perfect control system to direct society, and behind the scenes I suspect all the world leaders may just be on the same page. Either way, it's not like the working man/woman really has a say in how world events play out, so we might as well refuse to live in fear or dread for events that may or may not happen and enjoy each day as if it's our last.

One day it will be, and there's not a darn thing we can do about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Your title made me laugh a bit... Specifically the "unless U.S. changes course" part...

It reminded me of a Canadian urban myth/legend... I posted it below...

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Russia is 11%of the land on earth.

They are fighting for more right now.

But the US is the bad guy. (So I hear)
edit on 7-3-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While China has previously built out disputed reefs, islands and land formations in the area that it had long controlled — and militarized them with ports, runways and other infrastructure — the officials presented images of what they called the first known instances of a nation doing so on territory it doesn’t already occupy. They warned that Beijing’s latest construction activity indicates an attempt to advance a new status quo, even though it’s too early to know whether China will seek to militarize them.
www.japantimes.co.jp...

No , the US isn't the bad guy it's just doing its job.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Everything happening in the last few years is a big preparation for what will happen in the future.
If # hit the fan with nuclear bombs etc. and WWIII starts.
Who will survive in the long run ? the group that's got all the freedom in the world and can do what they want ? or the side that got the best control of their human/people/population?

China(and more countries) doesn't care what U.S.A. says or thinks in the last few years and keeps challenging them because they know that they will win the game of world dominance in the end, if they keep going on like this.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.” H.L. Mencken

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

While the US has its foreign policy blunders that shouldn’t be ignored… We also protected the waters and trade of most of the planet since WWII and helped many develop. Much of the world has benefited.

Also, I think a lot of people just want the Budapest Memorandum memory holed.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It’s about more than spy balloons. The US almost went to war with Russia over its base building in Cuba. Same thing now with different players.

It’s also a similar situation with Ukraine
edit on 02/06/2023 by lostbook because: Na

edit on 02/06/2023 by lostbook because: Na

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Call me Foolish but I say let's do it .

A Conflict between the USA and China is inevitable . Economically , Politically , Socially and Militarily we are Rivals and the only thing that has stopped us from fighting thus far is the undeniable Economic Link between our two countries .

One needs the other to survive.

But I don't think that is the case anymore , China has it's claws deep in many nations around the world. It seems the Global economy is inextricably linked to China .

So if it comes to War who do you think will actually be on our side ?
edit on 7-3-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Russia is 11%of the land on earth.

They are fighting for more right now.

But the US is the bad guy. (So I hear)

Nope, the US is the good guys and would never start any pre-emptive wars.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Nope, the US is the good guys and would never start any pre-emptive wars.

that list is pretty disingenuous in the context of US wars.

Also, I already said in this thread that we’ve hade our blights too.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025
Haha people reading msn.com hahaha... after living in a constant psy-op for 3 years, people still believe what they read in the media, without questioning the true intent of these "news".

This is another fake, fabricated, psy-op, Cold War 2.0. The Military Industrial Complex has been doing this for almost a century now. They create a fake enemy, so it's easier to steal the US taxpayer money away with the excuse that "there is another war coming", the "USA needs to look strong", we need to "fight for democracy".... LOL.

The USA and China are the biggest trading allies that humanity has ever seen. The USA practically built China from scratch. Even more, the Chinese turn all their profits into buying US treasury bonds (US debt), instead of investing all those trillions in their own development. It's all a scam, a hoax. China is controlled by western banks and they are another puppet government, like every single government in this planet.

The real enemy of every government in the world is THEIR OWN POPULATION.

Time to wake up guys.

Respectfully LOL

Here's a link to other sources on the exact same story see if any of them are the same frequency as your brain waves are currently.

www.newzit.com...

here's The Hill's take on the issue if it's not sufficient please give me a list of your approved media sources and I'll try and find thier take on the subject so you can clearly understand what the discussion is about.

thehill.com...

China’s foreign minister on Tuesday warned of “conflict and confrontation” with the United States if Washington does not “hit the brakes” on its current approach to relations with Beijing.

“If the United States does not hit the brakes, but continues to speed down the wrong path, no amount of guardrails can prevent derailing, and there will surely be conflict and confrontation,” Foreign Minister Qin Gang said at the National People’s Congress, per CNN.

He added that the U.S. call for “establishing guardrails and not seeking conflict simply means that China should not respond in word or in action when attacked,” according to CNBC.

Qin’s comments come as U.S.-China relations remain strained amid a series of controversies, including the suspected Chinese spy balloon that hovered in U.S. airspace last month. The U.S. military shot down the balloon off the coast of South Carolina after it spent a week traversing the country and reportedly surveilling strategic sites.

Qin accused the U.S. of overreacting to the balloon incident and creating “a diplomatic crisis that could have been avoided,” CNN reported. Beijing has maintained that the high-flying object was a weather balloon that was blown off course.

edit on 7-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

So the analogy is China is the American aircraft carrier and the US is the lighthouse? the US is the unmovable object and China is the one who should change course, period.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

China is one of the good guys, like Russia, Iran and North Korea.

Central bank, something, something. Not woke, something, something. Anti-globalist, something, something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join