It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KSP trooper accused of beating handcuffed mentally ill man had been rejected 7 times by police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Full title is : Former KSP trooper accused of beating handcuffed mentally ill man had been rejected 7 times by police

www.wdrb.com... 09-11ed-b982-13de9b43e2f3.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Former Kentucky State Trooper Aaron Tucker, who is being sued for allegedly beating a handcuffed schizophrenic man in 2019, was rejected by three different law enforcement agencies a total of seven times before being hired by state police.

Before eventually hiring him, KSP's background investigation revealed Tucker had a bad character reference, previous employers who said they would not hire him, failed his oral board interview and did not pass physical or psychological examinations.

In addition, Tucker admitted he stole merchandise while working at Wal-Mart, shot stray dogs and cats on his property as a teenager, was fired from multiple jobs and had been banned from working as a substitute teacher at a school after an argument with a student. He also had been served with a domestic restraining order.

Please read the whole article to see what a lowlife they hired.

Really makes you wonder about the quality of law enforcement, doesn't it ? How many times has this happened ? Not just KSP, but in departments all around the country. We've all seen the Youtube videos of cops who just can't hold their temper and any slight to their overblown ego results in a beatdown and false charges at best and turns lethal at worst. I recently watched a video of 2 WV state troopers who unknowingly recorded themselves making up charges to justify a traffic stop. "We gotta cover our ass" That's a direct quote from one of them. Or another instance where a legally blind man had a white cane [ the stick they use to feel in front of them ] folded in his back pocket and they told him they thought it was a gun. Seriously. Broad daylight and the guy was walking down the street when they rolled up on him like Stormtroopers and even after they found out what it was, they STILL arrested him on trumped up charges.

If you look, you can find hundreds if not thousands of videos like that. I know some of these "auditors" push their luck just for views and try to make the cops look bad, but the truth is, they don't need any help looking bad.

I get sick and tired of hearing "making sure we go home at night" to justify unprovoked violence or infringing on someone's Civil Rights because of "officer safety". "Putting our lives on the line" is the one that gets me. Sorry boys..you don't even come close on the list of most dangerous jobs. If you're that afraid, quit and find something else.
edit on 25-2-2023 by DAVID64 because: add full title

Working Link...
KSP trooper accused of beating
edit on 2/25/2023 by Blaine91555 because: posted working link to article

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sad isn't it. That corrupt leadership must hire morally corrupt or even just morally questionable people in order to ensure the progress of their own corrupt goals.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Now I'm not one who will invalidate your OP ... but the article you cite is no longer available (404'd) at the link.

Information control is a funny thing... not funny 'Ha Ha' - but funny that people can 'shift and move' content that elicits the wrong kind of attention sometimes ...

Honestly, if I were a police officer, anyone I work with better expect to get an earful from me if they behave in a way that leads to us being characterized in a bad light. I don't understand how other officers seem to tolerate this kind of behavior in silence...

I know too many great officers who suffer every time some peer goes "full thug."

The one's we should keep and call for to be emulated are almost never the object of media focus... and when they are, it's for smarmy public relations efforts by the same people who seem inclined to hire thugs and commandos ... for 'peacekeeping.'

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Someone is going to get paid.

They are screwed hiring a multi-reject and having this incident on camera. Also, trying to hide this from the lawyers was a nice touch.....

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

www.wdrb.com/wdrb-investigates/former-ksp-trooper-accused-of-beating-handcuffed-mentally-ill-man-had-been-rejected-7-times/article_11400508-b309-11ed- b982-13de9b43e2f3.html

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Go to this video and click the link below it to the news story. I copied the link after going to the story from that link and I have no idea why the one I posted doesn't work.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-2-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Link to the article...

KSP trooper accused of beating

Click on the button to quote to see how it's properly formatted so the links work. It's really simple. If you look at the icons on top of the editing box you will find a button to make it even easier. ATS 101.

edit on 2/25/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/25/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I don't understand how other officers seem to tolerate this kind of behavior in silence...

That's a huge part of the problem. Folks say "It's only a few bad apples" but the good ones keep their mouth shut and let them get away with it. They'll even lie for them to protect the "thin blue line". Even if they don't back up their story directly, there's always "I didn't see anything".

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I don't understand how other officers seem to tolerate this kind of behavior in silence...

That's a huge part of the problem. Folks say "It's only a few bad apples" but the good ones keep their mouth shut and let them get away with it. They'll even lie for them to protect the "thin blue line". Even if they don't back up their story directly, there's always "I didn't see anything".

oh!
like politicians.

the only police force in the us with royal immunity
is the capital police.

interesting.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   

That is one special kind of cop. He beats the hell out of a handcuffed person and then walks away limping and making a fuss over his knee. So he beat himself up too in the process.

Ya, I am sick of the "make sure we go home after the shift" excuses.

new topics

top topics

join