It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Men The Workforce Wants You Back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hmm man/men is a smugg word these days. How dare you identify me! Blech. Just kidding, I worked through the pandemic and actually have worked for 32 years. I was considered a mucho gusto worker needed in an EV factory cause I can paint my buttox off. Do I need to read I need to get back to work, yes I do. I need to get back to my outdorry roots of gardening, camping, I'm a fish out of water.

My parents weren't rich but they sure knew how to camp and to bring us to cool places to swim and experience nature. But times of now has me going in on days off just to make ends meet. If you get my drift? I've def fallen off the social media over the years, it's just too much and I don't need it.

I feel stuck.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   

edit on 2/25/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Wow, I didn’t even know that. What complete bull#! No taxes paid for 5 years, how unfair and unsustainable.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Wow, I didn’t even know that. What complete bull#! No taxes paid for 5 years, how unfair and unsustainable.

I found that out at my last job, couldn't believe it myself.
I saw the payroll checks.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It’s more complicated than that here it seems.
Pray tell, a buddy who made over $300K for the last 10 years since he broke in calls to ask if I know any young guys, well, (the sons of any friends was the actual words he used) that might be interested in learning a trade.
He’s just an average deck hand. Skippers made twice what the deckhands have over the last 15-20 years.
I helped him get started 12 years ago.

Around here you can’t give away high paying work it seems.
The fleet is crying for new blood, and that’s beyond insane.

To our bright future….😏

We used to pray for to get $2.25 a pound back in the day.
$3,000 for 12days work was great money. Today, it’s $25K for 9 days.

newbedfordlight.org...

Plus…..

lobsteranywhere.com...

If anyone remembers my words about seafood sitting in a milky fluid in display cases, see above link.

*****Dry Scallops, Not Wet. They are NOT soaked with Sodium Tripoly Phosphate (STP), so you are not paying for water weight*****

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: the sand box

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Speak for yourself. I never wore the mask. I never bent the knee. I saw one other person at the height of this without a mask. Some beautiful married woman who looked at me and asked me "Where are all our men? Why aren't the men putting this right?"

I was one of two people who never wore a mask whwre I live. I saw one other old guy who was a world war 2 vet. The rest were all sheep.

I served my country and knew better than to believe in my government.a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The problem is, you have a whole lot of men who worked in factories, etc. for years and realize what a fool's errand it is to work for a corporation that marginalizes their most productive workers, many highly skilled and overworked, and rewards the most, the salaried managerial class for carrying a workload that is 25 percent of theirs. And many of those very same office people worked from home and continued to reap better bonuses while the hourly workers who were deemed "essential" worked on site in close quarters literally risking their lives in a pandemic with what was mostly minimal protection, without compensation for it. And if you happened to be one of those front-line workers and complained about the disparity, they often would tell you to be happy you have a job and if you don't like it, leave. Well, that's exactly what a lot of us finally did. I think that whole experience finally brought to a head what many working-class Americans had long believed regarding corporate America; that we were little more than expendable slaves to them. Fortunately for me I reached early retirement age and just retired but may start working again part time at some point; if and when I decide to go back to work if I get bored, I am pretty sure I will try self-employment this time. I wish you younger people better luck than we had. At least you guys will hit the ground with a heads up as to the scam working in a corporate environment is these days.
edit on 28-2-2023 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join