It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists, but not the way most people want it to, or recognize.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I am slightly confused by your comment
You are commenting on my question of why anything needs to be worshipped ... But I don't quite know how that relates that
Yes I agree with you god is complex I will write something I wrote many years ago ... It is how I see god
I am the silence between sound
I am stillness between movement
I am the empty space between atoms
I live in the shadow because I am the light
I am unseen because I am everywhere
Who am I ?

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hiram33

You are commenting on my question of why anything needs to be worshipped ...

Kinda. it was also something to question just what is vile. Lots of people worship lots of different things, money, sex, power.

As for trying to worship god, not sure how to do. The closest I get is in appreciation of the life I have.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hiram33
a reply to: charlyv

I can resonate more with what you say then an angry man sitting in a cloud who will destroy us if we don't bow to him and praise him for he is the lord and needs to be reminded of that because he is so insecure

I don’t think God asks for praise because He is insecure, He asks because you are

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Gratitude is one of them. Respect for the body we have ...and respect for all life ...appreciation
Personally I just can't subscribe to god fearing
Or having to get on my knees .... I just don't think that any omnipotent being would require that . Or religion with fear in it .... Like the saying are you a god fearing man ?
That to me does not make sense to me
I strive to be in harmony with myself and with the world around myself... I do the best that I can ... At times I have done some unpleasant things to others to myself I am no saint and truth be told I have many dark dark places within myself I am not ashamed to admit it . later on with some self reflection I can see it with diff eyes .. were they mistakes ? No because they were lessons and I grew from it ..does that mean I need to be punished for it ?, I have watched myself grow throughout my life I have Been so many diffrent people in my 42 years of life ... How much of it was really me ? What was done through trying to fit in ..or societal programs and indoctrinations... Since 2011 I have been on a massive quest to dive deep into who I really am.,. Means having to peel away many layers and illusions to find myself....and I am still peeling away at those layers... I look back at times in my life and it really is like looking into a past life I don't recognise myself .... Who will I be in 10 years I don't know.....but I am striving to be the best version of myself and if there is a god that is all this being would expect from me ....that's my thoughts anyway
Peace 🙏

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: M5xaz

...and you know this because....

It would be harder to believe than what I said, but look at the evidence... we have been given all the clues.
Start with hydrogen.

That to me points to an intelligent Godly entity existing, which your OP seemed to be denying

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Also makes little sense to me ... Why does all powerfull being require worship because we are insecure....in what way does that make any sense
God ( you need to worship me because you are insecure ) 🙄.. and why is god a he ? If God is the true highest of the high why is it male ? Maybe it female or a hemaphrodite ... Or better yet above any gender ....god being male shows a duality wouldnt god be nondual ?

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Like the saying are you a god fearing man ?

There are somethings in this world that are rightly feared. As for being scared of God, only if I go out and intentionally do something stupid does this start to worry me.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh no, consideration of the existence of God should be present every moment.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

...and you know this because....

Maybe the OP can add some of his reasoning behind these conclusions, perhaps even discuss some accompanying evidence that points to these conclusions. Something a little more informative than simply saying "hydrogen".
edit on 23-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Nature is god. There is no human like entity with wrath, purposes, hatred of some and love for others who is bothered about every single human and what they do wrong.
A being who made the universe would just not have any human 'qualities' at all.
To say so is inane.
Nature, i.e a force you could call god made everything, but it isn't sentient. It's a formula that just works.

That out of the way, you can still be spiritual, there are beings out there, who knows where from, on another plane, dimension or a super reality above ours who will listen or help or whatever.

Those aren't god though. They are beings like us existing under natural laws. They did not make their universe either.

The only time puny humans may call them creators is if they made a simulation in which we live. In this case they would very likely be human nerdy scientists, who may want a certain outcome and would punish people for disobedience.

Yet again, not anywhere near any human invented idea of a god. Of which there are many.

Humans have a tendency to call any strangers with better abilities or technology gods. Humans are so easily impressed and believe to be oh so special.

Meanwhile the universe keeps universing and Nature keeps naturing and humans will come and go and other life will take our place until the universe ceases to exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That's not even prehistoric dribble, no one knows where that came from.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What is, "The Source, Hunab Ku..." Alex..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You are very close with your views and thoughts OP, good job. But, take it as a free advise from a very old metaphysician, there is another jump you need to take, to pass from thought to emotion.

When you say that god replicated itself in the universe, it's actually God's LOVE, that forms, expands organizes the universe. Just like a bird, expands its nest when its offspring are coming. We are god's children and this planet (our nest) is for us to enjoy it. Close your eyes, shut your mind, focus on your heart and fell God's LOVE brother, which is all around you and within you.

PS: I don't have a good opinion of this forum, but a positive thing is that people seem to participate quite a lot in these subjects about God. Good to see that even in these materialistic times, the old dude is still present in people's minds. And yes, there will always be some that are angry because they prayed for bigger boobs or a larger pecker, and didn't get it. Much love to you too, atheist friends.

edit on 23-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

That to me points to an intelligent Godly entity existing, which your OP seemed to be denying

Surely not the best terms, but it's what we've got: God is emotionally intelligent, which is far superior than any intellectual intelligence. A calculator cannot create beauty.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I was raised in a devout, hardshell Baptist home. I read the Bible, and studied it, throughout my childhood.
I married a devout Catholic, and went to mass for several years.
I became friends with an Imam, read the Koran, and studied the Muslim religion.
I have studied Buddhism.
I have also observed the world, constantly seeking answers, and above all, LOGICAL TRUTH.
In my view, faith is something cultivated by Charlatans.

In 66 years, I have found no concrete answers. No epiphanies. No redeemer, nor intercessor, nor loving God. Not even a kindly Mother Nature.

What I have found, through observation and logical inference, is that this world was created, is governed, and can be altered, by an entity, or entities that take delight in misery and despair.

This should be obvious to anyone, WITH AN OPEN MIND, by asking just a few, simple questions.

If we live under an ALL POWERFUL, LOVING GOD, why would he/she allow an earthquake in Turkey to kill 50,000 of his children? If YOU were all powerful, would YOU allow that to happen?

Why did an all powerful, LOVING God create the mosquito, or the tick, or viruses?

Why does mankind, if he was created in God's image, gravitate toward greed and selfishness?

Why do two trees, if planted next to each other, have to FIGHT each other for sunshine and nutrients?

Why is Mother Nature actually CRUEL, rather than KIND?

There are endless examples of evidence refuting an ALL POWERFUL, LOVING GOD.

However, if one can set aside the FEAR of offending this loving God, and objectively seek the TRUE CREATOR'S motives, it should be OBVIOUS what those motives are.

SOMEONE gets their KICKS out of PAIN and SUFFERING.

Who could that someone be?

YALDABAOTH

If you dig deep enough, past the altered words that we call Bible and Koran, you will find that even Jesus, the reknowned TEACHER, held this view. He was a GNOSTIC.

No other teaching answers all the questions of this existence.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

Surely not the best terms, but it's what we've got: God is emotionally intelligent, which is far superior than any intellectual intelligence. A calculator cannot create beauty.

Both emotional and intellectual intelligence

And

You got that wrong - Intellectual intelligence is far superior to emotional intelligence.
It's what separates us from mere animals
and emotional irrational "thinking" (ex: trannys) is a plague on our society

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The true God is not a he, or a she. and never wrote any of the books attributed to the word of God.

It was all written by humans, who used God as an entity to punish people into submission and organized religion to control them.

There are wonderful religious people in the world, as well as some terrible people as well, but this is not about them.

The real God demanded nothing from any being and created a universe that was eventually able to create the sentience required to recognize and acknowledge itself, and thus that God exists.

God is replicated in all the energy and matter in the universe, and our DNA makes the universe cognizant of itself.

Pleasing God is to be respectful of just being here, and that attitude will certainly change the world.

And in that, is the truth....

He is not separate from us, he is part of us, and when you find that part, its pure magic

A special message for the impostors, minions, and the hidden ones... "Who" (LOL) attempted to hide the Divine Creator from us........

charlyv, thank you. I can never find the words lol lol

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

LOL. Oh dear, you are so wrong. But I know that one day you'll realize that even the smallest of the emotions is BY FAR more relevant that any thought you might come up to in your lifetime.

If you ever get to old age, you'll see that your mind will dump you like an old pair of shoes, but your heart will never... I just hope it isn't too late by the time you realize this, it's not easy to die grumpy and alone.

Then, animals are far more in equilibrium and "in peace" about who they are than us silly humans. They live in the infinite now, while humans are constantly struggling with their past traumas and their fears of the future. By the way you write about them beautiful animals, I can see how troubled you are... the mind is the source of all your troubles, but you are too attached to it to see it....

Anyway... good luck in your path, you'll need it.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I kind of agree that God is probably a creative, sentient energy that is embedded within everything and expresses itself through everything. I also think it's apart from a lot of the morality and rules that men have created in his name, maybe not all but many. I've come to my conclusions on that based around a lot of mystic and transcendent experiences that people have had.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

Julian of Norwich.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fastzombie

You can only do so much when your earthly vehicle is in danger of the Swiss Army that is looking to harm you when it's drinking next to you at the counter at the Bar. Either going on with living can save us from death or waking up in the same world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join