It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Explosion in Ohio

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ohio just can't seem to catch a break!

A major explosion and fire drew a massive fire and emergency medical response to an alloy company in Oakwood Monday afternoon with smoke visible as far south as Stow and Cuyahoga Falls.

The explosion was reported at around 2:30 p.m. on Alexander Road just west of I-271. Multiple fire departments were called to provide mutual aid.

Lt. Marcus Ketner of the Twinsburg fire department said that the fire department sent mutual aid EMS units and transferred an unknown number of people to a local hospital.

[www.beaconjournal.com...]< br />

OAKWOOD VILLAGE, Ohio (WJW) — Authorities are on scene at a Oakwood Village metal manufacturing plant Monday afternoon.
Flying over the scene, FOX 8 SkyFOX helicopter showed a fire and a large plume of smoke coming from the building, but firefighters now have it under control. From the ground, debris can be seen scattered hundreds of yards away and a large chunk of the building is missing. Some of the nearby cars were caught on fire as well.
“There has been reports of a smell of ‘Burning Oil’ in areas,” Broadview Heights Fire Department said on Facebook. This is likely from the fire scene. We are likely to notice this odor for a while yet.

[fox8.com...]
edit on 100000044America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's a somewhat generic description of what the company is about....

I. Schumann & Co. LLC is a fourth generation family-owned and managed business. Schumann recycles and trades a wide variety of scrap and produces brass and bronze alloys in ingot and pellet forms.

Located in the southeastern Cleveland, Ohio suburb of Oakwood Village, Schumann is operating in its fourth location since the early 1900s. ISO 9001:2015 certified processes ensure consistent production controls and quality.

Through continuous improvement, Schumann maintains an environmentally compliant and state-of-the-art facility. Safety and environmental stewardship provide direction for ingot making, recycling and scrap processing on-site. The company stocks a full-range of copper alloys and offers solutions for today's dynamic marketplace.

Website
www.ischumann.com...
Industries
Mining
Company size
51-200 employees
Headquarters
Bedford, Ohio
Type
Privately Held
Founded
Specialties
alloys, brass, bronze, foundry and mill, ingot, primary metals, environmentally friendly alloys, copper, tin, lead, zinc, and silicon metal

[www.linkedin.com...]

(post by FamCore removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Careful, the new talking points on the right sure do sound like they want more presidential and federal involvement in commercial and state affairs.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There is this one from Saturday.
link

We were in the driveway about 10 miles away and heard it.
edit on 20-2-2023 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Brutal hopefully was able to get out of there alive

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

*adjusts tinfoil hat* It almost feels like refineries specializing in chemical and alloy distribution are being targeted to further federalize the market. First groceries, now textiles. What's next?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why do you think government exists at all? What are those tax dollars paying for?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I was a steel worker. Shop Super for over 28 years. I used to worry about the boiler blowing up. Also our giant acid tank emits hydrogen gas. Lots of giant totes and barrels of fresh and used waste oil around the place. I hope no one was killed or severly burned in this explosion.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I was a steel worker. Shop Super for over 28 years. I used to worry about the boiler blowing up. Also our giant acid tank emits hydrogen gas. Lots of giant totes and barrels of fresh and used waste oil around the place. I hope no one was killed or severly burned in this explosion.

With a large chunk of the building missing and 'several' people taken to the hospital it doesn't look good. Latest info says 14 injured, 1 critically.

Here's a link to video of the fire...it looks like there was a LOT of damage.

[fox8.com...]

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

*adjusts tinfoil hat* It almost feels like refineries specializing in chemical and alloy distribution are being targeted to further federalize the market. First groceries, now textiles. What's next?

These events do seem to raise a cry for more gov. oversight in DC. There isn't much left that isn't regulated by one branch or another.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Careful, the new talking points on the right sure do sound like they want more presidential and federal involvement in commercial and state affairs.

Isn't that your dream?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Ouch, looks like a doozy.

I know there's a few of us here that have or do work in steel mills. We're talking major chemical compounds and gases way worse than oil.

These "accidents" seem to be increasing and happening at all the "best" places.

Praying for the workers and families.

edit on 2/20/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So turkey has a BIG quake 2/6 and Ohio has a “controlled” detonation same day. Got it.

Another 6.4 quake in Turkey today and yet another explosion in OH same day?????

Meh, probably just a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That's brutal, and hard to imagine there were only 14 injuries.

Thanks for posting the video since I suck at it.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Isn't that your dream?

Nah, I’m a libertarian.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This isn't a partisan talking point... the fact that this administration has no problem giving Ukraine $113 billion in aid (so far, Biden promoting another $500 million as we speak) while minimizing catastrophes here in the states that are directly damaging our own citizens.

If those who are supposed to be representing and protecting Americans spent even a tenth of the energy and resources helping Ohioans as they have Ukrainians it would make a positive difference, but even that's way too much for these soulless bureaucrats

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join