It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senators Introduce Bill to Designate Wagner PMC As a Foreign Terrorist Organization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The cross party Bill is being introduced to designate Wagner Group PMC as a foreign terrorist organization so they can be held responsible for their war crimes in Ukraine and their leadership can be brought under the sanctions regIme.

“Putin’s unprovoked and illegal war against Ukraine has been made more deadly because of the Wagner Group. These mercenaries have been credibly linked to countless atrocities in Ukraine as well as Syria and across the African continent,” said Senator Cardin, Co-Chair of the U.S. Helsinki Commission. “The U.S. must step up and immediately designate the Wagner Group as the terrorists they are. It is the best way to hold them and Russia accountable for their human rights violations. We must do all we can to diminish the strength of Putin’s invading forces.”

The Wagner Group is a para-military organization that employs thousands of mercenaries. It has been widely condemned for its work as a private military for Russian President Vladimir Putin, conducting terrorist operations in Ukraine, Mali, Sudan, and the Central African Republic that resulted in the massacre of civilians since 2014.

The Wagner Group has also murdered and threatened journalists, kidnapped children, deployed nerve agents against civilians, committed acts of torture, and engaged in rape and sex trafficking of women and children. Wagner has also taken weapons deliveries from North Korea, a designated State Sponsor of Terrorism.
www.cardin.senate.gov... ion/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThe%20Wagner%20Group%20is%20not,to%20be%20imposed%20on%20them.

Better late than never.
edit on 15-2-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Terrorists calling Terrorists "Terrorists".

What do we call the banderites in Ukraine?
Friendly nazis?
This hypocrisy here knows no bounds...

Wagner doesn't worry me near as much as the Terrorists in our country who blew up the NordStream pipeline.

These stories are just an attempt to distract us from our real enemies amongst us. It's not Russia, China, Iran, Syria, etc. It's the bloodthirsty lunatics running our country who enjoy recycling poor people into profits for the MIC.

(post by Thrumbo removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
The propaganda sure was thick in that.

It blows me away, with all that is now known , that people still read and watch this programming with reverence, instead of the scorn and ridicule it deserves.

Everything Russia is accused of the West is guilty of many times over. Yet so many still think our propaganda = good, theirs = bad.

"Putin’s unprovoked and illegal war against Ukraine has been made more deadly because"

Maybe because we have been infringing on them for decades, look what happened when they tried it in Cuba, yet the sheep get frisky when we provoke them in their neighborhood and they react. So we get the military industrial complex wet dream, a proxy war we can "make more deadly" AND profit off of by supplying arms. Not to mention we were just waiting for a chance to blow their pipeline.

The whole thing is just evil, anyone supporting it is either evil or ignorant.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Friendly nazis?

Wagner doesn't worry me near as much as the Terrorists in our country who blew up the NordStream pipeline.

These stories are just an attempt to distract us from our real enemies amongst us. It's not Russia, China, Iran, Syria, etc. It's the bloodthirsty lunatics running our country who enjoy recycling poor people into profits for the MIC.

Ummm...yeah...the OP is a propaganda feeder...and disseminator...I kinda wish he'd stick with scanning the interwebs for all things space...at least that's mildly entertaining...

Sucking up to everything...Daddy.Gov...is just not a good look...

I wonder what he has to say about blackwater...or the Foreign Legion...or the UK's very own "Keenie Meenie services"...or "Dogs of War"...?

They must be the...Good mercenaries...

YouSir
edit on 15-2-2023 by YouSir because: it burns...it burns...

edit on 15-2-2023 by YouSir because: I can...

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

So you are in support of Wagner?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ummm...yeah...the OP is a propaganda feeder...and disseminator...I kinda wish he'd stick with scanning the interwebs for all things space...at least that's mildly entertaining...

What is propaganda about the OP ?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Its ok when we do!

with the blackwater mercenaries.....

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

They arent any different from the US version of the blackwater mercenaries.
After all Trump did awarded a blackwater mercenary.

Trump pardons Blackwater contractors jailed for massacre of Iraq civilians

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

My thoughts exactly.

Wagner = terrorist
Azov = funded

We can do the same here at home with blm, antifa etc.

Clown world

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Blackwater may be bad but at least they're not overt Nazis.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

originally posted by: JAY1980

Friendly nazis?

POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

This isn't the Mud Pit, and JAY1980 comments are spot on.
I can't help you when you're feeling butthurt.

edit on Wed Feb 15 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So you are in support of Wagner?

Ummm...that's pronounced...Vagner...and yes...I enjoy classical music...almost as much as I enjoy composing it...

As for Wagner...the citizen soldier group...honestly answer one question...how do they differ from Blackwater...The Foreign Legion...The Dogs of War...?

They are all paid former service members from their prospective spheres of influence...They all are used by their governments to perform sanctioned acts on the battlefield...

Why only classifying one a terrorist group...and not the home teams mercs...?

Ahhhh...I get it...Russia...Russia...Russia...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

They arent any different from the US version of the blackwater mercenaries.
After all Trump did awarded a blackwater mercenary.

Trump pardons Blackwater contractors jailed for massacre of Iraq civilians

Of course we won't mention how the POTUS at the time was involved. But when the Taliban, Al Kinda, or Diesh...use children as human shields and opened up on the Blackwater contractors, you immediately support these barbarians from Iraq.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What is propaganda about the OP ?

Ummm...a better question...what...isn't...propaganda about the OP...

Perhaps learn to look with an extremely jaundiced eye on anything disseminated by the MSM and government...

Therein lies the answer to your question...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Go after the ball not the player.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
After seeing the sledgehammer executions by Wagner, I cant really muster up even an ounce of pity for them if they get designated a terrorist organization.

If you are trying to defend them look past both sides propaganda and look at what they have done and are doing, if someone designated blackwater a terrorist organization for the hinky stuff they did in Iraq again I would have no pity for them.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: vNex92

Blackwater may be bad but at least they're not overt Nazis.

Ummm...soooo...your saying they're...covert...Nazi's...

So...they're like the good Nazi's...in Ukraine...The Azov group...?

Whew...at least we got that ironed out...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
After seeing the sledgehammer executions by Wagner, I cant really muster up even an ounce of pity for them if they get designated a terrorist organization.

If you are trying to defend them look past both sides propaganda and look at what they have done and are doing, if someone designated blackwater a terrorist organization for the hinky stuff they did in Iraq again I would have no pity for them.

Its about standards.

We, our govt is funding Azov. While designating Wagner as terrorists. Both have nazis and commit acts of terrorism.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe azov was doing something comparable I didnt see it, I am not happy about our support to Ukraine, but I will not excuse 1 atrocity because someone on the other side committed an atrocity.

Some people in this thread by there response were saying well the other side is bad to this is wrong, that is a piss poor argument.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join