It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government May Fear Violence by Religious People if Non-Human Intelligent Life is Revealed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
If you could quote anybody saying "We fear violence from religious people in those circumstances", that would make the theory more plausible.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I think it's more likely if aliens showed up, we'd see violence and rioting from the same groups of people we've seen it from for every other event over the last 5 - 10 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Why bother telling the truth about this particular subject...no one will believe it anyway. If you do know the truth be glad for it...keep it to yourself a precious gift in time.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I don’t see that happening. I’m religious and I’ve been abducted by the greys, they are deceptive and I wouldn’t believe anything they said, thought related.

My faith in God will never waiver.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

We've become used to a world designed to exploit us to the point where it became the norm.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2023 by neo96 because: NeVerMiNd.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Good question, cwm.

Yes, I think they fear "religious" people, which covers more than just Christians.

Here's my take as a Christian:

Dying is part of the package.

Killing is NOT part of the package (short of defending myself).

We're expecting it...

oh 15:18  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 
Joh 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 
Joh 15:20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The overwhelming majority of the people on this planet still believe in fairy tales, and I'm not singling out religion with that statement. If scientists said the moon really is made of green cheese and published a handful of "peer-reviewed" papers to prove it, a lot of irreligious people would be convinced.

Governments fear one thing only, the loss of power and control, so full "disclosure" would only be in their best interest if it further solidifies national and world power as the end result.

So the real question is...who benefits from so-called disclosure, and under what circumstances?

edit on 2/14/2023 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
read childhood's end by arthur c clarke.

it's a great read.

these beings come to earth and fix everything, peace everywhere, technology, energy etc.
but won't reveal themselves.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: nvm

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Forget wild speculations about religious people raising up to confront government. Why?
Better yet to calmly look at the situation and realize that the public finally has been provoked to engage with the 75-year-old UFO issue. Yep! Aliens are out there, and are they here?

Wishy-washy statements from government are indicative that they want to allow a certain level of hysteria to spread as it spices up the realizations in the news of the last couple of weeks. If it builds, martial law will soon follow.

What to think about the situation. As a UFO abductee, I can't imagine the overlords operating such as we "seem" to see.
Off the top of my head, taking the basic facts in mind, I remember that decades ago the US government had so-called "quick response" teams that had C-130s ready to drop security troops and equipment directly down on any crashed saucer. With that picture in mind, I wonder if not the opposite might work if we needed to create our own affair? Those C-130s can now be flying, transpounders off, out to the ends of the earth and dropping out the back hatch these little non-threatening presents. All done just to get our attention focused and narrowed upon what contact could bring.

My suspicions are that the major plan of the ETs upon us is too slow for current events. The New Word Order (The Redo), you know about, right? I suspect also that Putin may be planning to bring nukes onto the stage in one way or another and our leaders would rather that not happen so they try to provoke with actions the ETs. So, they do some funny business to short-cycle disclosure and get some alien boots on the ground. With everybody now aware of the ETs after all of these denial decades, pretty much everybody should be happy. I am, sorta.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I simply read the OP and so am responding only to that.

Most religious people I know, and I know thousands do not fear "extraterrestrials". Nor would the revelation of extraterrestrials shake their faith in God, who in their eyes made a huge universe with many planets and solar systems.

As a matter of fact, every single religious person I know says and believes that God could easily have created many other habitable planets with other life forms on it, even intelligent.

FYI: Many planets with intelligent life is the basis of the Mormon faith, which I am not but have friends who are. Mormons definitely believe in extraterrestrials and it would only make them thrilled and reinforce their faith to discover it is true.

While it is true that today's Democratic Party run government seems to openly, despise, fear religious people, even hate them. AOC's latest paranoid explosion about the Super Bowl commercial is an eye opening reflection of that hate.

I don't know of any religious people who say there could not be intelligent life on other planets.

The people who fear religious people are projecting their own fears on others, as is typical of human beings.

Whatever a human is doing wrong, or whoever they persecute for what they perceive the other believes, is normally what they are secretly doing wrong or secretly feel guilty about believing. I have found that true over and over in my long life and experience. I have seen many people persecute others for what they think they are, or are doing, only to turn out later, when all is revealed, to be obsessed and guilty of what they accuse others of.

For example: liberals and progressives are the most intolerant people around, while insisting they are the most loving, tolerant, intelligent, social justice loving people on the face of the earth. Liberals openly do their best to persecute, suppress and oppress anyone who dares to disagree with the slightest bit of liberal ideology. They deem people who disagree with them on issues, racists, sexists, homophobes, deplorable (Hillary), people who cling to their guns and bibles, (Obama), and even domestic terrorists (Biden). Liberals urge tech companies to censor all who don't agree with the ideology of liberalism, (demanding tech deem disagreement with Democrats to be hate speech or misinformation). They frequently demand the firing of those who simply disagree with their political ideology calling them spreaders of misinformation and hate speech.
Meanwhile, AOC calls a commercial about love, fascist.

edit on 2/14/23 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

it's a great read.

these beings come to earth and fix everything, peace everywhere, technology, energy etc.

They do eventually reveal themselves and we both know what happens after that.

edit on 2/14/2023 by Klassified because: link

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: sarahvital

it's a great read.

They do eventually reveal themselves and we both know what happens after that.

We're ready for the Nephilim OverLords, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Yep leave it to the religious to drag everyone else to hell with themselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Headline: "U.S. Government May Fear Violence by Religious People if Non-Human Intelligent Life is Revealed."

The Empire is at it again. #UseTheForceJedi

Heed line: "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
- Saint James 2:19

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, February 13, 2023

After the recent rash of revelations from our government that high-tech aircraft have been "teasing" our intelligence community and military for years, it made me wonder why the government simply doesn't come clean and tell us that intelligent non-humans exist, and visit Earth.

High-level government spokespeople describe how mysterious and baffling the alien aircraft are, but will not cross the threshold to clearly state that the aircraft are indeed owned and operated by intelligent non-human life forms.

For example, see this ATS thread on the subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then it occurred to me, it's possible the U.S. government is afraid Religious people would riot, if it was revealed God made "Adams and Eves" all over the galaxy.

I don't know about other countries, but the U.S. government has a very unfavorable view of "Religious" people.

Is this a viable theory for why U.S. officials are so hesitant to reveal/confirm the existence of Non-Human intelligent life?

-CareWeMust

If these ET life forms aren't anthropomorphic or humanoid in their anatomy then it's safe to assume they evolved organically on another world. But naturally, unrest among the human population is more problematic than a literal space faring society. Apes together, strong. But apes who discover intelligent life among the stars, violent.

edit on 14-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Intelligent non human beings? Our cats have not been flying UFO's around, I will testify that our cats remained in the house and never left. They are too lazy to open the doors, we have to do everything for our masters.

Because intelligence doesn't require bulk, a little alien the size of your cat could have been piloting the craft Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau ordered shot down.

We could be in a world of hurt, if that was the case!

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

It's not average believers who are to blame for TPTB'S actions but because their actions loosely follow the script of the end of times believers will interpret those actions to justify their beliefs and therefore adopt an attitude of 'there is nothing anyone can do about it except see it play out because it has been foretold' .

So in essence TPTB will be allowed to do whatever they want because 'muh endtimes'.

And just like that evil will flourish while good men sit around and do nothing.

What if I told them God wants them to kick ass and chew bubblegum for his glory in this life and not waste the gift of life they have been given?

What kind of lambs are willingly lead to slaughter?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

This idea of people panicking like a hen house being visited by a fox has been amplified since War of the Worlds.

They even hired the Brookings Institute in the 1950's to explain how "that is the way it is" to the media and congress. They've been pretending that was 'the final word' ever since.

Thought Phage made a good post here about the Brookings Report.

Also an interesting statement below from Victor Marchetti (once executive assistant to the Deputy Director of the CIA).

• 'The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit there are beings from outer space attempting to contact us, beings with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the Earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public.

The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we know it, could collapse into anarchy. Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the "ruling class" of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve "national security." The real reason for such secrecy is, of course, to keep the public uninformed, misinformed, and, therefore, malleable.'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-2-2023 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: nemonimity

It's not average believers who are to blame for TPTB'S actions but because their actions loosely follow the script of the end of times believers will interpret those actions to justify their beliefs and therefore adopt an attitude of 'there is nothing anyone can do about it except see it play out because it has been foretold' .

So in essence TPTB will be allowed to do whatever they want because 'muh endtimes'.

And just like that evil will flourish while good men sit around and do nothing.

What if I told them God wants them to kick ass and chew bubblegum for his glory in this life and not waste the gift of life they have been given?

What kind of lambs are willingly lead to slaughter?

Not sure about other believers, but I don't look for things to "justify" my beliefs. Eternal life is greater than temporal, that's just common-sense IMO.

Most of what you said applies to those that follow "leaders". Religious folk.

What about Muslims? They don't have the "turn the other cheek" philosophy.

You may get what you want, but it won't be from the Christians, very few have even studied enough to know anything about the "end times" and they'll be caught by surprise just like everyone else IMO.

edit on 2/14/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join