It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘The Only Solution:’ Yale Prof Suggests Mass Suicide for Elderly in Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
we've been here for a while in the uk the pro Europeans created a death clock to celebrate the death of every vulnerable elderly person.. they've convinced themselves only when all the elderly die will all THEIR Dreams come true..

this hatreds of the elderly is an adoption and expansion of the American "blame the boomer" for all the worlds woes, in the weeks pre covid the same people where demanding the elderly be denied healthcare and flu shots.. these same people pivoted to protect granny in the next breath, but their hatred of the elderly is why so many died alone in misery during covid.. we still see it with the claims that if all the adults over 50 where killed in Britain it'd free up £10 trillion in wealth for millennials to live the life of dreams.

the only hurdle is convincing themselves that their dreams are worth killing everyone over 50 for.. we've gone from 1984 to brave new world to Logans run

edit on 14-2-2023 by nickyw because: crappy spelling typos and what not

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

...and the irony is lost on many of this professors sort.

I truly fear for the future...unfortunately, I may live long enough to see it.

May we live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Someone should hand that clown a short sword and tell him to commit seppuku himself.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

May we live in interesting times.

I'm pretty sure we do.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: posted by: Turquosie
No need for any laws; there's plenty of Fentanyl in ever US city for those who want a one-way off this rock.

Thank you. I was about to echo the same sentiments.

I also recently learned that even most life insurance policies will still pay out for suicide after a 2 or so year waiting period.

Anyone who wants these kinds of things to be 'made legal' is just a wussie unwilling to take responsibility for their own death - almost certainly like they were unwilling to take responsibility for their own life (which would be why they are experiencing ill health to the point they want someone else's blessing and help to end it).

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
... if all the adults over 50 where killed in Britain it'd free up £10 trillion in wealth for millennials to live the life of dreams.

That's a very scary thought. It wouldn't take much for people to start taking that seriously and to another level.

The downside is if there was mass suicide of people over 50, the young will get sick and die from disease brought on by all the dead bodies around them. Someone would have to clean up that mess and we know that's work the entitled generation is unlikely to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But I thought we were supposed to do as we are told to 'protect Grandma'?
I guess that is just typical doublespeak, seeing as everything out of Authority's mouth is the exact opposite of what they mean/want.

Just look at all the nursing home deaths and ventilator deaths. 'protect grandma' indeed. no one can visit her. We need privacy....

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It looks more to me like ageism and comments like calling the elderly 'useless eaters' just feeds into it.

The elderly are consumers and tax payers right until death and they generate many jobs and that's not even mentioning how they contribute to their friends, families and as volunteers for non-profit agencies.

I've seen ageism and experienced it and so these types of comments, like the one from that professor, don't surprise me in the least.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It is apparent that mass suicide of Ivy League professors is the only solution. If they are unable to suicide, assistance will be provided from Canada.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
And although it is technically murder, it’s the one crime where the purp never makes it to trial.

a reply to: nugget1

Make that two and I'll agree with you.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: MykeNukem

The last part about this gaining traction is downright chilling.

You can tell a lot about a society by how they treat what should be their revered elders.

More then a lot Myke. It’s a hallmark of civilised society.

Agreed.

Japan used to be all about their elders and revering them, to the extent that they were the example.

Sad days.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

This idea was proposed by a Yale professor, not anyone in Japan.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All the WEFers (mfers) suggesting that people above a certain age kill themselves should lead by example. Some of these clowns like Soros are 700 years old.

Gtfo with that nonsense.

Ok yeah, eat bugs while I eat steak. Don't drive a car while I fly a jet, then kill yourself when your 70 while I use life extending tech to live to 200.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

exactly
you think the planet is overpopulated and suggest we make changes that involve people being killed to resolve it then they can start with themselves.

all these #s hoarding all their wealth while we all suffer
making us dance to their tune

when do we say NO and get them all rounded up and fired into the sun

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i wonder how much of what i have seen recently about Japan is the reason he feels this way? i saw something the other day talking about how the Japanese really haven't had raises in years, even though costs have been going up. and on top of that that they have a big problem with the elderly stealing, both due to things like Dementia, as well as because they don't have money, since the pensions have also not kept up with price increases.

so what would killing them off like the Inuit apparently used to do, do for everyone else? well first off it would remove the expense of caring and feeding them, by their children, and grandchildren (those that have family, another issue i understand in Japan, being low birth rates.it would also release a lot of much needed housing for the younger generations. space being a major issue, especially in cities where many "apartments" are tiny, even smaller than these "tiny homes" in many cases. not to mention all the money saved by not having to pay pensions and other social help, as well as of course huge savings for their socialized medical care (just like assisted suicide in Canada is all about).

it would also effectively deal with another apparent issue in japan, which is caused by high prices compared to wages. and that is people hiding the deaths of their elderly relatives, so they can keep getting their pensions and such. i remember reading about that years ago. where some news channel decided to interview one of the oldest people alive, and kept being turned away by the family. in the end it turns out, that old person had been dead for years after an investigation. and they found that there were many cases of the same ting happening, so that families could keep that needed money the deceased were getting.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   
He is almost 40, so I wonder how he will think in 20 years. Also, I'm 62 and I look in better shape and health then he does.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: MykeNukem

This idea was proposed by a Yale professor, not anyone in Japan.

looking at the name, it would seem to be a Yale professor of Japanese ancestry. which is a lot different than say a US professor of Italian ancestry saying the same thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly. People never stop and think that they are just one group away from being undesirable themselves. In fact, each of us is already on someone else's sh1t list for some reason. No one is safe; no one is a perfect saint.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
It is apparent that mass suicide of Ivy League professors is the only solution. If they are unable to suicide, assistance will be provided from Canada.

i'm thinking hydrogen blimps,
and let joe do the rest.

and then the younger generation can rebuild from their phones.

i don't get big bucks for my stupidity why do they?

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I guess it turns out that while the progressives were fear mongering about how the Republicans were going to make grandma eat cat food, they have been plotting to off her the whole time. Heck, Obama even alluded to it when he said sometimes she should just get the pain pill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join