It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two or MORE potential spy balloons are being monitored by US military - with one airborne over Canad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Zaphod58

If this object is carried by overnight winds, I think we can safely rule out intergalactic alien spacecraft.

Why waste a propelled probe when a simple "floater" can tell you what you want to know about the planet's atmospheric composition and wind patterns?

They may be technologically advanced, but there is something to be said for the elegance of simplicity.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: flice

Unless they were fixated on the balloon and didn’t see anything below it.

Which is very careless of the pilot(s), and speaks to a gap in their training.

Bad form to be so fixated on one target that you fail to recognize a potential hazard directly associated with it.

ETA:

In light for your prior response on this point, I am going to withdraw my statement, and concede that humans err, frequently and despite all training and conditioning.

Now, for a "blue sky" out my fuzzy a$$ theory:

The two "not balloon" objects have been described as "silver-grey" in color, cylindrical (or "octagonal "?) in shape/structure, and maintaining an altitude of 40,000ft, which "shattered" when hit.

If one were to develop the production capability to coat a substrate with an extremely thin, lightweight, impermeable and durable film of metal, perhaps no thicker than a few atoms....

Think a kind of rigid mylar, but lighter and consisting of nothing but the metallic film.

I wonder....
edit on 12-2-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

We're sending up weather balloons and then making a big deal over shooting them down. False flag to take our attention away from Pfizer's latest debacle and Biden's corruption with the laptop, the dumb#ery of the feds in Ohio.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've come out of retirement to say this is genuinely weird stuff. Either it's an admittance of a failed airspace security breach worldwide, or a previously unreleased 'revelation' of something the intel services have been keeping quiet (i.e China are doing this, so are we), a distraction against some major news (US implicated in the Nordstream explosion) or there's some flummery occuring that defies all known human logic.

Take your pick. It's genuinely intriguing stuff.

My bet: Distraction.
edit on 14-2-2023 by mr-lizard because: edited a sentence

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join