It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two or MORE potential spy balloons are being monitored by US military - with one airborne over Canad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   

NORAD has confirmed that the United States military is monitoring yet another potential spy balloon currently flying over Canada.

This comes shortly after an unidentified object was shot down over Alaska after it was able to penetrate US airspace before detection, officials have revealed.

'We have positively identified a high-altitude airborne object over Northern Canada,' NORAD officials said in a statement.

'While we cannot discuss specifics related to these activities at this time, please note that NORAD conducts sustained, dispersed operations in the defence of North America through one or all three NORAD regions,' Major Olivier Gallant, a NORAD spokesperson, said in a statement. Earlier Saturday, Canada's Global News has reported that security sources were monitoring 'one or two more objects' that they thought could be spy balloons.

A source told Fox News the earlier unidentified object was discovered 'over Alaska not far from the northern coast'. The object was first spotted north of Anchorage, Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson tweeted.

It comes after sources told CNN the military had developed a method to track spy balloons last year - despite the object, which is said to be the size of a small car, not being picked up on radar until after it was over Alaska.

National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby revealed on Friday it had been shot down within an hour of an order issued by President Joe Biden. The Pentagon has since sent military helicopters to recover it from frozen waters.

Two or MORE potential spy balloons are being monitored by US military - with one airborne over Canada: Unidentified object shot down over Alaska penetrated US airspace BEFORE it was detected

Here is the location of the "2 objects."

This appears to be different than the round balloons.

twitter.com...
These two objects look more like Tic-Tac's than balloons. Is this the alien invasion that Von Braun warned us about?

Canada was asked why it didn’t intercept the first balloon when it passed through Canadian airspace, Anand told reporters that the government had monitored the craft and “determined that it posed no imminent risk to Canadians at all.”

“We were watching it very carefully to ensure we were doing what is necessary to protect Canadians, and we’re doing that in the context of the NORAD relationship, of course,” Anand said at a press conference with her U.S. counterpart, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, in Washington on Friday.
q107.com...
Not a comforting comment from Canada.
Here is the path of the path of the recovery helicopters that were looking for downed the 2nd "object."

And this photo.

edit on v332023Saturdaypm28America/ChicagoSat, 11 Feb 2023 16:33:14 -06001 by Violater1 because: [iwtr6

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
One splashed by NORAD on orders from Canada PM Trudeau ❗❗👀

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
One splashed by NORAD on orders from Canada PM Trudeau ❗❗👀

WOW, thank you, I found it.
US warplane shot down 'unidentified object' over northern Canada: Trudeau
timesofindia.indiatimes.com
edit on Sat Feb 11 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the government wants you all to look into the skies instead of looking at the price of food and fuel.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

These aren't the same size as the balloon and they specifically dismissed the idea that it is one. At this time it is entirely unknown, but not shaped in a way any balloon would be. Balloons are not silvery-gray cylinders

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

These aren't the same size as the balloon and they specifically dismissed the idea that it is one. At this time it is entirely unknown, but not shaped in a way any balloon would be. Balloons are not silvery-gray cylinders

Well it is the Daily Mail.
And I agree, these do not look anything like a balloon.

The last time I checked, USN pilot Cmdr Fraver said that some of te new Super Hornets are able to slave, lock and track in infrared. And since an F-22 splashed one and it "shattered," we must now have the capabilities to take them down. If indeed they are a UAP, at least, we can temporary defend ourselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Mapping out the command chain for aerial threats?

In times of spy satelites balloons are laughable...
edit on 11-2-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Amazing find on the pictures!! 👍🏻👍🏻

I have been confused trying to keep them all straight

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Is this the alien invasion that Von Braun warned us about?

If it is, then they're 0 for 1.

I'd have expected something that wouldn't get its ass blasted out of the sky with such ease.
edit on 11-2-2023 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

this is all really strange. if i were a conspiracy theorist, my heart would beat faster. i don't believe that aliens are at play here but the frequency of the sightings and the shootings are extraordinary. espionage has always been practiced and observed but somehow i still don't get the whole thing. has anything been found on the net that would be a logical explanation...?

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sounds like the Chinese were doing this for a while before the US finally took action, I wonder if those balloons have the capability to tap into radio spectrum communications.

This method can deliver things as well, payloads of biological pathogen's, small emp devices that could DRIFT over the pacific and be detonated by remote control or from a satellite when they are over there intended target locations.

I wonder how many balloons are in this swarm and if the next phase will be stealth versions of them to try to avoid radar detection.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I just saw this, then checked ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
shoot them down over the oceans, PERIOD

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Is this the alien invasion that Von Braun warned us about?

If it is, then they're 0 for 1.

I'd have expected something that wouldn't get its ass blasted out of the sky with such ease.

Really?
What makes you think that?
It is believed that the Roswell crash and the Farmington crash, were related to the new type of RADAR.
www.daily-times.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe we'll get lucky and get to watch them shoot down a real spacecraft not of this world on live TV!

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
FWIW

Theses pics are not from Canada incidence there are no Wawa Service stations in the Yukon

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Does it fill anyone else with confidence that the governments and military are being mum about this?

The people never ever have a right to know, do we. They treat us like children and it makes me want to stamp my feet and throw a wobbler.....

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Does it fill anyone else with confidence that the governments and military are being mum about this?

The people never ever have a right to know, do we. They treat us like children and it makes me want to stamp my feet and throw a wobbler.....

It is highly unlikely we will hear the truth soon if ever

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I expect no less from the children of disobedience.

It's a shame that we have to wait for the revelation. But wait we do, eh. It just irks me greatly that the people who get to know about these things constitute the absolute worst elements of humanity, in all areas. But the ruler of this world is fallen.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm thinking we are being fleeced both JB and JT are trying to act like the airspace is secure, when it's been penetrated 3 times in the last week.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Readout of President Biden’s Call with Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada
HOME
BRIEFING ROOM
STATEMENTS AND RELEASES
Earlier today, President Biden spoke with Prime Minister Trudeau on the unidentified, unmanned object in North American air space. The object was closely tracked and monitored by North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) over the last 24 hours and the President has been continually briefed by his national security team since the object was detected. Out of an abundance of caution and at the recommendation of their militaries, President Biden and Prime Minister Trudeau authorized it to be taken down. President Biden authorized US fighter aircraft assigned to NORAD to conduct the operation and a US F-22 shot down the object in Canadian territory in close coordination with Canadian authorities. The leaders discussed the importance of recovering the object in order to determine more details on its purpose or origin. President Biden and Prime Minister Trudeau commended NORAD’s and U.S. Northern Command’s strong and effective partnership and agreed to continue their close coordination to detect, track, and defend our airspace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join