It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal for experiment to obtain footage of firmament dome (South) or Mount Meru (North).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi folks,

I'm now an unabashed flat-earther, and I've seen enough evidence in photographs & videos to prove to me unequivocally that we live on a flat plane world, bounded by a liquid firmament, potentially a dome holding in the atmosphere & preventing egress from the local area of the plane on which we stand, though it might actually spread far beyond our realm towards other worlds with other peoples living there.

I've especially enjoyed certain videos where balloons or rockets are launched which ultimately seem to bump or scrape along the firmament dome after they reach a particular height. These are not conclusive, however, because the impact is alway implied, rather than viewed through the camera, which tends to be pointing in a direction perpendicular to the domed ceiling which we could call the firmament, as described in ancient lore which has survived down to our times.

It is impossible these days to approach the edge of the dome, which is located upon the ice shelf of Antarctica, circling all around us, because the passage to that land is extremely well guarded, for no reason other than to prevent citizens from coming into common knowledge of the type of world we live in. For whatever reason, there is a conspiracy which intends to prove to us that we live on a planet, circling the Sun, being ourselves encircled by the Moon. A great amount of blood & treasure has gone into ensuring that this is the dominant viewpoint, with the actual history of common acceptance of the reality of the firmament being 'memory-holed' very conclusively, decades ago. For example the Encyclopedia Brittanica of 1958 stated in the entry about Antarctica that it was bounded by a dome which at the 80th parallel was found to have a height of 13,000 feet. I may be slightly off on which parallel was being referenced, that quote is from memory. But it was right there, for all to see, only to be excluded from the next version of the encyclopedia which was published, with a massive push in classrooms thereafter around the world to introduce a solely globe model of our world in the years following, which was wildly successful.

The scientists who achieve compartmentalised knowledge of the actual state of our world are 'read in', and must sign NDAs, to research on the terms of the authorities & not to reveal what they know. Far fewer people than might be expected actually achieve this direct knowledge, and so the cover-up can be maintained fairly successfully, even in the age of modern optics & accessibility of civilian science projects, which even now are revealing more & more the reality of the world we live in, with millions of people waking up to the actual truth of our world, evidenced on underground social media apps such as Telegram. Of course, a lot of silly disinformation is sown to muddy the waters in such citizen research environments, with 'mud floods' and 'giant trees/ fossilised giants' critically damaging the impression which these modern citizen scientists are able to create in our modern & interconnected world.

I would like to propose an experiment which would be quite simple for someone with the requisite technical skills & a few hundred dollars to invest, which could potentially show us a great deal of evidence of the firmament, or the Northern polar centre known in Hindu lore as Mount Meru.

One would require a helium balloon, and a regulator valve controlled by a servo motor, which would let helium out of the balloon very gradually after achieving a certain altitude (an altimeter would be needed also) to ensure the balloon wouldn't rise too high or pop due to lowered pressure of the atmosphere. This would regulate the ascent of the balloon and ensure it could maintain a stable altitude. On achieving that stable altitude, a propellor would be engaged, which could steer the balloon gradually Southwards/ Northwards (depending on whether you want to see the edge of the dome in Antarctica, or 'Mount Meru' at the Northern polar extremity). This would take a long time, so additional battery packs would be needed to ensure everything functions properly throughout the duration of the flight. A simple GPS tracker should hopefully enable intelligent steering to a pre-programmed course (though I'm unsure whether GPS would still work at such high altitude - surely if satellites are the technology behind our GPS then it should still work......??) On thereby piloting the balloon at stable altitude along the selected course to the target location, the data from the camera footage could be returned to Earth after effectively steering back along a target vector to a pick up location, whereupon the regulator valve would gradually reduce the quantity of helium in the balloon, dropping in altitude & steering the package of equipment for collection at a convenient location.

Certainly this would make for an awesome challenge in terms of citizen science, and I don't see any reason why it could not be done, even as an entirely automated setup in terms of navigation & helium control - a target location, and a return pickup location, with the only factor possibly preventing the success of the mission being the hardiness of the balloon under the atmospheric conditions in the areas to which it is being sent.

So there you have it. This particular experiment has not yet been done, but I am sure someone will at some point put together something quite similar. We could prove the nature of the Northern polar centre of our world, or the nature of the firmament dome in Antarctica, and the whole thing could be a plug & play automated process from start to finish, assuming the requisite funds for the necessary technology. I might even plan this myself at some point, depending on the availability of funds, and after roping in some suitably technologically savvy whiz-kid to help me assemble the equpment.

Thanks ATS - happy flying.

FITO.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I will add that I would install a sort of weather vane of cross-beam wires suspended underneath the equipment package, which extends out beyond the diameter of the balloon above, so that the firmament could be struck by these beams on contacting it, thereby getting the agitation of the firmament on camera, hopefully recording the rippling quality which such agitation would cause in those 'waters above'...

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't want to drift the topic from your idea too far, but I have a nagging question I've asked a few other flat earthers but I always get mixed answers and genuinely I'm interested to hear your personal take.

What would NASA, other space agencies, SpaceX, governments & militaries, etc stand to gain by orchestrating a massive "lie" about the shape of the earth? What would their purpose be, telling everyone "nonsense" about curved flight paths, orbits, etc? Why would they hide the SHAPE of the earth?

In other words, imagine you are the head of the experiment. You're designing it, planning it, and setting it in motion.
What would your proposed scope, purpose, outline, and desired outcome be for organizing such an elaborate scheme? As you know, I'm not a flat earther, but I've had a drink or two with a few and I've always found you folks to be quite the interesting bunch.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have a question because im truly curious.

If the earth is just a flat plane, why are multiple satellites needed to beam information to one another?

Pretty expensive grift if it was flat, then technically wouldn't 1 stationary satellite, directly above the center of the "great plane" be able to reach every spot on it?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

I don't think any of this came from the place of someone designing a scheme to deceive people outright, I think of it more as a sprawling mass of reactionary actions, when it was realised that the world was not what we had believed it to be, in the age of exploration, when Admiral Byrd was heading off the the North Pole & Antarctica, they were discovering what were potentially world-shattering truths about the nature of our environment which indicated without a shadow of a doubt that we live in a constructed terrarium of sorts, albeit on a vast, cosmic scale.

The fact is that some intelligence designed this world, there is no way it spontaneously came into being as a plane circumscribed by a dome, which provided no means of escape out beyond the dome of the firmament. I think that perhaps there were vicious arguments about whether it was ethical to reveal such a mind-jarring reality to the people en masse, who had understandably believed they lived on a globe due to the nature of sundials & the way they seemed to indicate that we lived on a globe.

When the actual truth was being learned, I reckon there came a moment when it was decided at the highest possible levels that they would hide this fact that an intelligence had designed our world, possibly because they were unsure about the nature of that intelligence - was it benevolent, or was it keeping us captive for sinister reasons?

Also, at those highest levels, we have the influence of dark occultists, who perhaps knew a lot more about the nature of our world than the cut & dry scientists who were coming to terms with this bizarre & troubling practical information discovered by the advance of modern technologies. Those occultists, many of them involved in things such as satanic ritual abuse as part of their magical practice, certainly wanted to hide the fact that an intelligence had designed & created our world, because they knew the truth of whom that intelligence was, and the reasons why our world is the way it is.

For very sinister reasons therefore, some of the highest authorities in the world's affairs had very concrete reasons for hiding the fact that our world has a Creator, whereas the scientists were probably more concerned about the jarring psychological toll that such monumental information would have on regular citizens of the world.

So it's a two tier explanation - some were compassionate & didn't want to scare people - others were sinister, deliberately obfuscating the reality of our Creator, because they were in league with the Devil, literally. Who is, incidentally, trapped here, and cannot go out into the heavens or any other realms as he once did, as the scriptures record the matter, he is confined here because of his fall from grace. And that is a big piece of the puzzle, whether you want ot believe it or not.

The whole thing sprawled from there, and of course in the process some people positioned themselves to get rich from the situation, as the greedy ones among us always do. They kept our world deliberately antiquated, despite having access to wondrous technologies (Tesla, water powered cars, unlimited energy devices) that could have eased the lives of billions of people. Such people are evil, enriching themselves & fulfilling their own desires selfishly, as such pepole always do. Someone stood to profit, and profit they have - they have made the picture even more complicated than it already was, so perhaps we could therefore say this is a three tier situation - fear, deception, and greed.

FITO.

edit on FebruaryWednesday2302CST09America/Chicago-060053 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What makes you think gps works how it says on the box and isn’t part of the cover up?

a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

My answer is that I suspect the satellite grid isn't quite what it is claimed to be. As noted, the reactionary response to troubling information led to multitudinous interconnected after effects which although not intended to be deceiving in a sinister way, unavoidably ended up being deceptive simply because it became too big a conspiracy to walk it back & start over from a position of honesty.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

That's why I included the "................??" in my speculation on that point. I highly suspect that GPS is one of the interconnected multitudinous after effects which ended up being deceptive through no deliberate intent to outright deceive people, overall the whole thing just became to big a conspiracy to walk it back & start from scratch. Same goes for the ongoing ever-extending promises of manned missions to the Moon & Mars "..in a few more years", even though such promises are made in the full knowledge that those manned missions will never proceed in the manner proposed, because the world is not as it is claimed to be by the likes of the public-facing NASA organisation & its many contractors.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So what are we observing when we see other round planets in the solar system? It's all a hologram?

Your same hypothesis is used to explain every government cover-up of nearly every big conspiracy theory there is.

Bigfoot was covered up early on because of religious implications

UFOs were covered up for national security concerns

JFK Assassination. etc etc

edit on 8-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So what you're saying is we all live in something akin to this?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I have a question because im truly curious.

If the earth is just a flat plane, why are multiple satellites needed to beam information to one another?

Pretty expensive grift if it was flat, then technically wouldn't 1 stationary satellite, directly above the center of the "great plane" be able to reach every spot on it?

Good one! To add to this, what about OTH radar?

Traditional ground-based radars have a range limited to the line of sight.

When the earth's horizon curves away over hundreds to thousands of kilometers, it is no longer in the radar's line of sight. Over-The-Horizon (OTH) radar circumvents this limitation by sending a powerful radio signal up into the ionosphere which is reflected (or 'bounced') back down to the target (below the horizon). A portion of those signals are reflected back to the target the same way they went out. All of this engineering was necessary to extend the range of the radar beyond the curvature of the horizon.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't buy into flat Earth, but far-be-it-from-me to dissuade someone from attempting experimentation to discern information rather take for granted what is told.

I would add that you may want to include sonar to map what you would predict to be a transparent surface. A stark difference in medium would be more easily detected that way.

Some sonic transducers/receivers are cheap, light, can could indicate 'something'.
edit on 8-2-2023 by AntiDoppleganger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Howdy,

This reminded me of your other thread, you were going to prep a boat with cold weather gear food water etc and go to the north pole? Was that right? Wondering if you are still working on that?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here's a youtube video of some random person sending a camera into space on a balloon.

and another.

My question now is if photographs & videos were all you needed to convince yourself that earth is flat, then why doesn't these videos convince you that it's round?
You even say that the videos never actually show the rocket or balloon hitting the dome. But here we clearly see the balloons and cameras above the planet showing a curve. They never hit anything.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

What makes people think that flat earth videos are real and not part of some grift?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Information about flat earth is not quite what it claims to be.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Here's a youtube video of some random person sending a camera into space on a balloon.

and another.

My question now is if photographs & videos were all you needed to convince yourself that earth is flat, then why doesn't these videos convince you that it's round?

a really good question. i'm curious about the answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They always say the wide angle lens distorts the image and makes the earth look rounded, so it's unacceptable as proof.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AntiDoppleganger

Good post and awesome avatar!

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

How do you explain this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join