It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US at DefCon 2?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

You are right the vast majority are regular people who want similar things to us...

But right now they are not happy with dictator for life Ji, lots of protests/riots, power issues, water issues, food issues, population issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Ahabstar

I remember when it went to DEFCON 1 in 1983 due to the malfunctioning WOPR system. That was a close call!

Did the system have a, "Made In China" label, like 99% of the items sitting in almost every home, business, and building in America?

Malfunctioning is the exactly the state of damn near everything in America today.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ask Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Keep in mind who may be in control of the DEFCON System 😲

It's not even a question of "who"
Strategic Command .
Period.
No one else.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

You are right the vast majority are regular people who want similar things to us...

But right now they are not happy with dictator for life Ji, lots of protests/riots, power issues, water issues, food issues, population issues.

You're absolutely right. I was just making a play on words. Their dictator is named "XI," which in Roman numerals equals "11."

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I remember when it went to DEFCON 1 in 1983 due to the malfunctioning WOPR system. That was a close call!

And "I was there"
To paraphrase Cronkite.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Judging by all the information at hand. I can confidently say we’re somewhere between 1 and 5.

Truly times we’re in.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

How about a good game of chess?

"which side do you want?"

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shinzaun

originally posted by: putnam6

How about a good game of chess?

"which side do you want?"

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Anything claiming a DEFCON level is a WAG based on someone throwing darts at a board. The actual DEFCON level is classified, and won’t be on a YouTube channel or website.

Which is why on the site it says "DEFCON estimate."

C'mon ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

edit on 2/6/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They keep provoking Russia unfortunately its very likely we would be at DefCon 2.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
defconlevel web site still shows level 3.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm more of a Tic-Tac-Toe fan.

a reply to: Zaphod58

Was that related to the Titan missle explosion in AR?

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

No, they had run an exercise over the previous weekend, and someone accidentally loaded the training tape, so all of a sudden there was a mass launch from the Soviet Union. As they were launching someone got on the hotline, and things got sorted.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yall. Come on.
Thoroughly investigate your sites before posting.

Nothing on that site is accurate. It is a GUESS.

Question: Is the current Defcon level made public?
Answer: No, the current level is not made public right away for security reasons. The alert status for each military branch may also differ at any given time. The status levels on the 'current' page and regional command pages are determined by community intelligence alerts and known threats but is not recorded on the official Change History page until a status change is revealed to the public by the U.S. government. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System: www.defconlevel.com...

This is not the official government alert status, but a community effort to reflect what the defcon level's alert status is, as accurately as possible at any given time through intel sharing and mutual monitoring of U.S. and global events. The official government alert status is not made available to the public right away. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System: www.defconlevel.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
Yall. Come on.
Thoroughly investigate your sites before posting.

Nothing on that site is accurate. It is a GUESS.

Question: Is the current Defcon level made public?
Answer: No, the current level is not made public right away for security reasons. The alert status for each military branch may also differ at any given time. The status levels on the 'current' page and regional command pages are determined by community intelligence alerts and known threats but is not recorded on the official Change History page until a status change is revealed to the public by the U.S. government. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System: www.defconlevel.com...

This is not the official government alert status, but a community effort to reflect what the defcon level's alert status is, as accurately as possible at any given time through intel sharing and mutual monitoring of U.S. and global events. The official government alert status is not made available to the public right away. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System: www.defconlevel.com...

- Mr. Johnny Come Lately

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2023 by JsnJln because: Nvm

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sorry for missing it, wife was out of town I am old and broken and have a hyper active 4 yr old.

I miss peace and quiet... love my son but man do I miss only hearing my milspec tinitus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join