It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ISIS child-bride' Shamima Begum gets her own BBC Podcast series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The BBC campaign to promote Shamima Begum as a victim continues as the former terrorist bride has been given her own podcast series by the out of touch Corporation.

Now Stateless after her British citizenship was removed Begum who left Britain to become a part of the ISIS Caliphate and showed no remorse for the tactics it used following its collapse is desperate to come back to the land of milk and honey she turned her back on.

Former Metropolitan Police Officer Peter Bleksley gives his opinion to GBNews.

After years of political interference the BBC has become just what the government wanted it to be , a joke.
edit on 14-1-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't think any amount of spin will ever change the overwhelming public opinion of her.

Yes, we all make mistakes in our youth - some of us more than others as I can attest to - but voluntarily becoming a baby machine for one of the most intolerant, repressive and brutal movements in modern times is something a bit more than 'a mistake'.

She made her bed, she can lie in it.

As for the BBC; is there general public interest in her story?
If there is then an argument can be made that they should report on it....but in a strictly neutral capacity and they shouldn't be used as a vehicle for her efforts to have her British Citizenship re-instated.
There does seem to be some sort of co-ordinated PR campaign to try and influence public opinion about her.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
IMO this actually shows the BBC in very a bad light-everyone detests the Begum thing and the BBC know this,but they wish to be seen pandering to the very worst in society to prove how woke they are..

We get it BBC-you are completly lost in wokeness.

I am guessing they paid here a nice sum for the podcast?
Or would that count as funding terrorists?

There is public interest here-sort of.
The public should be very interested that the BBC wish to give airtime to this abomination and the ideology of hate that influenced her enough to join the savages.

We are paying for them to make this s#!

I bet the BBC would make a reality show about her and how awful everyone treats her if she was ever allowed back to the UK,which I hope she isn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do you mean the non-legal adult who was brainwashed and targeted online from the age of 15 by random Islamic extremist persons who are still unidentified, and then a Canadian intelligence asset helped smuggle her into Syria?

This girl was used. Yes, she's stupid. But should be forgiven. In fact, having a reformed ex ISIS bride going around the UK muslim communities telling girls how she was mistreated would be a great anti-extremist asset for the UK to have. UK doesn't want her back coz it'll open a bag of worms.

Remember the Taliban was founded and funded by the CIA to fight Russian commies. I think a lot of these online extremists are actually Western Intelligence. I'm pretty sure ISIS was created by the Americans to topple Iran and Syria. But the Russians stepped and helped stop that from happening.

Not saying ISIS doesn't exist they do, and they're evil. But they are a direct product of the West. I think you should open your eyes to the wider picture Gortex. Have a little compassion. This girl was a pawn.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You will never hear the BBC report on how the British Gov, helped train, fund and support Isis in an attempt to topple the Syrian Gov.
Or how they covered up for pedophiles over the years like Jimmy Saville and failed to report on the grooming and rape gangs mostly in the north of England because it didn’t suit their politically correct agenda.

Yet they try telling us we have unconscious bias, and that we are the problem, everything is the ordinary persons fault. Whether it’s climate change or covid, it’s us that did it! We should be fined and prosecuted for trying to go about our lives!

Meanwhile they give this girl her own podcast because she’s just a “victim” in it all.
Talk about upside down clown world.
On top of that the goons and freaks that run the BBC pay themselves huge salaries. They used to say the cream rises to the top, but these days it’s just the scum.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AuditTheAudit

Not saying ISIS doesn't exist they do, and they're evil. But they are a direct product of the West. I think you should open your eyes to the wider picture Gortex. Have a little compassion. This girl was a pawn.

My eyes are open which is why I can see what he BBC is trying to do here , interview before Begum had her citizenship was removed.

My compassion is with the victims of the death cult she joined , not the person who turned her back on our country to join them.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AuditTheAudit
This girl was used. Yes, she's stupid. But should be forgiven. In fact, having a reformed ex ISIS bride going around the UK muslim communities telling girls how she was mistreated would be a great anti-extremist asset for the UK to have. UK doesn't want her back coz it'll open a bag of worms.

You are more forgiving than most.
Generally that is a good thing-but certain in certain cases I think forgiveness is not earnable.
Should we be tolerent towards someone who knowingly joined an organisation who has no concept of tolerance to anyone outside their group?
In fact they wish to torture and murder anyone from outside their group.
Sorry but I cannot tolerate that.

You said she is reformed-How on earth do you know that-you believe what she says?
Where is her track record of being honest?

The way she has swapped from islamic dress back to "western style" screams sleeper agent to me..and I can still see hatred and deception in her eyes when she speaks.

She is attempting to blag her way into a percieved easier life in the UK at best,maybe with harmful intent at worst.
Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In the woke world we have too many people on the planet,

Also in the woke world, we need to save everybody, including those that do vile things.

Weren't there one or 2 Brits that had thier heads lopped off by ISIS, wonder how their family feels

Pretty sure UK's prisons are full of lasses that followed the wrong laddy

Are they going to get a BBC-sponsored blog about their plight?

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

state media, of course they support this.

she will get a payment soon too.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't say I care about her but I do care about the fact she was smuggled out of the UK as a child.

I also find it highly interesting that our government stripped her of citizenship because she's a dual national. We effectively handed her a death sentence by making her a Bangladeshi.

If public opinion is enough to strip us of our rights then I'd say we're in a very dangerous place. I'm not blind to the fact that if she did come back to the UK we'd be paying a heavy price in keeping her safe.

I also consider the fact she isn't the only Brit or ex Brit in a Syrian camp. I'm yet to see any nation or international order be proactive about these people and I reckon there's a potential human rights # storm brewing up. Or maybe not? If orchestrated public opinion is enough to turn rights into privileges...

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Please get the facts. She was not smuggled out or kidnaped she left voluntarily on her own account with 2 friends, Amira Abase and Kadiza Sultana, via Turkey. And also ,no matter what she says about just going to have babies, there is evidence that she had physical involvement in terrorist activity. Her hands ARE NOT lily white clean.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We effectively handed her a death sentence by making her a Bangladeshi.

We didn't make her anything , she already had Bangladeshi citizenship.

If public opinion is enough to strip us of our rights then I'd say we're in a very dangerous place.

It was joining up with Isis not public opinion that lost her British citizenship , allowing her back would send a signal to others that all will be forgiven regardless.

Actions have consequences.
edit on 14-1-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Who said anything about her hands? Lol

Terminology is important, what was her age when she voluntarily left the UK? Go ask the border agents and the court's how she left and they'll give the same answer I did because ramifications.

All of the idiots who went to Syria have links to terrorist activity... Even the ones who fought with the Kurds. Again I don't care about any of them and I certainly don't ascribe to public opinion, I am open to change my mind though.

In my mind rights are rights, especially citizenship. British criminals should be in British jails and it's that simple. Governments have no right to make people stateless and ours has no right in supporting the death penalty.

Enemy combatants have rights too especially when they've surrendered despite public opinion.

I said in the beginning that governments should be proactive in regards to ISIS members but their was no desire to address even the basics on a national and international scale.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We didn't make her anything , she already had Bangladeshi citizenship.

Which is a nation that practices the death sentence which is what she'd get if she was deported there. It's a nice tricky situation for our courts because she effectively doesn't need deporting.

It was joining up with Isis not public opinion that lost her British citizenship , allowing her back would send a signal to others that all will be forgiven regardless.

Yeah and a person cannot be made stateless.

I'm not going to assume that every other Brit in a Syrian camp can be sent off to a different country. I'm not sure what the ramifications of them seeking asylum elsewhere would be... They're criminals and terrorists.

As you say actions have consequences. Some might see her treatment as a win but I reckon it's a can of worms being put into the microwave. There's no laws to strip citizenship due to terrorism, non I'm aware of. What's the international doctrine on enemy combatants and terrorists?

Some might think I'm standing up for an idiot when I'm just wanting you all to figure out that there'll be no Nuremberg trials part 2 and they're not changing any laws.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It is unclear if the BBC is paying Begum for the podcast.

What puzzles me is how this came to be 'approved' in the first place.

To recap: Ms Begum remains sympathetic to the objectives of ISIS, and her British Citizenship was withdrawn by the Government for putting British lives at risk.
The BBC is funded by British residents.

The BBC presumably don't provide a script to Begum, and therefore cannot be certain the content doesn't contain code of interest to potential terrorists in Britain.

If a terrorist incident did occur, linked to ISIS, the Director General would be guilty of aiding treason.

Begum will never be allowed back. If she is she will probably value her own safety more.

This BBC stunt backfires into a reason to justify not paying the licence fee, as it would be wrong for British citizens to potentially enable terrorism against British citizens.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There are reports that intelligence gathered by friendly intelligence services says that her participation went beyond just being a housewife and mother and that she was a member of Isil's morality police in Syria , she carried a rifle and also tried to recruit other girls to the cause which is likely the reason Sajid Javid revoked her citizenship and that decision was upheld by the British Supreme court in 2021.

edit on 14-1-2023 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
She should be treated exactly the same as the world treats a male isis fighter at age 15, even tho she is much much older now. Put to death.

a reply to: AuditTheAudit

edit on 14-1-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well I certainly don't want this former ISIS female secret police that probably killed and harmed many other woman to ever come back here, my opinion good riddance to bad rubbish.

And if she ever does come back here having squandered OUR money on her legal fight this enemy of our nation and our people will have to be given a new identity and hidden from people that may very well want her gut's for garters costing us yet more money.

She need's to be sent back to her ancestral Pakistan and if that won't accept her I am sure there is a handy Hercules that could drop her preferably without a parachute over Afghanistan were she can then settle with like minded jihadi lunatics.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ummm...sooooo...did she Begum on her knees...?

Or was full prostration involved...?

These too...are questions...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I concur with your post.
Someone that willingly , and I say willingly , gave up citizenship to go aid a terrorist group should be eternally banned from their original country .
Brainwashed, my ___ .
The correct term is traitorous .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join