It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen suspended for comparing Covid vaccine to Holocaust

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

There is a number of very good petitions on that site for example the one that came up while o was looking at the some other petitions

www.change.org...

Ailing 92 year old Facing Forced Removal From UK

And more than 258,000 people have signed the petition which was created 3 months ago. This has resulted in a very good outcome for the person that was about to be removed and finally was allowed to stay with her daughter.

And yet you chose a petition for a dog to try and dismiss or downplay the petition about Andrew Bridgen which is of great importance as free speech is under attack on a constant basis. And all this because what Andrew Bridgen has said doesn't line up with your ideology when it comes to vaccinations and drugs.

You seriously need to get a perspective in life.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

"You seriously need to get a perspective in life."

The irony just keeps on coming!

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"You seriously need to get a perspective in life."

The irony just keeps on coming!

Oh the irony!

Trying to degrade the petition for Andrew Bridgen by making comparisons with a petition for a dog. Which by the way I find nothing wrong with and don't try to degrade it.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Simply a bit of perspective, old son.

Simply perspective.

That is the simple reason I posted that.

Hence the irony of your post.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Simply a bit of perspective, old son.

Simply perspective.

That is the simple reason I posted that.

Hence the irony of your post.

Yes you need to get a perspective by making comparisons between petitions about dogs and petitions about free speech.

I know you don't like what Andrew Bridgen has said but you have been engaging in vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You seem to be a bit repetitive.

Is your algorithm playing up again?

Just offering a bit of perspective and reality to you.

It's much needed, evidently.

No one is stopping Bridgen's free speech. His own party simply wants to disown him.

Like they tried to do when he breached Parliamentary lobbying rules. He was a bit of an idiot about that, you know.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You seem to be a bit repetitive.

Is your algorithm playing up again?

Just offering a bit of perspective and reality to you.

It's much needed, evidently.

No one is stopping Bridgen's free speech. His own party simply wants to disown him.

Like they tried to do when he breached Parliamentary lobbying rules. He was a bit of an idiot about that, you know.

Repetition is really good for learning. I think you know this.

Of course this is an attack on freedom of speech and on freedom of expression. And we all know why Andrew Bridgen has been suspended from his party. I am sure if they could they would suspended him from the Parliament too.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Andrew Bridgen back-peddling and apologizing now.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

www.bbc.com...

This is for another issue not related to the issue discussed here.

But he did well if he broke some of the rules.

You need to understand the information you try to.link.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

www.bbc.com...

You need to admit when you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Bridgen is the issue, that you made.

He "did well" in breaching Parliamentary rules?

You need to understand what he did.

It goes directly to his character and credibility.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Bridgen is the issue, that you made.

He "did well" in breaching Parliamentary rules?

You need to understand what he did.

It goes directly to his character and credibility.

I meant he did well by apologising if he broke the rules. But that's not what is discussed here. He has been suspended from his party for another reason

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

I am not wrong by the way. You are linking something else which isn't related to why he has been suspended from his party. Why he has been suspended from his party is discussed in this thread.

edit on 25-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

Again this is for another matter.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

I am not wrong by the way. You are linking something else which isn't related to why he has been suspended from his party. Why he has been suspended from his party is discussed in this thread.

Bridgen apologized for breaking all rules of code of conduct so, I assumed with that remark he included his vax and holocaust comments, but he didn't and to me that is also a breach of code of conduct. You are correct and he will be judged accordingly and very soon.
edit on q00000036131America/Chicago0000America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

Bridgen apologized for breaking all rules of code of conduct so, I assumed with that remark he included his vax and holocaust comments, but he didn't and to me that is also a breach of code of conduct. You are correct and he will be judged accordingly and very soon.

Yes. There have been two suspensions. One temporary suspension for five days from the UK Parliament and another one which seems to be permanent from the Conservative Party. Two different things.

He is still an MP

He didn't compare the vaccine to the holocaust as he shared someone's comments on twitter I think. The whole thing is a set up of course as the establishment doesn't want to hear someone who is critical of the absurd Covid campaign and the vaccines.

They only want to hear the... vaccine apologists and the defenders of the pharmaceuticals!!! 🍌
edit on 25-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Repetition, bombastic, pompous and one sided denialism of reality and anti vaxx apologetics.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

Yes. There have been two suspensions. One temporary suspension for five days from the UK Parliament and another one which seems to be permanent from the Conservative Party. Two different things.

He is still an MP

He didn't compare the vaccine to the holocaust as he shared someone's comments on twitter I think. The whole thing is a set up of course as the establishment doesn't want to hear someone who is critical of the absurd Covid campaign and the vaccines.

They only want to hear the... vaccine apologists and the defenders of the pharmaceuticals!!! 🍌

His actions within social media went against government policy and that act will be his downfall. See page 23...

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...

Along with his other transgressions of breach of the Code of Conduct, he just couldn't bother to review and/or follow the rules in the Code of Conduct.

Bridgen is claiming he is just asking questions about the safety of the vax, but he didn't ask any questions with that tweet, he retweeted someone else's comparison and then added a list of adverse vax reactions...without context.

Alongside his Tweet Bridgen posted data on Twitter which claimed to list potential adverse effects of the Covid vaccines.

Lord Mann, an independent peer and former Labour MP who advises the government on anti-Semitism, said Bridgen should be barred from standing for the Tories at the next election.

And Bridgen did apologize for retweeting that tweet -

“My tweet of the 11th of January was in no way antisemitic. Indeed, it alluded to the Holocaust being the most heinous crime against humanity in living memory.

“Of course, if anyone is genuinely offended by my use of such imagery, then I apologise for any offence caused.

Tory chief whip Simon Hart said on Wednesday: “Andrew Bridgen has crossed a line, causing great offence in the process.

“Misinformation about the vaccine causes harm and costs lives. I am therefore removing the Whip from Andrew Bridgen with immediate effect, pending a formal investigation.”

Alongside his Tweet Bridgen posted data on Twitter which claimed to list potential adverse effects of the Covid vaccines.

Lord Mann, an independent peer and former Labour MP who advises the government on anti-Semitism, said Bridgen should be barred from standing for the Tories at the next election.

At Prime Minister’s Questions, Rishi Sunak described Bridgen’s remarks as “utterly unacceptable”.

So posting what the government considers misinformaton about the vax goes against government policy, thus breaches the Code of Conduct.

Bridgen can ask as many questions about the safety of the vax that he wants, why not ask those concerned within Parliament, instead of asking social media?

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Government is often wrong.

nationalpost.com...

Though it did not explicitly say so, the CDC has embraced the core principles of the Great Barrington Declaration (GBD) — a document I coauthored along with Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University and Sunetra Gupta of the University of Oxford in October 2020. The GBD called for focused protection of vulnerable people (e.g., the elderly) and lifting lockdown restrictions so that the less vulnerable could live more normal lives. The declaration provided numerous concrete suggestions about how to protect the vulnerable until widespread population immunity was achieved.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: quintessentone

Government is often wrong.

nationalpost.com...

Though it did not explicitly say so, the CDC has embraced the core principles of the Great Barrington Declaration (GBD) — a document I coauthored along with Martin Kulldorff of Harvard University and Sunetra Gupta of the University of Oxford in October 2020. The GBD called for focused protection of vulnerable people (e.g., the elderly) and lifting lockdown restrictions so that the less vulnerable could live more normal lives. The declaration provided numerous concrete suggestions about how to protect the vulnerable until widespread population immunity was achieved.

Sure, it happens, but why question and join in with social media about the dangers of the vax, why not question members of Parliament instead, since the vax program was put in place by members of government? Isn't this the platform where his questions should be heard? You see where I am going with this right?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join