It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow I really hate Payoneer and it's affecting my job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
For anyone not familiar, Payoneer is a payment processor that touts itself as better than Paypal, but in my 7 months of using the company, all it is bringing me is frustration.

I work as an online tutor for a Japanese company that uses payoneer, and although i managed to get a few successful transfers, the past 5 or 6 have been refunded back into the payoneer account, saying that my bank details are invalid EVEN THOUGH I MADE ABSOLUTELY SURE that i entered them correctly at the beginning. So this morning, I decided to just give payoneer what they want and re-enter my bank details, despite my account being APPROVED AND VERIFIED from the get go, and to my utter lack of surprise, I can't change the details because there is no way to edit barring deleting the bank account which you have to contact Payoneer to do...something I don't want to do because I can't really afford to have stuffed looked at that takes purportedly 3-5 business days.

Yes, I have tried to reach out to their customer service, but it is a complete joke as the solutions don't work (keep telling me to just change my bank details, but as I said before there is no feasible way). I've happened across many people who are in the same boat, even had their accounts closed on them for no reason at all.

I could also switch jobs, but I do like working for this particular company...the people I have met are quite nice and I enjoy talking and teaching them, but it just doesn't get me motivated enough to earn money that I can't use. The other problem is that many online language companies also use Payoneer, which could lead me in the same position that I currently find myself in.

With all the controversy paypal has been in lately, I prfer it vastly over payoneer and will continue to use it.

Rant over i guess...i should make myself a yerba mate or something to stop my transformation to South American Michael Douglas from Falling Down...

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Falling down is my favorite movie of all time so I had to respond.

I have had to deal with something similar. My credit card/debit card works everywhere except on place.
An Asian grocery store. It gets flagged as something and my charge NEVER goes through and I have to carry a large amount of cash when I go there (usually $500+ As it is not a place near me and I do big trips) It’s so annoying and I’m assuming their payment processor is flagging something to my cc.

The only thing I can suggest is a work around. Find out what bank they have no issues with and switch and then transfer from that one to your. I know it’s a pain but that is the only way these things work sometimes.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Can you add a NEW bank account? If so, then perhaps you can make it your default bank account. That's how I have gotten around this sort of problem in the past, although I've never used Payoneer.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know...I have a peruvian bank account and I don''t know many other banks that will work with it. I know for a fact stripe doesn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

the only logical thing i could do is re-enter my details in the other slot, but I have a feeling that I might end up with the same problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

dont know about payoneer, but,.....

your bills are NOT once a month if you make a
budget for 12 monthly payments...

most are 28 days cycles... meaning,,,
that is 2 days earlier and earlier every month..
times 12 months is 24-26 days earlier by years end,
MAKING AN EXTRA 13th PAYMENT A YEAR, every year
while you only budget for TWELVE monthly paymints

nearly EVERY BILL YOU PAY DOES THIS
not only bills , but,

medications too.
if they can screw you around and make you go without pills
for any reason for even 2 days every month
, needing PRIOR AUTHORIZATION
doing this EVERY MONTH,,,, (a 32 day cycle) but 30 days of pills
by years end, they only paid for 11 months...not 12

medications aint cheap, but by screwing people like this
can save them BILLIONS EVERY YEAR in costs

one whole month worth of pills , what is your monthly cost?

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cappie

well, i usually withdraw between 50-60usd, which i supplement my other jobs I earn in local currency. it evens out to about 300-500 local currency given the exchange rate.

lets see...

train/bus fare: 10

groceries: 30-70 (depending on how much i need)

rent: 60-80

vet visit for my cat: 5 (plus additional cost of treatments)

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Not payoneer related, but I've been recently frustrated by banks I work with. Their offered services are getting fewer and are crankier to work with. Like Jag, I've also had "selective" credit card problems. Not impressed.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

ok so yesterday, my latest withdrawl was refunded. i'm starting to look into the bank thing (not my bank, but the one that thransfers between Payoneer and my bank). your post makes me think that something like that is going on, but Payoneer is still to blame

someone actually attempted to get people together last year to file a class action against Payoneer because they also have a habit of shutting people's accounts for no reason

top topics

join