It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers' Kisses can be... FATAL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm dying over here.

I'm feeling very odd, because after reading this- I can't even.

Indian Express- Link to article

Smokers are prime candidates for carrying the potentially deadly meningococcus bacteria

Yes, you read that right.

Smokers. Kissing them.

It will give you bacterial meningitis, and you will die. I have a joke about this being on "indianexpress," but it's not very PC, so I'll let you work it out on your own.

I can't hold it back; its based on the equivolence between journalism and indian express / 24-qwik-e-mart journalism

The Hindu article

Now, now here's another one, haha,

She wasn’t even a smoker. She’d only seen it in film and on TV

FOURTH HAND SMOKING. FOURTH!

Watching someone smoke is now dangerous to your health!

I literally feel like I'm going into a manic episode, sitting here laughing at all these bullsh*t smoking articles from Hindus and Indians (mostly)

Like, where are literally ANY of the references? This is one of those things, where someone's at the office spouting some shi about an article they've read or whathaveyou, and you're hearing "So I think that show should be held responsible, the fourth hand smoking has really impacted my health this year, which is probably why I was out last week-", and at this point you're either strangling them, or just left confused to the point of hilarity.

Yeah, I get that the articles are quite old, the first being 13 years old (holy crap, 2010 was 13 years ago), and the second from 2017,

But gosh darn, I thought ya'll could use a laugh like I did this morning.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
When I was in elementary school I knew a kid who got lung cancer from candy cigarettes. He was crunching two packs a day.

Of course we all heard about the kid who held a pencil like it was a cigarette and pretended he was smoking. He died of lead poisoning...

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

But they said watching the 'Yule log' on TV was safe. How can it be if watching smoking on TV is dangerous? A video of a fireplace must be much more dangerous.
edit on 1 10 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
I'm dying over here.

I'm feeling very odd, because after reading this- I can't even.

Indian Express- Link to article

Smokers are prime candidates for carrying the potentially deadly meningococcus bacteria

Yes, you read that right.

Smokers. Kissing them.

It will give you bacterial meningitis, and you will die. I have a joke about this being on "indianexpress," but it's not very PC, so I'll let you work it out on your own.

I can't hold it back; its based on the equivolence between journalism and indian express / 24-qwik-e-mart journalism

The Hindu article

Now, now here's another one, haha,

She wasn’t even a smoker. She’d only seen it in film and on TV

FOURTH HAND SMOKING. FOURTH!

Watching someone smoke is now dangerous to your health!

I literally feel like I'm going into a manic episode, sitting here laughing at all these bullsh*t smoking articles from Hindus and Indians (mostly)

Like, where are literally ANY of the references? This is one of those things, where someone's at the office spouting some shi about an article they've read or whathaveyou, and you're hearing "So I think that show should be held responsible, the fourth hand smoking has really impacted my health this year, which is probably why I was out last week-", and at this point you're either strangling them, or just left confused to the point of hilarity.

Yeah, I get that the articles are quite old, the first being 13 years old (holy crap, 2010 was 13 years ago), and the second from 2017,

But gosh darn, I thought ya'll could use a laugh like I did this morning.

although alcohol is (or at least was...) the leading cause of death in the world, it's ok to promote alcohol in virtually every store, every mall, all tv sports/game commercials, etc. My personal favorite was when covid hit, churches were shut down but yet the liquor store a block from here was open because it was "essential".

Disclaimer: cigarettes are bad for you, please don't ever start smoking! I wish I hadn't I could be rich now.

Back about 20 years ago my parents and I used to drive to Kentucky to get cheaper cigarettes. We would buy a month's worth and save tons of money. When the war on cigarettes really started here in the US, they started taxing them heavily - which is why we started going out of state. While there at our favorite tobacco store, the cigarettes from other countries started just pouring in, lots of new brands and MUCH cheaper than our usual US name brands. So here they were on the news saying how bad cigarettes were and how much they cared about our health... but yet importing more and more as if the ones from Indonesia or Turkey were way safer to smoke *sigh

Rant almost over.

I think part of the reason I smoked longer than I wanted to was just because they started equating cigarette smokers with drug users on all the posters hanging on the grade school walls of my kids! That really ticked me off, as a religious person especially, so I think a smoked an extra few a day in silent defiance.

At this point in life, I don't care what "they" tell us is good for us. I just think back on all the lottery money (that was supposed to help the schools and roads) and all the cigarette taxes (where is that all going?) and just do what I think is healthy for my body. And no, I don't care what they say - Cocoa Puffs are NOT healthier than a bowl of oatmeal or an egg.

@Vroomfondel - I remember those candy cigarettes! Had a couple myself as a kid.
edit on 10-1-2023 by TruthJava because: edit

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I wish I hadn't I could be rich now.

You just like my dad 😊 he also saying something like that " If you don't smoke you have more money, if never start smoking you cud have lamborgini by now" but he didn't smoke and he never have lamborgini. It's bad for your health, and as for the money... you spent it on something else.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Chain smoke 3 packs, then open a kissing booth in Wash, DC.

The downside, of course, is the smoker being exposed to herpes, hepatitis C, monkeypox and LIBR (liberal induced brain rot)...

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Everyone I have ever kissed is still alive and kicking, maybe I'm just special

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik

Ask yourself why would Monsanto and the Pharmacy companies bother to finance an anti-smoking campaign. They would have more pressing problems if they really wanted to clean up their act. Nothing happens by coincidence at that level the campaign has been super well-funded and aggressive and the sheep went bhaaa!.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Katatonik

Ask yourself why would Monsanto and the Pharmacy companies bother to finance an anti-smoking campaign. They would have more pressing problems if they really wanted to clean up their act. Nothing happens by coincidence at that level the campaign has been super well-funded and aggressive and the sheep went bhaaa!.

Because Tobacco Smoke is an Antiseptic and Kills Airborne Germs around you . Big Pharm can't have that !

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Exactly when you look at it, the smoke break is nonproductive. It is an appetite suppressant. Now constant snaking has replaced it, and weight problems and diabetes has taken off. The rates of lung cancer have increased. It suppressed Parkinson's and Altheimer, which have also taken off, so on a macro level smoking bans have been very good for the companies that profit, not to mention they have all gone quiet with regards to smokers and Covid.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I'm a smoker, I was saying that basically in regards to the OP no one is dead yet.

new topics

top topics

join