It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Japan to raise prices on 80% of its items

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't mean to be challenging in any way, but out of curiosity I looked up 170 yen and it came out in usd to be appx $1.28? Now since that seems like the cheapest hamburger in the world, I have got to be wrong in my figures?

Central US:
Here in my town, a mcdonalds at the moment here has a sale of two cheese burgers for 2.18 which is 1.09 each and a big mac is 5.09. So if your burgers are only ten cents higher now with the price increase, doesn't seem to bad to me.
Its the drinks and fries they really kill you on money wise here in the US. Especially the drinks.

Wife and I almost never eat out. Used to go to Steak and Shake until here in town they put in kiosks and laid off half their staff. We stopped and never went back. If they want to be greedy, lay off their staff and get free robotic help let them, but I don't have to participate in that. Besides I like our burgers more.

I can fix a monster cheese/mushroom burger at home for cheap. And we even cut out our fries by hand from potatoes we grew in the garden.

I imagine however, if prices are jumping here they will for Japan as well.
When you go to the store and eggs are more than double the week before, you know trouble is coming.
Japan would be no exception, and since you are on an island, your prices are probably somewhat severe.
Hope all turns out well for Japan and of course the rest of the world. Be Safe:

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Price is all relative. It’s the percentage increase that is the issue. And market share/size.

a reply to: DavidsHope

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DavidsHope
I don't mean to be challenging in any way, but out of curiosity I looked up 170 yen and it came out in usd to be appx $1.28? Now since that seems like the cheapest hamburger in the world, I have got to be wrong in my figures?

Central US:
Here in my town, a mcdonalds at the moment here has a sale of two cheese burgers for 2.18 which is 1.09 each and a big mac is 5.09. So if your burgers are only ten cents higher now with the price increase, doesn't seem to bad to me.
Its the drinks and fries they really kill you on money wise here in the US. Especially the drinks.

Wife and I almost never eat out. Used to go to Steak and Shake until here in town they put in kiosks and laid off half their staff. We stopped and never went back. If they want to be greedy, lay off their staff and get free robotic help let them, but I don't have to participate in that. Besides I like our burgers more.

I can fix a monster cheese/mushroom burger at home for cheap. And we even cut out our fries by hand from potatoes we grew in the garden.

I imagine however, if prices are jumping here they will for Japan as well.
When you go to the store and eggs are more than double the week before, you know trouble is coming.
Japan would be no exception, and since you are on an island, your prices are probably somewhat severe.
Hope all turns out well for Japan and of course the rest of the world. Be Safe:

You made a good point. But the hamburger was only 100 yen a few years back. Here is the thing. The employee back then was hired at 680 yen an hour, now the new hireree gets 790 yen an hour. Since I look at it that way, the 170 yen for one hamburger seems to be high price. But our electric bill here went up over 14% in one month, so, yes the cost is passed onto us. I really only go there at night time to have coffee these days. But I wonder how much the coffee will be this time visit. Last month was 110 yen with tax for small cup.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
People are forgetting that in Japan they use better ingredients. Watch their food videos sometime. Their standards are much higher.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The cost of diabeetus just went up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join