It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favorite quotes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I could post some of my own quotes, but that is a little too self-centered for me.

So I rather post quotes by other creatures that I really like.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:03 AM
link   
"If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough."

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:20 AM
link   
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."- Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
"The less a man makes declarative statements, the less likely he is to look foolish in retrospect."

Quinton Tarantino (from the movie Four Rooms).

edit on 7-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
The less a man makes declarative statements, the less likely he is to look foolish in retrospect.

This is a quote by Quentin Tarantino, right?

Can you guys please post the name of the person you quote?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkyAngel

Yes. And I fixed my post.

Ps. I don't think the quote is actually his. I think he was quoting an old quote, but no idea who actually quoted it. So some people may not know exactly who their quote is from.

edit on 7-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Because autocorrect suck donkey d

ETA: I stand corrected. I googled it and apparently it is his quote. I just didn't want to give credit to the wrong person, but it is his. I always thought it was super cool. Especially the way he says it.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   

"The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them."
~ Mark Twain

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

Yes. And I fixed my post.

Ps. I don't think the quote is actually his. I think he was quoting and old quote, but no idea who actually quoted it. So some people may not know exactly who their quote is from.

Thank you kindly.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

Henry David Thoreau

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"It's your coloring book; color it however you want!" - my mother.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
"Und auf vorgezeigten Pfaden,
zieht die Menge durch die Flur,
den entrollten Lügenfahnen,
folgen alle - Schafsnatur!"

"And on paths shown,
the crowd moves through the corridor,
the unfurled flags of lies,
all follow - sheep nature!"
Goethe

„Das deutsche Volk ist absolut obrigkeitshörig, des Denkens entwöhnt, typischer Befehlsempfänger, ein Held vor dem Feind, aber ein totaler Mangel an Zivilcourage. Der typische Deutsche verteidigt sich erst dann, wenn er nichts mehr hat, das sich zu verteidigen lohnt. Wenn er aber aus seinem Schlaf erwacht ist, dann schlägt er im blinden Zorn alles kurz und klein. Auch jenes, was ihm vielleicht noch helfen könnte!"

"The German people are absolutely obedient to authority, weaned on thinking, typical recipients of orders, a hero before the enemy, but a total lack of civil courage. The typical German defends himself only when he has nothing left worth defending. But when he wakes up from his sleep, he beats up everything in a blind rage. Even that which could perhaps still help him!"
Carl Friedrich von Weizäcker - der bedrohte Friede (1983)

"Man sieht die Sonne langsam untergehen und erschrickt doch, wenn es plötzlich dunkel ist."

"You can see the sun slowly setting and yet be startled when it's suddenly dark."
Franz Kafka

„Natürlich, das einfache Volk will keinen Krieg. Aber schließlich sind es die Führer eines Landes, die die Politik bestimmen, und es ist immer leicht, das Volk zum Mitmachen zu bringen, ob es sich nun um eine Demokratie, eine faschistische Diktatur, um ein Parlament oder eine kommunistische Diktatur handelt. Das ist ganz einfach. Man braucht nichts zu tun, als dem Volk zu sagen, es würde angegriffen, und den Pazifisten ihren Mangel an Patriotismus vorzuwerfen und zu behaupten, sie brächten das Land in Gefahr. Diese Methode funktioniert in jedem Land.“

"Of course, the common people don't want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always easy to get the people to go along, whether it is a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. It is very simple. You don't have to do anything but tell the people they are being attacked and accuse the pacifists of their lack of patriotism and claim they are putting the country in danger. This method works in every country."
Hermann Göring

“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, #, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”
Charles Bukowksi

"Who controls the fear of people becomes the master of their souls"
Niccolo di Bernardo dei Machiavelli

“When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals!”
Seymour Hersh

“War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength”
George Orwell

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Existence Needs You! Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it. That' what gives you dignity, that the whole existence will miss you. The stars and sun and moon, the trees and birds and earth~ Everything in the universe will feel a small place is vacant, which CANNOT be filled by anybody except you!
Author: ~OSHO

Everyone is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life thinking it is stupid.
Author: ~Albert Einstein

edit on 7-1-2023 by StarsInDust because: Just Because

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled
Sam Clements

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

" It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are , ipso facto , those least suited to do it"
Douglas Adams

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Don't mess with the Papasaurus. You'll get Jurasskicked.

-Gothmog

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight he'll just kill you."

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

" Forgive them father for they know not what they do "

......Jesus Christ........

That person has more connections than leggo

.......???........

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
“Always take an honor guard with you. If you have to go, go down fighting. The size of your guard of honor determines your status in hell.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join