It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing Your Life To Get What You Want

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Not an easy goal for anyone. I have personally been given extreme life obstacles that most people dont ever face and challenges that seem fully impossible to overcome but I dont give up. The worst things involve the actions of powerful people and getting thrown repeatedly into the middle of things that dont concern me.

Ditching the worst and building a life that is in alignment with my personal goals may not be easy but I will continue on that path till I get what I want and what I want isnt all that unusual or eccentric or wildly delusional. My head aint in the clouds and my sense of self isnt inflated or false. I know my limits and I know what needs to get done.

With my practical logic and careful planning I will adhere to my goals and take the steps necessary to change my life around. My health and wellness comes first and with a balanced healthy physical and mental well being I can win at this challenge and become one of the successful people.
edit on 5-1-2023 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

That all depends on how successful is defined. Just remember that every time you succeed, someone will take it away by hook or by crook. Every time.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Studying/practicing Stoicism, along with journaling & meditation morning and night did it for me. Sounds like you are stoic in many ways already 👍🏼

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Seriously, if you have the time to walk about 5 miles a day or more, do it. All my relatives walked that and more and they are in their 90's these days. Of course, I also think genes have something to do with it. Me, 007 and I still feel a bit of childhood rambunctiousness in me. For real.

Cycling is fun too when you have this girl to cycle along with. Actually, solo cycling is great also.

edit on 0100000011102023-01-05T06:10:11-06:00101101am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

This is taken from the old "Journey to Ixtlan" stories, by Carlos Castaneda. It's inspiring.

Words fail us. For this reason, a warrior seeks to act rather than to talk, and to this effect, he gets a new description of the world, where talking is not important. A warrior is a hunter who hunts power. The world is unfathomable. So are we. The ultimate experience is being alive. A warrior understands that our world is very awesome, very mysterious, and does not reveal its secrets easily. A warrior's personality, his spirit, is marked by consistency, detachment, objectivity, sobriety, and above all, total dedication. He embraces a discipline the average person cannot even conceive of, much less practice. What the average person sees as great character strengths, the warrior sees as weakness, and conceit.
We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.
To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness.

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
Every expert was once a beginner.
Obstacles can’t stop you.
Problems can’t stop you.
Other people can’t stop you.
Only you can stop you.

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins. Not through strength, but through persistence.

Try. Fail. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Don't even THINK of what you cannot do. Think of what you can do.

Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Making your wants match your needs makes life a lot easier to live.

It is nice to treat yourself to a want occasionally so you feel better, but if you do not watch out your wants will cause problems with your ability to live a stress-less life. Living within your means is good, being prepared to guarantee your future is a good thing. But trying to impress others to make yourself look better to others can cause a person to get depressed.

I am only rich in the fact that my name is Richard. I try to live within my means and treat myself on occasion. I know so many people who spend too much on things they want and it negatively effects their lives. I screwed up in the past but learned from my mistakes too. I just wish I would not have spent so much on rewarding myself with things I did not really need in the past.

That is life, many people who are old have learned that what they used to think was not real, I will not try to protect the delusions I believed in anymore, but trying to advise the young is impossible. Letting the young make their own mistakes is a bad thing, but most of society has been brainwashed to believe in consumerism. Santa is one of the things that is used to make us believe in consumerism...it is a way of teaching us that believing in a lie is profitable.

My middle name must be scrooge.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I understand, I started to take care of myself not really long ago. I visited the doctor and he said that I've had obesity, I was terrified. But since I started to follow my balanced diet and do sports. Following the diet is the hardest. I'm really used to eating chips and chocolate.

As for sport, I didn't like it, I don't like cardio pieces of training, because I have shortness of breath. But I found my sport, It's like cardio but I don't need to move a lot. It's ping pong
I became a fan of it. I've even purchased the best table Killerspin for my house.

top topics

join