It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The invisible extinction" A movie about human gut microflora

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I found this trailer for a movie coming out about our gut microbiome. Some scientists studied the gut microbiome of the people in the indigenous tribes living in the Amazon. They found that these people have a much more diverse microbiome than the average person living in a modern civilization. And basically, the more diverse it is, the healthier the gut microbiome will be.

the The Invisible Extinction, Dr. Martin Blaser and Dr. Gloria Dominguez-Bello

I'm planning on catching this in the theater and reporting back with a new spoiler filled thread for those who would prefer to read my thread about this than go spend money to watch it at the theater. I'm only going to the theater to see this because it is one of my key interests.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's been proven how crucial a healthy gut microbiome is. This is a good short and to-the-point explanation on the microbiome, along with some great instructions, from Ken Berry, MD.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
The average life expectancy of the Tsimane people of Bolivia is 53.
This is mostly due to the fact that they have no access to medicine that would save them from common infections and diseases that modern people have cures for.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This is mostly due to the fact that they have no access to medicine that would save them from common infections and diseases that modern people have cures for.

You're a shill for big pharma!

j/k

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

j/k

It is funny though, the antibiotics that kill off our intestinal flora keeps so many of us on the ‘sunny side’ of the turf… for a while, anyway.
It is a balance thing. We need to use less of the antibiotics and keep our flora diverse.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
For the last 5 days I have been drinking Athletic Greens with almond milk/water and a fruit like a banana and all I can say is wow. Started working out as well cause I actually have energy and I feel much better. Late afternoon bonks are less. I'm less bloated and gassy and my urge to drink beer is abating. My stool has improved as well. My resting heart rate has dropped 60 two weeks ago to close to 50 the last three days. Also been eating some Gearson Therapy soups as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out his perspective on this. I'm already deep in my own conclusions on this but maybe he has some ideas that can help me fine tune my own thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out his perspective on this. I'm already deep in my own conclusions on this but maybe he has some ideas that can help me fine tune my own thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

True, a lot of them do die young, but the rest of them who make it to a proper old age are likely some of the fittest people on earth.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

j/k

It is funny though, the antibiotics that kill off our intestinal flora keeps so many of us on the ‘sunny side’ of the turf… for a while, anyway.
It is a balance thing. We need to use less of the antibiotics and keep our flora diverse.

You have to consider that these folks are not completely without medicine. They understand which of their native plants are medicinal and know how to forage for and use them.

Sadly, their healthy gut microbiomes are not going to be around for much longer. Not only is modernization creeping in on them, at least some of the stuff that is destroying our healthy gut flora is in the air and water.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
For the last 5 days I have been drinking Athletic Greens with almond milk/water and a fruit like a banana and all I can say is wow. Started working out as well cause I actually have energy and I feel much better. Late afternoon bonks are less. I'm less bloated and gassy and my urge to drink beer is abating. My stool has improved as well. My resting heart rate has dropped 60 two weeks ago to close to 50 the last three days. Also been eating some Gearson Therapy soups as well.

I just looked up "Athletics Greens" and it looks like that should do some good for your inner bacteria.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
where can you watch this movie? a reply to: tamusan

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

It's not out until Jan. 6th. It looks like you can either pay apple to watch it online or go to a movie theater. I'm choosing theater. I don't expect a theater showing a documentary on stomach bacteria to be packed. The theater selections are limited. I'm going to the one in L.A. I cringe at the thought, but a "hollywood getaway" would make my wife smile.

I will post a link to watch it for free if a legal one ever appears.
edit on 3 1 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I know I was warning in winter, you guys are going to suffer from a flu/covid combination.

But jeepers did I get the tummy flu when it got really hot here over New Years.

And the cramps, like kicked in the tummy.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sauerkraut:

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
With all the antimicrobial chemicals used in or on our foods, it would be almost impossible to have a diverse healthy gut microbe population. Only the strongest would survive and only if they were to do horizontal transfer of necessary genetic info from other species in the gut.

Probiotics taken even daily won't help if the chemicals on the salad kill them almost immediately. You would have to do probiotics twice a day.

We got some major issues in our food chain.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Humans have taken up all kinds of flora and fauna, they're all parasites and symbiotic organisms. Did you know that there is a specific species of flea adapted to living on humans? It's the species used in flea circuses. Likely near extinction as we aren't hearing much about flea circuses lately. Human lice, at least two kinds, scabies and a number of other mites. Then there is bacteria and fungus, many different kinds. Damn, too many human adapted parasites and symbiots to drum up a list. I won't miss a single one unless they are beneficial to my health in some way.

I recommend everyone drink unpasteurized homemade beer and/or wine with a high ABV level on a daily basis, around 10-12oz in the evening before bed.
edit on 3-1-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

We love sauerkraut here and have it a few times a month. We also eat many fermented Japanese foods.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's not just the stuff being intentionally added to our foods. The environment is full of all kinds of contaminants that we are constantly being exposed to and not just through eating.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

That was an interesting tidbit about circus fleas that I did not know about.

Are you volunteering to move to my neighborhood to better facilitate your making homemade beer and wine for me? I should warn you that I could probably drink it faster than you can make it.
edit on 4 1 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join