It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS my old friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hello everyone, yes that was absolutely a sound of silence reference.

I haven't been around much lately, and hate to come back with only bad news, but this is an online space I feel I can express myself to people I would consider friends if ever met in real life.

My Uncle is in the hospital with covid and it's developed into pneumonia. It seems pretty bad, and I have a scary feeling he's not going to make it. I had to call an ambulance last night for him, he was in a state of delirium and didn't know where he was. The paramedics showed up and immediately were focused on getting him to the hospital. Once there, we found out he has covid and pneumonia, which for a 70 year old is umm... :'(

He's not on a ventilator as far as I'm aware of, but my mom (her brother) could be not telling me everything at the moment in attempt to keep me from breaking down, and if so, good job mom.

I'm not a religious person but please send prayers if you are, because this would be a great time for me to be wrong about something.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Prayers sent.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Done and done.

Things, as bad as they might seem, can improve. It may sound foolish, but you signed up for this so...

Hope is real, it has weight and heft... the future, no matter how it is characterized, is not set.

Accept that it might be a time of closure, for your uncle, but also - and most importantly - accept that it may not be. Let the doctors treat the manifestation of his condition, give your uncle a chance to recover... never give up.

And, while I sincerely wish you and yours well, and will pray for you without question, accept this bit of advice ...

How we feel about things that happen, doesn't add meaning to 'things,' It's how we go forward that does that.

I have a dear friend in hospital now (same age range - different "COVID" plus comorbidity situation.) I see the fear and loss of hope in her ...

Offer hope for your uncle, bolster him against fear... patience and love are the best help when all we have to work with is time.

edit on 12/31/2022 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I'm not a religious person but please send prayers if you are, because this would be a great time for me to be wrong about something.

I feel your pain. My mother is close to 90 years old, she lives with me. I begin my prayers every morning thanking God that I woke up to the sound of her putzing around her room. I end each day thanking God that I had another day with her.

The love we have for our family is eternal and hits us hard when we are helpless, and they are in need.

I thank you for asking for intercessory prayers. They can be powerful, and I pray with conviction that you Uncle be made whole and returns to his full measure of health and wellness.

You say you are not a religious person, neither am I. But whether you believe or not, God hears your prayers. Having a relationship with God has nothing to do with religion. Don't let religion stand between you and God.

Love and peace be with your family.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

a reply to: Maxmars

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

thank you all, your words mean a lot.

I have more to say either way of the outcome, just a bit emotional tonight.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oops!

Don't know why my phone did that. Posted to wrong thread.

Sorry.

edit on 31-12-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

you um, replied to the wrong thing

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah. I think the person that tracks me started the party early, and has had too much to drink.

Switched to the laptop, because my phone is acting really weird.

This is the second attempt to send this post. Let's see if it goes through this time.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Prayers sent.

🙏🙏

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Will do.

Hope he get's better.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hope your uncle gets better, I will say some prayers for you both.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Vector99, Prayers, and blessings to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Not much of an update, he's still in the hospital and covid+. I'm not sure if he's passed the NPO test yet or not. The nurses give reassuring updates, but also say the progress is much slower than should be expected, dunno if that's good or bad.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, it means a lot!

new topics

top topics

join