It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United airlines flight ua839 suffers engine issues, makes emergency diversion to land.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A united airlines flight has landed safely due to engine issues.

Glad the crew had an option to land crossing the pacific.

Passengers are having beers on the beach, sweet!

www.airlive.net...

simpleflying.com...

www.news.com.au... 50dce7f9f7f23677eb6f329?amp
edit on 31-12-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
A united airlines flight has landed safely due to engine issues.

Glad the crew had an option to land crossing the pacific.

Passengers are having beers on the beach, sweet!

www.news.com.au... 50dce7f9f7f23677eb6f329?amp

Well your link sucks...so I'll take your word for it!

ETA: Thanks for adding new links! The new links don't suck! lol

Interesting story...I'd of been scared out of my mind as a passenger (or pilot for that matter)!
edit on 31-12-2022 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Sorry put a couple more

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   

One can "quote" the post to see the entire URL when the website software chops it.

That URL can be viewed here.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

One can "quote" the post to see the entire URL when the website software chops it.

That URL can be viewed here.

Cheers

You are amazing...and to think I've only been here since 2011!

Did you read the story about the oil leaking and them having to make landing in an airport that doesn't service United Airlines? Amazing!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Not really a huge thing with the new planes. The 777 was designed to take off, close to MTOW, and fly to its destination on one engine. Engine reliability and the ability to fly on one has come a long way. Under the ETOPS program aircraft are certified to fly a certain time limit on one engine, so have to remain within that time from a divert airport that can handle them. The biggest thing here is getting a crew and possibly new engine to them to fix it.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Not really a huge thing with the new planes. The 777 was designed to take off, close to MTOW, and fly to its destination on one engine. Engine reliability and the ability to fly on one has come a long way. Under the ETOPS program aircraft are certified to fly a certain time limit on one engine, so have to remain within that time from a divert airport that can handle them. The biggest thing here is getting a crew and possibly new engine to them to fix it.

Exactly, due to FAA and company SOP, even though it could have continued on to its destination easily, an engine failure is considered an in flight emergency, the closest capable airport was where it ended up.

CYA for everyone.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

It’s been shown more than once when some of these airlines I wouldn’t be caught dead on lost an engine and the crew had a case of gethomeitis, and didn’t tell anyone until they were on final, and declared an emergency to land sooner. Usually after four hours of flying on one engine, and having simply requested a lower altitude.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's truly a relief to hear that everyone on United Airlines flight UA839 made it safely after the engine issues. Kudos to the crew for their swift and efficient response. And what a silver lining, getting an unexpected beach break in the mix!

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wonder if this was caused by that company caught selling counterfeit airplane parts, AOG.

new topics

top topics

join