It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to Miyakojima Okinawa soon for a couple of months just to bum around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hello everyone. Yep, for those that know me, I'm a cyclist that bums around Japan. I'm going to go to Miyakojima, Okinawa and just kick back and wild camp along what nature provided me. I hope to be there a few months. Sadly I can't post pictures on the phone here but I'll provide a link with my travels. Coconuts and ... well... I'll soon discover the life of Miyakojima which is much different than the mainland of Japan

www.japan-guide.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Tell me something about the equipment you use. What do you use for cooking, as shelter (if you sleep outsides), what kind of sleeping bag do you use, such things. And maybe make some pics or some videos when you are on your trips, there are a lot of people on YT who get an awful lot of clicks just filming their surrounding while walking around in cities, doing bike trips, hiking in the woods etc. Maybe this is even another chance to make a few bucks, who knows.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Tell me something about the equipment you use. What do you use for cooking, as shelter (if you sleep outsides), what kind of sleeping bag do you use, such things. And maybe make some pics or some videos when you are on your trips, there are a lot of people on YT who get an awful lot of clicks just filming their surrounding while walking around in cities, doing bike trips, hiking in the woods etc. Maybe this is even another chance to make a few bucks, who knows.
Cheers

OK. I use a 10 dollar sleeping bag.
I ride a Giant R3 XS bicycle. I'm a bit small.
I use a small portable camp stove. ( I'll try later to find it on Amazon and post it here )
Rain coat
Got to have an umbrella
2 sets of clothes
I also carry a weapon for my nightly protection ( japan is safe, but have to stay alert )
I carry along a few cooking stuff, but generally I buy and just throw the stuff away and re-buy again.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
enjoy and stay safe

if you go swimming look out for the Kappa

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Actually the waters are cold in January and February and March so I'm not going to do much or any swimming but definitely going to be crashing out on the beaches stand in a tent overnight while it's called wild camping Spanish put a cooking stove that picture of a little compact container and I'll cook udon and yeah just enjoyed it the simple lifestyle of of getting old man not old but getting up there in age man so I just want to kick back and enjoy bumming around in a foreign country

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Safe travels.

I've always loved the scenery I see of Japan.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Safe travels.

did i send you a link of my blog?

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Safe travels.

Nope you haven't.

Please do.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the answer. Nice bike you have there.

Maybe this here is interesting for you:

Check the whole channel of this guy, he saved me a lot of money with his simple DIY projects. And i had a lot of fun crafting some of the stuff he shows.

I made a few of these here two days ago, they help to prepare food like trecking or instant/dried food and to keep stuff hot (or cold if needed) a long time. Doesn´t cost a lot( only a bag for frozen goods from a supermarket and some duct tape is needed), takes no space and a set of two is around 80 grams only:

It´s in (northern) german language but you just have to watch the video, it´s self-explaining.

It´s great what you do, i am a bit jealous because i damaged my left knee and leg (while cycling xD) and all i can do now is everything by foot because i really have to take care of that knee now(don´t want to end up with another 4.5 months of being in hospital and having 15 surgeries in that time xD). And of course i have to rest more often than before my crash while walking, especially in the forests and with stuff on my back. But i love that feeling to be in nature, away from all that madness that is going on. Feeling a bit of real freedom, feeling almost like a kid (without all the knowledge about political or whatever issues, pretty carefree) again when doing this.
Have a real good time on your trips!

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic I was stationed there 4 yrs you should be more cautious of American GIs than the locals believe it.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Safe travels.

Nope you haven't.

Please do.

OK, sent PM with link. Sorry about the delay.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowballer
a reply to: musicismagic I was stationed there 4 yrs you should be more cautious of American GIs than the locals believe it.

I was stationed at Kadena Air Base. What base was you stationed at. When I arrived in Naha, years ago it was really just a sleepy town other than the airport there. Mostly it was just us GI's and back then, I didn't think the GI's were all that well received either. But they did like our money.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Hey, thanks for the answer. Nice bike you have there.

Maybe this here is interesting for you:

Check the whole channel of this guy, he saved me a lot of money with his simple DIY projects. And i had a lot of fun crafting some of the stuff he shows.

I made a few of these here two days ago, they help to prepare food like trecking or instant/dried food and to keep stuff hot (or cold if needed) a long time. Doesn´t cost a lot( only a bag for frozen goods from a supermarket and some duct tape is needed), takes no space and a set of two is around 80 grams only:

It´s in (northern) german language but you just have to watch the video, it´s self-explaining.

It´s great what you do, i am a bit jealous because i damaged my left knee and leg (while cycling xD) and all i can do now is everything by foot because i really have to take care of that knee now(don´t want to end up with another 4.5 months of being in hospital and having 15 surgeries in that time xD). And of course i have to rest more often than before my crash while walking, especially in the forests and with stuff on my back. But i love that feeling to be in nature, away from all that madness that is going on. Feeling a bit of real freedom, feeling almost like a kid (without all the knowledge about political or whatever issues, pretty carefree) again when doing this.
Have a real good time on your trips!

Hey! Thanks for your post here. Really feel bad about your injury. Cycling in 100% of the way I get around, although I do walk a lot too, which is really good. Most people can't imagine walking round trip ( about 6 miles ) for a cup of coffee at Mcd''s, but I do it very often. Of course, I can take the bike, but at times I enjoy the fumes of the trucks. Reminds me of being stationed in Okinawa way back then. Those fumes I can still smell. I'm not working at the present time as I had posted about looking for work at near 70 years old, so I can travel a few months at a time. Camping is mostly free here and very safe to "wild camp or stealth camp as some call it ", so it doesn't cost much to cycle long distance. Water really is the most expensive thing for me. Got to learn how to get free water next time I'm out.
Again, thank for your reply.

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join