It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Russian women are braver than most people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Pussy Riot has released a furious anti-war and anti-Putin song. Warning: she pees at the end.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

They are brave because they sing a song, because they are against war
Not sure they are anything but musicians making money

Does that make Roger Waters braver than most because he stands against Ukraine, braver than Pussy Riot because he is in the West?
Braver than most?
Hyperbole just a bit maybe?

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So, you'd do that if you were a Russian against the war and living in Russia? They've already been imprisoned in the past for upsetting their government.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

They are brave because they sing a song, because they are against war
Not sure they are anything but musicians making money

Does that make Roger Waters braver than most because he stands against Ukraine, braver than Pussy Riot because he is in the West?
Braver than most?
Hyperbole just a bit maybe?

Band members have been sent to Russian prisons over their music.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

“A Moscow court has sentenced three members of Pussy Riot to two years in a medium-security prison for hooliganism motivated by religious hatred and enmity.

The six months the girls have spent in pre-trial custody will count as time served. The Judge said Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina and Ekaterina Samutsevich showed flagrant disregard for church parishioners and the fundamentals of the Orthodox faith."The Court considers that social justice and prevention of further possible crimes can only be achieved by restricting the defendants' freedom and real imprisonment," Judge Syrova said. “By their actions, Samutsevich, Tolokonnikova and Alyokhina seriously disrupted public order and the day-to-day running of the Cathedral. They showed blatant disrespect to church-goers and workers, and in doing so gravely offended their religious sensibilities,” Judge Syrova stated announcing the verdict.The audience met the sentence with sporadic shouts "Shame on the Court!"It took the court just over three hours to read the whole verdict. Judge Syrova concluded that Pussy Riot’s "punk prayer" inflicted major “pain” and hurt the feelings of Orthodox believers, adding they also “disrupted the work of the Cathedral” since, beside their performance, they also “refused to leave.” Syrova said the motives of religious hatred could be proven by the fact that Pussy Riot targeted Russia’s sizable Orthodox community, choosing a major cathedral for their performance. The group's feminist beliefs are not compatible with church norms, the Judge pointed out adding that the Russian Constitution provides that different groups and cultures should treat each other with respect. Short bright dresses, loud singing, dancing – which are traditionally prohibited in Orthodox churches – as well as the “blasphemous lyrics” insulted preachers, Syrova said, asserting that the group had anticipated such a reaction. Still, the court took into account that Tolokonnikova and Alyokhina have small children, that all the three girls have no previous criminal records and received favorable reports from their employer and university.Prosecutors have been demanding that the three women be sentenced to three years in prison, while the defense hoped for their acquittal.”

Doesn’t seem it was for their music
Just because it’s acceptable in the US doesn’t mean it’s acceptable in other countries

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No I wouldn’t do that in Russia because I disagree with their stance re Putin
I would would however think nothing of releasing a song if I was so talented condemning Putin, Zelensky or whomever I considered liable for any and every war

Pussy Riot didn’t just offend the government, they offended many people as well.
If they did this to a Clinton, probably be dead

I recently read a person was arrested for quietly praying near an abortion clinic, wonder what the sentence will be?
Must be pretty brave as well I guess, braver than most?
edit on 25-12-2022 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Here is a video of the song and dance in question.

www.youtube.com...

If they did this to a Clinton, probably be dead

You just did this to a Clinton with those exact words.

new topics

top topics

join