It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Neuro-COVID and autoimmune issues, etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The study title was too long to include in the thread title.

I had promised a thread on covid related autoimmune disorders. It would make for a very long thread to individually address each organ that is being affected, so I decided to focus on the neurological aspect of it, and this one study gives a good idea of what is going on with that. There is still a lot to be learned about these covid related autoimmune issues.

These researchers specifically looked at the damage being caused to the brain and other neurological damage being caused to people suffering from a severe case of long covid. 

Long covid individuals with varying degrees of neurological complaints were included in the study.The research team examined the cerebrospinal fluid and blood plasma of these patients with samples from a control group in order to discover characteristic changes associated with neuro-covid. They also followed up with the participants' symptoms 13 months later.

The researchers found a connection between an overactive immune response to covid and the neurological symptoms, particularly in the group with the most severe neurological symptoms. These people displayed signs of blood-brain barrier dysfunction, which the authors hypothesize was likely brought on by a cytokine storm.

The overactive immune response led to the discovery by the researchers of antibodies that specifically attack areas of the body's own cells and are indications of an autoimmune response. Additionally, they discovered that the microglia, the immune cells responsible for the brain in particular, were overly activated. They also found that those with severe neurocovid symptoms had a lower brain volume in the same parts of the brain.

They were able to link the signature of specific molecules in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid to an overwhelming immune response in the brain and reduced brain volume in certain areas, as well as neurological symptoms. Future studies will look for these biomarkers in a larger group of people in order to create a blood test that can already identify serious instances at the onset of an illness, such as neuro-covid and long covid. The same biomarkers suggest possible therapeutic targets that could be used to stop covid infection-related collateral harm.

A lot of pretty diagrams at the link to look at.

Severe Neuro-COVID is associated with peripheral immune signatures, autoimmunity and neurodegeneration: a prospective cross-sectional study

The full study opens for me without being logged into anything. Let me know if it won't for you and I can find an alternative link.

Abstract
Growing evidence links COVID-19 with acute and long-term neurological dysfunction. However, the pathophysiological mechanisms resulting in central nervous system involvement remain unclear, posing both diagnostic and therapeutic challenges. Here we show outcomes of a cross-sectional clinical study (NCT04472013) including clinical and imaging data and corresponding multidimensional characterization of immune mediators in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and plasma of patients belonging to different Neuro-COVID severity classes. The most prominent signs of severe Neuro-COVID are blood-brain barrier (BBB) impairment, elevated microglia activation markers and a polyclonal B cell response targeting self-antigens and non-self-antigens. COVID-19 patients show decreased regional brain volumes associating with specific CSF parameters, however, COVID-19 patients characterized by plasma cytokine storm are presenting with a non-inflammatory CSF profile. Post-acute COVID-19 syndrome strongly associates with a distinctive set of CSF and plasma mediators. Collectively, we identify several potentially actionable targets to prevent or intervene with the neurological consequences of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

I will make other threads taking a look at the way different organs are also being affected by covid related autoimmune issues.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Thanks for this. As someone who suffers neurological symptoms from Covid, it's a nice change of pace to see some recognition of the problem. Many doctors haven't known what to do with it, so there is a lot of underdiagnososis or misdiagnosis of these problems.

Edit:

The article you posted is interesting, though, aside from brain fog, it doesn't cover my most prominent neurological symptoms. I do wonder how much of it applies, though. What a nasty disease covid can be.

The article below discusses additional prevalences of more neurological symptoms.

www.nature.com...
edit on 19-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: eta

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Almost 3 years later and I can still barely smell anything...and most stuff doesn't smell like its should at all if I can smell it. I know its neurological and hope one day someone figures out a treatment that can help reverse it. I feel lucky though compared to a lot of the more severe symptoms I've heard of.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't know if it's related to Covid, but my vitiligo has really spread over the last year. The last few days, the areas of spread on my arms have been itching to the point of madness. Nothing helps, not even corticosteroid creams. The doctor says the spread is definitely due to my immune system being ramped up.

I still can't smell many things and I don't tolerate some tastes now. The ringing in my ears seems like it's gotten worse as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Bioweapons certainly have side effects, just not as bad as "cures" for bioweapons.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Without adequate comparison to long term damage from other coronaviruses and flus, this info doesn't mean much other than we know people suffered and many are not getting adequate treatment.

All body systems can dysfuntion with extreme illness, so is covid worse than the traditional versions? Doctors misdiagnose on occasion and may not be as experienced in some areas in medicine, such as neurological which seems to be one of the biggest symptoms of covid damage. I'm saying this because I lost my hearing from some flu/cold in 2005, and my sense of smell to a lesser degree. which I still have holes in and a few scents have never smelled the same again. I think it was from having a high fever for a couple weeks.

Back when flu deaths were more common, due to lack of antibiotics, there was a period of illness where their lives hung in the balance and if they recovered they often had damage that would haunt them for life. If the lungs were damaged the next flu could take them. It's really not surprising that covid left so many damaged but it may not be any worse than some of the other nasty viral colds and flus that people have historically suffered.

That doctors don't know what to do, or refuse to recognize long term consequences, is a huge problem.

Not saying this to downplay any one's experience, but if covid damage is not worse than historical flus then much of the "long covid" media replay is being used as propaganda and may be used to cover any possible vaccine damage. Without separating the statistics I don't know how treatments can be found, especially if there are genetic components that increase vulnerability. They should be studying this because those people will be more vulnerable to any future bad flus/colds that badly affect the area they had the worst damage.

Wish you all the best in healing. Horrible thing to have hanging over one's head.

edit on 19-12-2022 by igloo because: logic

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A lower histamine diet and avoidance of foods with enzymes that destroy histaminase is benifitial for controling autoimmune issues. Also some foods stimulate the muscles to secrete histamine containing chemistry that can cause problems if the histamine is not being used at the right time.

I control some of my own autoimmune issues by doing this. It isn't a perfect remedy but it sure helps. But my problems are more genetic in nature and I am not sure if this will help in this case with changes of the virus. This would be worth investigating. I am not going to take antihistamine medicines when I can just regulate my diet. The problem with antihistamine and immune suppressant meds is they dampen too much immune system processes that protect us, so moderating it with diet seems more feasible to me.

So will this work....I do not know because I can't test on myself unless I were to quit what I do to see if I start getting problems the next time I get covid....which I am not willing to do. I have had two cases of covid for sure which were mild plus the original one early in the pandemic which I evaluated as most likely covid because it matched the alpha symptoms pretty close but there were no tests available to get at that time. That first one was not bad but it was not very good either, I was more tired for almost a month than I usually am that time. The second one I was run down for about a week, the third time I was tired for a couple of days.

But I was consuming antiviral chemistry in all three cases which does also lower histamines and histamine release. I cannot take the flu shot because of a cytokine storm but never have had a flu that caused me much illness even though the wife would be sick with it for many days.

That is my experience with testing and evaluating myself, but it probably does not apply to most other people. The wife was vaccinated against covid with the Johnson and she gets way sicker than I get with Covid. But she does get the flu pretty bad too even with her vaccine which she does not seem to have any reaction to the vaccine. Her diet is way different than mine, if I ate like her I would probably be dead and if she ate like me she would probably be sick all the time because her immune system is way different.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's interesting you bring up histamine. I've recently learned about histamine being a potential issue for those with long covid, this, I've started taking an antihistamine in the morning. I've noticed I feel better throughout the day. Most notably is my energy levels and reduction in brain fog. However, I still have the slight tremor, myoclonic jerks, and fasciculations. You're correct, taking an antihistamine everyday isn't feasible so considering a low histamine diet will be necessary.

What does your diet primarily consist of and what are the main foods you avoid?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

First and foremost...

Did they distinguish between jabbed and unjabbed?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A lower histamine diet and avoidance of foods with enzymes that destroy histaminase is benifitial for controling autoimmune issues.

I know I'll get flack for it, but the absolute bar none best diet for autoimmune issues is the carnivore diet.

Everyone - EVERYONE - who has autoimmune issues, even seriously life debilitating issues spanning decades, gets essentially 100% elimination of ALL symptoms very quickly, within days, weeks, or months in some cases.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

First and foremost...

Did they distinguish between jabbed and unjabbed?

of course they didn't. That would give the game away

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: tanstaafl

But interestingly, since they didn't, they still gave it away, since they would absolutely have distinguished between the two if it made the un-jabbed look bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

But interestingly, since they didn't, they still gave it away, since they would absolutely have distinguished between the two if it made the un-jabbed look bad.

oh yeah. trouble is they can't find enough unvaxxed to complete their statistics because we've not been ill nor visited a doctor in years.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

oh yeah. trouble is they can't find enough unvaxxed to complete their statistics because we've not been ill nor visited a doctor in years.

And most of us (all?) would likely not participate even if they could find us and ask...

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I can't see many unjabbed going to any health professional if they can avoid it.It has got a bit stressful over the years as it is. So they must be virtually non existant in the medical stats now.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A lower histamine diet and avoidance of foods with enzymes that destroy histaminase is benifitial for controling autoimmune issues.

I know I'll get flack for it, but the absolute bar none best diet for autoimmune issues is the carnivore diet.

Everyone - EVERYONE - who has autoimmune issues, even seriously life debilitating issues spanning decades, gets essentially 100% elimination of ALL symptoms very quickly, within days, weeks, or months in some cases.

I tried a pretty much carnivore diet for my epilepsy, but there were some undesirable metabolic side effects with it for me, same with the full Keto diet. I think that I would have those side effects too if I tried to do it for autoimmune issues.

I would love it if I could eat a carnivore diet, but even though I have some Inuit genetics in me, I do not have enough to eat that kind of diet on a regular basis. Especially now that I am older, seems like my enzymes keep reducing since I got over sixty.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
You could try this technique a Chiropractor came up with:

"Tempe Chiropractor claims to have quick fix to restore taste and smell post-COVID"

Let me know if it works for you.
edit on 16-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Covid was a bio-weapon

The "vaccine" was an amplifier.

The "vaccines" serves both as a way to cause excessive inflammation in the tissue AND as a way to teach the virus the best possible antigens.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
John Campbell's latest video covers an interesting case titled:
A Case Report: Multifocal Necrotizing Encephalitis and Myocarditis after BNT162b2 mRNA Vaccination against COVID-19.

Surprisingly, only spike protein but no nucleocapsid protein could be detected within the foci of inflammation in both the brain and the heart, particularly in the endothelial cells of small blood vessels. Since no nucleocapsid protein could be detected, the presence of spike protein must be ascribed to vaccination rather than to viral infection.

edit on 16-2-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<<   2 >>

join