It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Says He Awarded Uncle A Purple Heart—But His Story Isn’t Possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Isn't there a definite flaw in somebody's personality when they feel the need to exaggerate completely unimportant and irrelevant anecdotes? It's more than an insecurity it seems to almost approach the realm of a pathological liar.

nypost.com...

[url]https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/12/16/biden-says-he-awarded-uncle-a-purple-heart-but-his-story-isnt-possible/?sh=32d8a6256a55[/ url]

President Joe Biden appeared to make a major gaffe Friday when he claimed that after being elected vice president in 2008, he awarded his uncle, Frank Biden, a Purple Heart for his service in World War II, but there are some major holes in his story--primarily the fact his uncle died almost a decade before the 2008 election.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
"My dad—when I got elected vice president—he said, 'Joey, Uncle Frank fought in the Battle of the Bulge ... and he won the Purple Heart,’" Biden said.

Biden recounted the story at a town hall event on veterans benefits on Friday, saying his father—Joe Biden Sr.—encouraged him some time after the 2008 election to give the Purple Heart to Frank Biden for his service during the Battle of the Bulge, claiming he deserved the medal but had never been awarded it.

The president's father died in 2002; his uncle died in 1999.

Biden claimed his uncle told him, "I don't want the damn thing," when it was presented to him because many he served with did not survive the battle.

There doesn't appear to be any record of Biden giving his uncle the honor—the president hasn't mentioned the story in the past, there have been no news articles written about it and Frank Biden's name does not appear on a list of recipients held by the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, though the list is incomplete.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment from Forbes.

edit on 17-12-2022 by putnam6 because: added New York Post link as Forbes link isn't working

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

False memories are common in dementia patients. This guy is mentally unfit to be President, but the Left says he's doing a great job. At what ? Finger painting ?
edit on 17-12-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Biden is a pathological liar. It’s crazy that no one calls him on it or that it never sticks. Remember when he had like 3 degrees and graduated top of his class? Remember when he said he was arrested in Africa?
Remember when he admitted to Jon Stewart his coal mining uncle story was a bunch of crap?

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

False memories are common in dementia patients. This guy is mentally unfit to be President, but the Left says he's doing a great job. At what ? Fingering painting ?

Making boom boom in his pants. And eating ice cream. (he also has two scoops)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

He is excelling at being a distraction. Perhaps the role he is meant to play.

(post by franklen removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
a reply to: DAVID64

He is excelling at being a distraction. Perhaps the role he is meant to play.

Perhaps in the bigger picture, but in this instance just talking with veterans, not sure this has any distractionary value at all. It's a nondescript meeting.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: franklen
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

LOL, that's a mighty big whataboutism blanket you are throwing over everybody here on ATS

I don't like it when any person in power does this, whoever it is. Exaggerating, embellishing, and outright lying to ingratiate themselves to an audience is an old salesman technique, and as an old salesman, I despise the tactic.

Everybody knows Trump had a bit of the shyster New York businessman in him, Biden was supposed to be the nice honest grandfather figure who was gonna tell it like it is. Instead, he comes up as a shady used car salesman trying to sell himself to a group that could care less if he awarded the medal or not.

edit on 17-12-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 17 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
At what ? Fingering painting ?

Ummm...Fingering...painting...

That's a hoot of a Freudian slip...

And perfectly describes the mental acuity of the...ahem..."Commander in Chief"...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: franklen

then you would say he did not mean that and begin to try to explain what he meant

You mean like The White House has been doing since Bumblin' Joe got in office ?

I dont believe anything you guys put in writing... show me the President saying it.

There's video in the link. But I guess you didn't bother, huh ?

Look, on a personal level, I don't like Trump and I wish he wasn't going to run in 2024. I'd rather see DeSantis run.
BUT....
Trump did good things for the country and could have done more if not for the stonewalling from Democrats. He would be much better than re electing Joe or any other person the Left can dig up. At least Trump tried to make life better for the average American.
Biden, Harris and the radical Left have done their best to tear this country apart and we can't take much more of their "leadership".
edit on 17-12-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I know. I caught that and went back to edit. Probably should have kept it in.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Whatabout Adam Schiff, he lied a lot. Whatabout Fat Jerry Gnaddler, he claimed Antifa was a myth. Whatabout......

whatabout making a thread on the things you want to talk about and not be a DERP using idiotic whataboutisms to deflect from the idiot we are currently discussing?

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Why do you come here?
Are you an alphabet person?
Are you one of those degenerate progressives?

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another Fantasy Lie to satisfy inner deficiencies 😕

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This only happened because his handlers cut off his access to little girls' hair.
edit on 17-12-2022 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Trump said outlandish things because no matter what he said his words actually were twisted.

To this day he is still being purposely misquoted, not by the average Jane or Joe on the street, but by the Talking Heads of mainstream media.

It should be clear that Trump does troll the left. Having said that I will admit Trump has an ego unlike any I've ever seen and I do think he misrepresented the office of POTUS as far as his mouth goes. But that is not negate the fact that he is the best president in my lifetime for making the economy prosperous and all of the work that he did for people of color around the world and his outspokenness on China.

I'm just curious, does it bother you at all that all the things the left said Trump would do like get us into wars are what Biden has done? Almost everything they cried Trump would do has been done by the one they put in office.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Grammatical renovations.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

Go after the ball not the player.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It's not so much the lie itself, rather the impact of the story behind it

--Confucius c.500bc

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

6 Personality Traits Narcissists Have In Common, According To Science

1) Constant Lies & Exaggeration

2) They Are Never, Ever Wrong (WH Press Secretary will vouch for that!)

3) They Can Rationalize Anything (With more lies.)

4) They Project A False Image

5) They Use or Control Others (Even the babysitter and their own children!)

6) They're Constantly Creating Drama

I read a study once that said all career politicians have a much higher than normal degree of narcissism, and that that trait was probably what allowed them to remain and succeed in their field; a more well-balanced person wouldn't be able to withstand the constant public assault.

That would explain all the old dinosaurs in office that refuse to relinquish power. Narcissists do like controlling people, and the more the merrier.
[www.bustle.com...]

edit on 600000011America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Oops! Adding link.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join