It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I knew it :(vaccine related hearing loss)...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

Just putting this thought out there, could the increase in hearing loss be due to more people having more time during the Covid lockdown to get their hearing checked and this is the reason for the increase, and the stats, like all Covid stats, are just now being put out there?

And other reasons ...

www.who.int...

www.audicus.com...

There is no lack of sources online.

edit on q000000431231America/Chicago4242America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000451231America/Chicago4040America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: adding more proof

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: MaxxAction

Just putting this thought out there, could the increase in hearing loss be due to more people having more time during the Covid lockdown to get their hearing checked and this is the reason for the increase, and the stats, like all Covid stats, are just now being put out there?

And other reasons ...

www.who.int...

www.audicus.com...

There is no lack of sources online.

Lockdowns do contribute a lot in damaging the health of humans. Especially the long term lockdowns which are catastrophic and especially for those who are young and healthy.

I don't know whether you are from the UK but there was a good article from one of their scientists on the Guardian (left wing newspaper in support of restrictions and the narrative)

www.theguardian.com...

Britain got it wrong on Covid: long lockdown did more harm than good, says scientist

We did serious harm to our children and young adults who were robbed of their education, jobs and normal existence, as well as suffering damage to their future prospects, while they were left to inherit a record-breaking mountain of public debt,” he argues. “All this to protect the NHS from a disease that is a far, far greater threat to the elderly, frail and infirm than to the young and healthy

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Well, I believe, worldwide, everyone, especially youth, had more on screen time and subsequently more noise(?).

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We certainly did get a lot wrong here, hardly surprising with Boris and Matt "Dick of the Year" Hancock in charge.

There is an ongoing Public Inquiry into this.

I expect it will be scathing.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

No...

these are re-tests. When covid started, our offices closed for three months, but that ended in june of 2020. Most of our patients got back to normal as far as medical appointments shortly thereafter. There were a few that remained scared into staying in their houses for a few more months, or even a year.

We test people every 12 to 18 months depending on their history. Many of the ones I am seeing with these big changes in hearing loss are seeking help ahead of the time their next test should be because they know something has changed and they aren't hearing well.

There is no other explanation that I can find.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction

No...

these are re-tests. When covid started, our offices closed for three months, but that ended in june of 2020. Most of our patients got back to normal as far as medical appointments shortly thereafter. There were a few that remained scared into staying in their houses for a few more months, or even a year.

We test people every 12 to 18 months depending on their history. Many of the ones I am seeing with these big changes in hearing loss are seeking help ahead of the time their next test should be because they know something has changed and they aren't hearing well.

There is no other explanation that I can find.

So are you saying these patients that needed re-testing were patients before Covid?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

We certainly did get a lot wrong here, hardly surprising with Boris and Matt "Dick of the Year" Hancock in charge.

There is an ongoing Public Inquiry into this.

I expect it will be scathing.

But was it ever possible for lockdowns to work?
These are not epidemiological measures. It's just panic and ignorance blended together.

I think one of the very good epidemiologists from the UK Sunetra Gupta was arguing continuously not to get into lockdowns and so do many other well known scientists. It seems they didn't understand the long term effects lockdowns have on health, wellbeing, and the economy which in turn in the longer term reflects on the first two.

If the lefties were in power in the UK lockdowns would have been probably even worse and longer.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well China gov't are not lefties and they were implementing lockdowns with an iron fist.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well China gov't are not lefties and they were implementing lockdowns with an iron fist.

They are not lefties I know.
They are communists. Even worse!!!
I mean...No comparison!!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

I mean...No comparison!!

I'm getting tired of all things Covid being politicized, is all.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I mean...No comparison!!

Indeed the politicalization of science is unacceptable. Well... The Covid campaign is one of the most politicalized as well as the most absurd campaign ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I mean...No comparison!!

Indeed the politicalization of science is unacceptable. Well... The Covid campaign is one of the most politicalized as well as the most absurd campaign ever.

What's sad about this is that the politicians took their cues from the medical professionals, who were initially stumbling along, waiting for study results, and only changed policies after new evidence emerged. Everyone was at varying periods of confusion all along the way, and still it appears.
edit on q000000391231America/Chicago1414America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The majority of them were...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The majority of them were...

Well doesn't this shed a light on the fact that most of them had problems to begin with...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They wouldn't be my patients if they didn't...

did you read the original post??

Humans typically start suffering age related hearing loss in their early 60s. If a person worked around a lot of noise, took the wrong medications for extended periods, or had serious illness, a person can start into this area of their life with a pre-existing deficit that is complicated by aging.

Age related hearing loss will typically only cause a 1% to 2% shift down in thresholds from year to year, and everyone's hearing can vary by 5 db from day to day based on fatigue, diet, barometric pressure, and a few other variables, but sudden shifts down in hearing are not an every day occurrence under normal conditions. Most times we will see big drops in hearing once or twice a year.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They wouldn't be my patients if they didn't...

did you read the original post??

Humans typically start suffering age related hearing loss in their early 60s. If a person worked around a lot of noise, took the wrong medications for extended periods, or had serious illness, a person can start into this area of their life with a pre-existing deficit that is complicated by aging.

Age related hearing loss will typically only cause a 1% to 2% shift down in thresholds from year to year, and everyone's hearing can vary by 5 db from day to day based on fatigue, diet, barometric pressure, and a few other variables, but sudden shifts down in hearing are not an every day occurrence under normal conditions. Most times we will see big drops in hearing once or twice a year.

I did read your OP but did you read other posters' subsequent research and sources they provided to you regarding the increase in hearing loss in young people, and probably every other age group too?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I am subscribed to three different Audiology journals, and am required to do ten hours of continuing education a year, so yeah I am familiar with all of that.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I am subscribed to three different Audiology journals, and am required to do ten hours of continuing education a year, so yeah I am familiar with all of that.

What I am noticing with every thread and study that is sourced, that puts Covid as the leading cause, they do not take into account coincidence, rises in cases of certain conditions ... you get my drift. Some studies seem to look for the result they want and construct their methodology to find that result, some don't, but at least they say more research is needed in the conclusions. The same applies to sudden death stats that are blamed on Covid or the vax, where are the autopsy records and subsequent stats. I believe more research is needed before we can, without a doubt, point to the vax.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I agree with much of this...

My experience is anecdotal or empirical. It's not a double blind, peer reviewed study by any means, and should not be accepted as scientific evidence. However, when you take all that we do know into consideration, and the timing of everything, there comes a point when common sense and real world experience has to figure into how we form our opinions on the current state of affairs.

Furthermore, "science" has become a high paid whore that will do whatever you want, and say whatever you want her to say if you have the money. It is not to be trusted, and especially so if the research budget is being handed out by the CDC, FDA, NIH, fed.gov, or any other government entity. It is rotten through and through, and the majority of these people will live to regret their choice to tow the company line when they find that the public no longer gives a single # about what they are saying.

We have all known someone who is a straight up liar. When you first meet them, it may take a bit to catch on, but once you do, you know that the majority, if not everything that comes out of their mouth is bull#. When you know a person like that, you know that they aren't to be trusted, and it gets proven over and over. Same with our science/medical institutions, organizations, and industries.
edit on 21-12-2022 by MaxxAction because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
petermcculloughmd.substack.com...

COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects: "I Can't Hear You"
Risk of Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss Doubled in the Elderly after Vaccination

By Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH

Loss of hearing in the elderly is common affecting both the patient and the people around them trying to communicate. I have noticed many of my vaccinated elderly patients developing progressive hearing loss. Nieminen et al have conducted an extensive hearing assessment of patients in Finland after COVID-19 vaccination and compared them to the unvaccinated. The data suggested each successive shot increased risk for hearing loss. However, the most important results are in the supplemental tables which demonstrate the elderly and those with risk factors for hearing loss are pushed over the edge by COVID-19 vaccination.

Their risk for sudden and substantial loss of hearing is more than double those who wisely deferred on the vaccines. The Spike protein produced by the vaccines is a neurotoxin damaging nerves throughout the body and likely having more of an impact in nervous tissue which is already degenerated such as the auditory nerve. It is also possible the Spike protein incites inflammation leading to fibrosis in the tissue holding the stapes or stirrup which is a bone bone in the middle ear, the annular ligament, or the oval window all involved in the conduction of sound vibrations to the inner ear. If you have an elderly person in your circle who has been vaccinated, check on their hearing and do not fall behind on progressive hearing loss which if unchecked, can lead to social withdrawal and insidious depression.

So here's the results of a study from Finland on vaxxed-vs-unvaxxed and incidents of sudden sensorineural hearing loss. The data appears to show that the risk is doubled if you've been vaxxed and boosted, and the more shots you take, the higher the risk becomes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join