It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest scientific breakthrough of the century could spell the end of all life on Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

ETA; Lots of folks saying: if we know now, they knew for a LOT longer than us
Absolutely, I agree. But that isn't the point here-
The question is, that they brought it up now

It becomes a matter of public discourse and global recognition
Top-level policy discussions will use this as leverage, and economically
And it will make its way back into the hands of its controllers, evolved

Us peons will only know so much, but to have it announced finally
Opens doors for the world to understand its implications and discuss it
This is the first of those discussions on ATS. Take it as you will

And happy holidays to all

You've likely seen the headlines by now:
US recreates fusion
'America has achieved a tremendous scientific breakthrough'
US scientists reach long-awaited nuclear fusion breakthrough
ATS article on it before the official announcement

The greatest scientific breakthrough of the century could spell the end of all life on Earth

That's the US Energy Secretary officially announcing the breakthrough, saying that-
BEFORE energy uses, we first have a new nuclear deterrent. YAY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atomic energy was the change that many believe
made us a threat as a species to the cosmos.
Hiroshima/Nagasaki were devastated by atomic bombs.
They were pretty big booms
Hydrogen bombs used a fusion reaction as well as fission,
and make a WAY bigger boom.

Pure fusion weapons would make an even BIGGER boom,
and in a smaller package- but there's an added bonus:
They're relatively 'clean'. Gamma radiation after a nuclear war
would be a concern of the past.
These things emit lots of neutron radiation,
but it's far less of a concern in the long-run

Remember: The key deterrent to nuclear war was never
'lots and lots of people will die'
It's always been
'lots and lots of land and critical infrastructure will be unusable for generations'
Their main concern has been with
contaminating their property, not killing their property

Hiroshima/Nagasaki all but rebuilt and regained function in just a few short years
I'm certain that some global powers would DROOL
over the prospect of... Let's just call it,
a few million square miles of available real estate- think 9/11

Inside job or not it was Silverstein's lucky break-
billions in renovation costs GONE
A whole New York complex wiped clean,
ready for his building plans for free
(actually he made billions in insurance claims)

A clean nuclear war? Sounds climate friendly!
Hold on to your hats
edit on 13-12-2022 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

I’m not worried.
Gonna be a long time before that can even power a single lightbulb for 5 minutes.
A long time.

Unless, “they” already have it…..ahem, ahem.
Somethings in my throat, sorry.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

If we know now........

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly.
I always reference the "30 Years" rule of thumb. What we know right now is generally about 30 years behind what the military actually has. I'm not entirely sure most people would even want to know at this point. Knowledge of it is probably not conductive to a good night's sleep.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm not worried because I'm an Interdimensionalist.

Whatever happens, happens in a localized area.

A cataostophic event might end all life on one level or construct, but it will persist on the Primary Construct.

Multidimensional theory.

Simulation theory.

Whatever you want to call it.

Don't panic!

Eveything is gonna be ok.

I once blew up an entire hydrogen based reality just by lighting a cigarette.

The phenomenon lasted a fraction of a second, and then a "blink" and I was just walking down the street smoking and nothing had really changed except for those poor bastards in that other reality that I indavertantly annihilated.

I still feel kinda bad about that.

Oh well.

Live and learn.

edit on 12/13/22 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity and spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We already have weapons based on this "new" technology.

Have had it since mid-last century; it's called the Thermonuclear Bomb, or H-bomb. "H" stands for hydrogen, and the bomb uses a fusion reaction to generate a blast much stronger than a comparable Atomic, or fission, bomb.

The only thing a controlled fusion reactor will be producing is heat energy, which will be converted into electricity.

Which we, also, already have.

What are you afraid of, again?

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Pure fusion would be on a whole other level

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well they had to come out with something after the dog boy tranny cross dresser non bino nuke wierdo got fired from the department of energy for stealing luggage. Reject, deflect, and distract, think your nit in the circus? Think again 🤡 🌎

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

They are exaggerating.

It's not something new.

We have had fusion with more energy out than caused it to trigger, ever since the H bomb.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is a video of the film made of the first test detonation of a fusion bomb, Castle Bravo in 1954.

It is long, long past time to worry about a 'new' fusion bomb. It is just two years short of seventy years ago now.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Oh man, good post!!!!
You made me LOL.
Thanks, needed that…

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavelength
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly.
I always reference the "30 Years" rule of thumb. What we know right now is generally about 30 years behind what the military actually has. I'm not entirely sure most people would even want to know at this point. Knowledge of it is probably not conductive to a good night's sleep.

And black budget program's are 30 years beyond what the military is playing with.
Think "Men In Black".

It's quite sad how quickly people in the establishment are already talking about weaponize this discovery. But like previously mentioned there are probably already weapons of this nature in existence. So in the end it doesn't really matter anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

“This is a video of the film made of the first test detonation of a fusion bomb, Castle Bravo in 1954.”

And they screwed the pooch doing it too.
Surprise!

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Long shot attempt to keep oil prices low because the SPR is about to run out.

It's about to get very painful to live in the US and the leftists need to cling to power.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

What if we are in the “primary construct”?

That changes things…….no?

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes, it was much bigger than the experts expected.

A video about Castle Bravo.

The worst word that can be said in anything involving atomic energy is 'oops'.
edit on 12 13 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Castle Bravo was the first to utilize fusion reaction
Still used fission, and releasing gamma radiation
The implication here is PURE fusion bombs.

Look up pure fusion weapons. The internet says they're fictional
Look into their potential power, it's potentially immense
Tsar Bomb looks like a firecracker in comparison

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

How can a pure fusion bomb be any worse than a fision triggered fusion bomb? They both deal with the energies of fusion that power the Sun.

Make a bigger one? Possibly. Make one that is entirely different and super stronger? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I am American and I don't trust America anymore.

That's all.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The Primary Constuct is mainly buildings and material things with no soul or long lived sentience.

There, Death is Death.

I shudder to think what would happen if the Primary Construct was threatened with such events.

I value Life and the thought of innocent people being hurt troubles my heart greatly.

Most lifeforms are sacred, and because they have souls there are protocols in place to protect their consciousness and "blink" them to an unaffected reality where the catestrohpic event never occured and is not noticed by the majority of beings.

Some call it "God's Grace" protecting Life in experiemental and hypothtical constructs.

I know in the Primary Construct the rules are much different, and sometimes very violent and bloody.

In my experience, when I pulled out my zippo and went to light my smoke when I heard a concerned voice exclaim "Wait, don't!" and instantly realized that I was walking through a "pocket dimension" where the environment was almost pure hydrogen. For whatever reason I cannot explain, my body was behaving normally and not experiencing any ill effects from the unique atmosphere, but I did suddenly crave a smoke (maybe to regulate chemicals or something in my bloodstream and lungs, I cannot say, not my field yet) and I was already lighting the cigarette before I had time to register and make corrective actions in response to the warning.

I experienced a flash of everything around me being ungulfed in flames and before my phusicallity had time to register the sensation of being set alight, I had "blinked" and the experience was over. My conscious mind was shifted to a safe reality in the Primary Construct before it had the chance to register pain or experience any discomfort other than the realization that I had inadvertantly destroyed a variable parallel system.

I felt bad, worried I had caused suffering to other sentient beings, and almost immediately realized that the other beings had "blinked" like I had, and weren't casualities to the effects of my unintended destructive actions. Something else was overseeing the situation, and in it's wisdom and to it's credit, did not allow innocents to suffer pointlessly for such a small thing, and not to worry because the system is self regulating in such occurances. No one around me even acted like they had noticed anything unusual happening.

This does not mean that there are no casualities on the Primary Construct if something goes awry.

Death is very real, and eventually comes for us all in one form or another, but I have been in situations where I firmly believe I have "died" in one version of the Construct but my consciousness continued on in another version and another body as if the event never happened.

Case in point, a car crash that the last thing I remember was bracing for impact against a telephone pole, feeling the impact and the restraint of the seatbelt, and a sudden blink where I had hit a streetsign five feet to the left of the telephone pole.

There were a crowd of concerned citizens who appeared almost instantly after the impact, and I was somewhat dased and reorienting myself to the experience, and when I exited the vehile and surveyed the damage done to the front of the vehicle (the engine block had been completely cratered and my velocity must have been faster than I had been aware of, because there is no way a street sign pole could have done that much damage unless the density of the Primary Construct was dense enough and the phsycial makeup of my vehicle was less dense at the time of the impact because of my rate of velocity....my instrumentation was registering my speed at 35mph but I have relativistic doubts about that but I won't get into it right now because my understand of physics is somewhat limited at the moment).

I do belive there is a Creator(s)/Overseer(s) to this Universe and I am greatful I was spared.

It simply wasn't my time, but that poor Bronco I was driving was completely totalled.

Cars can be replaced and repaired easier than human lives.

My heart goes out to anyone in a reality who has ever found themselves in a hospital bed recovering from an impact, as I know from experience healing from such things can be very painful and an endurance test, not to mention expensive.

May God Bless First Responders and Medical Professionals who deal with matters of Life and Death on the Primary Construct.

Not everyone is as lucky as I was in that crash scenario.

Be careful, don't take stupid risks, but also don't live in fear.

Have faith and keep smiling, hope for the best and live one day at a time.

Ok, I'll stop proselytizing and shut up now.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 12/13/22 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar, spellin' and such

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join