It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Cox - Is The Whole Universe Inside a Black Hole?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Brian Cox has never been one for flights of fancy but even he is coming around to the fact the evidence is building for the Black Hole hypothesis as the reason for the creation of our Universe.
Listen to the last minute of the video from 9 minutes onward.

"While the idea that we live inside a black hole sounds fascinating, scientists need experimental evidence, so how can we test the universe inside a black hole idea?"

Then it says there could be a way to do it, but no such evidence is discussed, nor is any specific method for actually doing such a test. It says we still need a better understanding of gravity (perhaps quantum theory of gravity) implying we may need that first to be able to devise a proper test, so I still don't see any experimental or observational evidence building for this idea as you suggest. Maybe a mathematical hypothesis, but that's far from real "evidence".

Perhaps we can't rule out the universe being in a black hole until we devise a proper test for this idea, but we can't rule out Richard Feynman's "moogles" either, so I don't read too much into that.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What about simply the existence of gravity? The conceptualization of time? which to me IS a measurement or litmus for proof that there is a significant possibility that everything is indeed inside a black hole..quantum black hole maybe?
I didn't realize actual smart people would consider such an adventure..pardon my outburstlike mentality, I'm simple.
While trying to explain how to exist in a broken infinity without being alone I got fuzzlebummed..for me the concept of broken infinity is fairly easy, as well as imagining its existence inside of some sort of 'black hole'…we are obviously trapped somehow…lets figure how to get out.

Aspects and attachments..infinite numbers..or do each of us have a finite number of aspects to our individual self? Do some have more aspects throughout infinity than others..Older souls if you will..You ever try to find someones aspects across infinity, I have…that's how it broke..The eternal embrace reversed..now its butt to butt..like I said…sad.
Attachments would be infinite or finite..I think these things are finite because at least for now we are flesh and a person can only stretch so far..

a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

Gravity the weakest force, far weaker than electromagnetism for example.

And yet it is one of the greatest forces that shape our reality.

In brane theory (as in membrane) it is theorized that our universe or rather the reality we perceive is due to the interaction between several membranes (or membrane universe) colliding in true space also called super space which is a place outside of our understanding of space, in this super space there may be an infinite number of membrane universe interacting and colliding with one another and these collisions allow the different properties of these membranes to interact with one another.

One theory postulates that gravity is from another membrane universe and that is why it is so weak yet also so strong, it is almost as if our entire universe is like a sandwich of layers of membrane universes, gravity is below ours and perhaps the one from which the force we know of as time is from another and there interaction is what creates the dimensions as we know them.

Imagine that mass is nothing but space crunched together in a knot or standing wave form at right angles to the time space continuum as we perceive it moving at just the right frequency to create the illusion of solid objects from our perspective as we move right along with it.

But if you stretch out our universe it is like a tissue lain over a wet sheet that is the underlying membrane from which gravity comes, were our membrane is crunched up into matter it is still at a one to one interaction with the underlying membrane universe from which gravity comes BUT it is not at a one to one interaction with the membrane from which the force we know of as time comes, so time is literally squeezed out by gravity and in these areas (black holes) our membrane universe is devoid of time (so time all but ceases to exist at the event horizon of the black holes).

Time is destructive to us but it is also the only reason we are here.

So IF you were able to stand at the exact opposite of a black hole, a white hole a billion years, a trillion may be just a second or even less if you were to be far from it, time is not like gravity in this sense as it appears not to be at a one to one ratio though it is almost so in most places and it even's out eventually so we can not see things moving faster due to faster time as by the time we perceive them that time appears to be the same as our local time because we are then part of it.

Generally more time existed in the past, it wants to flow back to it's membrane universe, gravity is the opposite that tore the whole in our membrane verse and inverted it at the heart of a super giant black hole (or maybe one the size of a pin head or smaller it does not matter so long as it was equal to and for the brief instant of it's collapse pulled at more than the maximum energy of the universe on that tiny point at it's quantum centre and inverted it because right there is where time - and energy - entered through an inversion caused by gravity Pulling outward in all directions until it ripped our membrane and inverted it).

What is time, it is a force and an energy that is not yet understood but if you were able to see it you would see yourself as a log on a stream moving with the current, if you were able to stand beside it and see it you would see our entire reality as just ripples on the current that come and go and there may be in that same time stream many other reality's that are other ripples on the current ahead of and behind us some very different to our own.

A great philosopher once said that time is the fire within which we burn but it is also the fire that gives us physical life and there is no energy without time at least on the ripples we know of as our reality and our universe.

But I am getting too philosophical here so best leave my comment at that.
edit on 14-12-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join