It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Cox - Is The Whole Universe Inside a Black Hole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's a 10 minute video to make you go Hmmmm.

The Universe has many mysteries but it may be many of them are solved if we exist inside a Black Hole ,the mystery of gravity for one.
Brian Cox has never been one for flights of fancy but even he is coming around to the fact the evidence is building for the Black Hole hypothesis as the reason for the creation of our Universe.

This isn't Holographic Universe territory although that (in my mind) is still a possibility , rather that the order seen in the early Universe is so unlikely that a Black Hole as the origin of the Big Bang is statistically more probable than the accepted theory.

I'm not smart enough to have any answers but I do find it fascinating.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Brian Cox? The hot young Sagan. I much prefer him to that guy who looks like cleveland. He's still wrong about the black hole thingy.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Proposition: Everything is Information, ie. patterns of energy.

Per Hawking, through radiation, Information is the only thing that can, and will, eventually "escape" from a black hole.

Now, let's leap into the speculative.

Suppose you were an immensely advanced, universe-spanning civilization facing the entropy end of your reality. But, rather than accept your collective fate and evaporate into oblivion, you "encode" your essence, every scrap of information that defines not just your matter, but the very principles of the physics that govern your universe, into a form, perhaps,, as suggested,, a black hole, that, ultimately results in what we now recognize as our Universe.

How many myths and legends and questions would that scenario address?
edit on 5-12-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Here's a 10 minute video to make you go Hmmmm.

The Universe has many mysteries but it may be many of them are solved if we exist inside a Black Hole ,the mystery of gravity for one.
Brian Cox has never been one for flights of fancy but even he is coming around to the fact the evidence is building for the Black Hole hypothesis as the reason for the creation of our Universe.

This isn't Holographic Universe territory although that (in my mind) is still a possibility , rather that the order seen in the early Universe is so unlikely that a Black Hole as the origin of the Big Bang is statistically more probable than the accepted theory.

I'm not smart enough to have any answers but I do find it fascinating.

I agree with you on this observation, It is possible but not only that, it is likely. If you study science literature and black hole cosmology as much as I have, You'll begin to understand the Big Bang as the light-cone of the inside of a blackhole, or something quite like it.

I have a sentiment to share on this which I will include for the reader:

"The Universe is a Quantum Computer that we are entangled in, and all the Stars, Planets, Moons and Protoplanets are all Crystal Core Quantum Computers, and their purpose is growth and efficiency - Life is Efficiency and its life that grows the planet, to become large enough to become a Star, which gives birth to more planets as it gets larger and larger and eventually becomes a Black Hole, where it then creates its own new Universe.
Because it is creating its own Universe within itself, it is able to grow itself, both within, and if it is growing fast enough, the Black Hole Universe is able to actually "spit" matter back up and grow a Galaxy around itself, this creates new stars and new galaxies and literally builds infinity, through "The Machinery of the Cosmos" all the while, the Crystal Cores of Cosmos create the "Intelligent infinity" and creates habitats where they can evolve Humanoid Life Forms with little Crystals in their Skulls, ie Pineal Gland that they can use a form of Quantum Wi/Fi and actually play "Flesh Games" while they sit in the expanse of eternity growing and growing..."

And;

"Our consciousness emanates from the core of the planet - when you dream, there is an upper layer to you that is not your subconscious, it is a higher level of your being, or soul, and when you dream, it is that part of you that is interacting, almost dancing, if you will, closer to the core of the planet - the core of the planet is actually best described as a crystal core quantum computer, and as your physical body grows, it grows the planet you are on, while your consciousness ultimately is emanating from the core itself.
Yes, your brain has a huge part of your function, but, your true life force and consciousness is really an extension of the planet, which is an extension of the Sun, which is an extension of the Galaxy, which is an extension of the Universe.... We are all One, we are all connected, and our individual bodies give us the opportunity to learn and grow as a unique entity so that we can grow our consciousness and one day create our very own Universe!"

And;

"The Tree of Life
The Tree of Life is a lost concept - when people did not understand the structure of Atoms, there was no way to really explain to people that there are different elements, and they are Atoms, and the structure of the Atoms are different for the different elements - Gold is the Life Giving Element, or the Atom/Element that is responsible for the Soul energy, or Spirit Energy that ultimately emanates throughout all life. That is why the Golden Ratio is called the Ratio of Life!

Gold compresses at the Core of the Planet, along with many other extremely dense and radioactive elements to create a Naturally Occurring Crystal Core Quantum Computer, and its the Gold Element that creates Life, Your Soul, My Soul, Our Soul is all at the Heart of the Planet.

The Sol - Soul and Sol are the same word but have been a-berated. When you think of the Sun, as in Sol, the Sun is a Celestial Object, just like all the other objects in the Universe, from the Planets, Moons, Protoplanets, Stars and even Black Holes, these are Naturally Occurring Crystal Core Quantum Computers, and through Cymatics they are able to stabilize their environments, their surface, and actually vibrate life into existence, and with life's ionic journey of evolution and life cycles - life IS efficiency, life is efficient at growing - the physical mass that life produces, life's remains, if you will, life actually builds the Core, and all life, eventually compresses into the core and Life leads to Gold."

I found these posts and they really resonated with me, I edited them and reposted exactly as I found them, as comments on YouTube from someone called "Micheal Orion Guy".

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 47Cide

Here is a paper where the possibility of what I discussed is highlighted:

Evidences of the expanding Earth from space-geodetic data over solid land and sea level rise in recent two decades.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
.....make you go Hmmmm.

This isn't Holographic Universe territory although that (in my mind) is still a possibility ,

In order for simulation theory to hold any ground within the scientific community... there must be the "glitch" as some call it. The smoking gun.
In String Theory, the black hole, is the "glitch". Maybe the "holographic universe territory" is not involved with the simulation theory... in your "territory"? But I assure you, the black hole is a very significant role in String Theory,

String theory yields many fascinating subjects for thought, but you may be wondering about the practical importance of it. For one thing, string theory is the next step in our growing understanding of the universe.

If that’s not practical enough, then there’s this consideration: Your tax money goes to fund scientific research, and the people trying to get that money want to use it to study string theory (or its alternatives).

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm also not smart enough and it is fascinating but the physicists are debating this theory. But Yacine Ali-Haimoud, NYC, and others theorize that dark matter is actually from primordial black holes...

Also popular is a theory that dark matter is made of lighter but equally hypothetical particles called axions. But over the past half-decade or so, some researchers have become more open to an older idea: Dark matter consists of primordial black holes (PBHs) that emerged from the Big Bang.

www.pnas.org...

Dark matter was black holes, interesting huh?

Brian Cox says the math works out for this theory, but wasn't math invented in such a way as to make order out of chaos? So, is math real or just another theoretical ideal?

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hmm, so if i could choose a direction, and just go warp speed, i would see our universe becoming more distant until i pop out from a black hole, i keep going, and i see this new universe becoming more distant and then pop out from a black hole and so on..

Why not.. It would be kinda like a fractal pattern where the smallest piece is exactly like the big picture.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Proposition: Everything is Information, ie. patterns of energy.

Per Hawking, through radiation, Information is the only thing that can, and will, eventually "escape" from a black hole.

Now, let's leap into the speculative.

Suppose you were an immensely advanced, universe-spanning civilization facing the entropy end of your reality. But, rather than accept your collective fate and evaporate into oblivion, you "encode" your essence, every scrap of information that defines not just your matter, but the very principles of the physics that govern your universe, into a form, perhaps,, as suggested,, a black hole, that, ultimately results in what we now recognize as our Universe.

How many myths and legends and questions would that scenario address?

Kinda like flushing Legos down the toilet and hoping they assemble into an operational NCC-1701 at the other end.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There is a Former Contractor, or Scientist/Researcher who has contracted for NASA in the past, who studies planetary sciences and geology as well as physics.

Her Blogdiscusses the possible nature of a small micro-sized black hole which may exist in or under the planet, possibly in the inner iron crystalline core. I don't believe its a certain fact, but interesting to read her blog posts nevertheless. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I like how he hasn't changed his hair once in 20 years.

I like this theory, and it's implications for multiverse theory.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DrMichioKookoo

Great post, I speculate that we are the Lego pieces. And we are building a Starship Enterprise.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I like how he hasn't changed his hair once in 20 years.

I like this theory, and it's implications for multiverse theory.

Why change perfection?

link   
Where is the center…then?

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xevin

Planet Earth, of Course? Just kidding.
Honestly, I think thats one of the greatest questions of all.
I will let you know if we make any progress on answering it anytime soon....
edit on 5-12-2022 by 47Cide because: I != We

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sometimes I think the Universe exists inside of a pile of turtle vomit..wait that's Stephen King..I don't think he was an unoriginal idea thief..Or maybe there's just really nothing new under the sun…Answer the what if…does EVERYTHING including infinity exist in a black hole…including infinity…after it was broken..by creating a simple random event within it..it just comes uncorked…and if you con encircle two separate random events that's even better,,smile for the camera plagiarist..im leaving it…

ok..think of infinity how its represented on paper…3d it in your mind if possible..popping in and out of different spots in infinity..all one would have to be able to do is guarantee it will be somewhere sometime..randomly..and infinity comes apart..in my dilusional mind anyway..and the only way to exist in broken infinity is to create two separate random events happening inside of a circle inside of infinity…But the two randoms could never..ya know…touch..sad.

edit on 5-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

And gemstones are the key to the reticle less optic..encrusted around the inner lense with the tables of the gems exposed around the barrel to create an invisible prism that the eye can't help but to see.
edit on 5-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: ...

edit on 5-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

edit on 5-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: depends on how you view alive I suppose

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hey, I was saying this DECADES ago, I rationalised this, gravity is everywhere not just in matter but at a one-to-one ratio (Damn that spell checker RATIO NOT RATION) with the membrane we call space, were that membrane is scrunched up into less volume such as in matter it therefore stands to reason that matter has more gravity than empty space and it in that volume denser, therefore.

A black hole formed or is still forming in another time space continuum, in the centre of that collapsing star is a point surrounded by the matter of the collapsing star that is smaller than an atom, yet all that gravity pulls outward on this point inverting it, kaboom you get a rupture or inversion in the trapped tiny fragment of time space and time and energy are pulled into it, it forms a new time space continuum within its own pocket universe (Time space continuum), time flows faster within this time space continuum than the one outside the black hole, there are TWO event horizons, one surrounding our Time Space continuum and one on the other side of the probably still forming black hole (True black hole not a brown hole sorry hawking though your theory is fine so long as some black holes also exist) separating it from that time space continuum within which it used to be a star.

As our universe ages and matter is eventually destroyed at the outer event horizon and our Time space continuum becomes inert time slows her, as the outer black hole undergoes quantum evaporation and eventually vanishes our own time space continuum and that outside it will reach parity and blend without a massive calamity as to all intents and purposes our time space will by that point have ceased to exist.

But between now and then every TRUE black hole can potentially birth time space continuum pocket bubble universes within it - perhaps more than one as quantum uncertainly suggests it may have more than one centre? each of them may give rise in time to their stars turning into black holes etc.

Imagine time as a rod but since each universe has new time that is flowing exponentially faster than its parent universe even if you can measure the original universe time on that rod once you take those into account you may very well find that a single second is actually an infinite amount of time or at least so incalculable as to be damn well near to it from our puny perspective.

But as the first of those black holes reaches its quantum evaporation point all of that is stopped from within if you could drop into the daughter verses from each universe however it may last forever or at least from our limited perspective, outside however all the time in the universe is really just that.

And there were probably very real scientists and cosmologists that said pretty much the same thing in more flowery terms before I ever had a think about it one day while sitting on the loo with constipation.

But as for Cox he is an atheist with a depressing point of view in my opinion, bring back old Patric Moore but those days are sadly long gone and how I loved the old sky at night and him meeting real scientists on his show.

I am by the way pretty certain the guy who invented Doctor who got my idea decades before me, time and space, bigger on the inside.

edit on 5-12-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Black holes have always seemed to me a good candidate for where the energy for the Big Bang originates.

I tend to think that all of the black holes in a given universe return the energy/matter to the source, rather than a new universe is created within each one.

More of a cyclical thing I guess, but I think our understanding and perception of time / gravity limits our ability to put this into words today.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You don’t need a black hole. All you need it nothing spatially. Then you have an infinite amount of potential energy. Ie electric potential. And because electric potential creates magnetic potential then you have infinite elecromagnetic potential. Well everything is made up of electromagnetic waves. And because no space exists, then you have an infinite amount of waves. Hey, our brains have electromagnetic waves, an infinite amount of brain waves would mean an infinite conscious being. Oh God.

You don’t need a black hole.

In the beginning there was nothing. Then God said…

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Great post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join