It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I curse my new neighbor for destroying the land

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I had a friend who purchased some land, and then had the trees cut down to sale to a lumber mill. He made enough money that it paid for the land. I wonder if that is what you’re seeing?

He hired a company to cut the trees and they took the wood.

I was even a bit amazed how they took a tree down and through the wood chopper in under 2 minutes.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Yuck. Wonderful neighbors.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Unfortunately I can't tell you what I would do, but I've seen buildings go up in flame during a nightly thunderstorm.

So your pro-American, freedom of thought and expression, liberty and justice for all suggestion is arson to destroy someone's home, legally built on their own property?

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

No, I'm just saying accidents happen...

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

my parents moved into the countryside the plot next door was vacant and some idiot bought it, next thing he is tearing out trees on the river bank but got fined by Scottish water and Environmental protection as the river is protected for breeding fish and the trees protect the river bank from erosion.
He has also been through 5 architects as apparently he doesn't like their plans.
He moved the neighbors fence on the edge of the land and the neighbors sheep got out.

So he has pissed off a whole bunch of folks in the neighborhood without ever really living there.
I'm sure he split with his wife now and has to sell the land.
Good riddance to him , shame that it has happened to the land near you.

Can you plant trees on your own property?

Do you have hawthorn trees , hear they are really good at getting trees growing naturally

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So, only you are allowed to clear an area for a house? No damage was done to animal habitat when you built on your property years ago?

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skolbiggs22

oooooooh, did you make an account yesterday just to bump my thread?
What a nice troll!

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Reading your post, and others, things like this seem to happen a lot....

There are hawthorns in the area I think,
I don't have much room to plant more trees, it's already a thick full foliage (think that's the right English word?)
Maybe a couple next to the fences, there's enough light for new ones now that the land next to me is empty, but I'm sue the forest will take care of that itself

edit on 6-12-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I did read your OP and the first page and a half of comments.

I can relate to your distaste for the destruction of ecology and habitat. On the other hand, I think it is unwise for you to hold it against the neighbor for developing his property as he sees fit. The negative energy you create with all of that is not good for you.

Actually cursing somebody over it is all kinds of wrong though. You incur karma for that kind of stuff, and it can have real results which might be beyond or different from what you expected. Regardless, the karma...

If it were your property that would be a different story. If he takes down the old fence and then doesn't put up a new one, then that's a different story. Lights up the fenceline with a defoliant, I'd run right over there and tell him to not spray any of that onto my side, and then proceed to try to talk him out of using it at all. If it were me though, I can't blame the guy for wanting to have his place how he wants it. It is his private property after all.

I tend to share your tastes in general though, I'd guess. I prefer to have a yard be as natural as possible, though I can also appreciate good facilities and infrastructure. The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have the best of both worlds, if you build it right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join