It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect I wasn't a believer until now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Depends on the brand. Also search engines will "normalize" a search in an attempt to grab as many results as possible That's why "Insta Pot" returns results for "Instant Pot" as well. It's the same with early any "misspelling"

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Yeah, me and old "Ock" go way back.

I remember that time at the Bacchus Festival when he got so drunk he stripped off his clothes, grabbed a lantern, and started walking the streets looking for an honest shave. Next day he tried to explain to the Council of Wise Elders that there was a simple explanation. Good times.

Good to see you again my friend.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interestingly, we are almost 10 years from 2012, and a lot of people think that's when all the well known Mandela effects started. A few days ago I heard two different people pronounce the word urinal in a way that sounded very strange to me, they pronounced the "i" like "eye". The first time I heard it I just assumed that person pronounced it differently, but then I heard a completely different person say it the same way only a day later and started to wonder if my pronunciation was wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Here’s one, yes, after 2012, and the Mayan end of the world as we know it…

I was at work on my job (Job??, hehehe) computer lurking around on ATS, reading about MEs, when I see that the spelling of names for “well known” entities have changed (big example is Berenstein Bears).

I went to a website to look up Pete Townsend lyrics to his fist album Empty Glass and found it! Now I was overjoyed because everywhere else online was showing “Pete Townshend”. So, I was going to screenshot the site (lyrics.com) when I got off the main page and had to hit “refresh” on my browser…

From there on I only can find “Pete Townshend” (heck, my smartphone doesn’t correct ‘Townsend’!!). That happened online while I was searching for an example of ME while I watched!!

I am now wondering if these minor spelling changes are meant to make us notice that ‘something changed’ and is some kind of communication? (Looking at ER=EPR and maybe we can “effect” the “negative-verse” in some quantum way that appears as a QM entanglement “real world” way in our “space” except for the memory of how things were before the change…?? But my mind melts and I need a beer to loosen up but lose the loosen and enjoy not thinking such heresy!)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher
My father called his insta, so when I went to buy one all I kept seeing what instant pots. So I called him and asked what it said on the actual appliance… instant pot. That was two years ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I got to say this has taken me by surprise and the proof is out there everyone who owns a Insta pot look at it now it now says "instant pot"
am I loosing my mind lol I just walked in and was cleaning mine and noticed it no longer says Insta but now is just Instant -

I guess this is how the Mandela effect come around I could swear to you I believed it was "Insta"

Not much content for my post other then the Look at your pots !!!!!!!

Is this stuff real ????

Yes, this is how the Mandela Effect works - by planting a false memory and then "proving" it's wrong.

Until you mentioned it, no-one gave a thought to the name. But once you mention the word (in this case, "insta") many people will have sudden'ly "remembered" that that was indeed the name. Even if it wasn't.

(although has been shown already, in this particular case, both names are actually correctly in use!)

It's an old parlour trick

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
ironically in Michigan I blinked and now there is an "insta-pot" shop on every street corner...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've had 2 personal Mandela Effects with my car that I've owned for over 20 years.
The first was when a friend who was downsizing his collection, gave me a set of nice wheels to fit my 63 Chevy Belair. They would not fit the bolt pattern. He said they came off his 66 Chevy ElCamino. He gave me a different set and those fit. They didn't fit his ElCamino. I worked for 3 winters at a full service gas station in the mid 70's near Buffalo. We changed a bajillion snow tires, often on extra rims. Back then, ALL GM cars except Cadillac, with a 5 log bolt pattern, had interchangeable wheels. Chevy fits Olds, fits Pontiac, fits Buick, they all went either way, 14 and 15 inch diameter. Now, there are 2 different bolt patterns. I checked, there are standard and heavy duty/station wagon patterns. (brain melt)
Next was more recent.
In August, I went and got the oil and filter to change in my Chevy. 5 quarts oil, 1 filter.
Now, it takes 6 quarts with the filter. I don't think my containers were underfilled, as my truck took it's prescribed amount.
I even drained out more than I usually do from the car, but I didn't think about it until after I came up short on the refill. My owner's manual still says 4.5 quarts with filter, but I'm watching it for change.
Along with all the other less personal changes, Berensteen Bears, KitKat and Looney Toons et.al, I think our reality is purposefully being manipulated before our eyes, but by whom and why is the big question.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Most likely caused by Instagram. Take on Instant and Telegram, which are mind embedded terms. Things that are Instant become insta and Telegram is not used anymore as it is outdated so Instagram becomes the replacement word.

I will bet that a lot of things that start with Instant and replaced with Insta end up combined.
edit on 1-12-2022 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If souls can exists in multiple reality in parallel, then perhaps something is causing a collapse or mass deaths in one or more realities (dimensions). This may have unintentionally cause a merge and would explain why some people remember things from the reality they came from. So some souls are now for some reason merging into bodies of themselves in a slightly different reality. This is what we then perceive as the Mandela Effect! LoL just some random musing.

InstaPot for me in my mind anyways ... until now.
edit on 1-12-2022 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I always thought it was insta pot too. I just went and looked, and by golly it’s InstantPot. However since the A is colored red, it might psych the person into not seeing the whole word with the nt.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't remember any Insta Pot or Instant Pot... I'm guessing this would mean there are several alternate universes at play.

Also, The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) first started up in September 2008, the term "Mandela Effect" was first coined in 2009, and the first-ever "Instant Pot" was introduced back in 2010... interesting time frames. 🤔

Coincidence? I think not! 🤪

edit on 05120531am312022Thu, 01 Dec 2022 11:05:44 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A ME that confused me lately, and I believe is just my lack of anatomy knowledge, is the location of the kidneys in the human body.

I always thought they were pretty low down in the back near the sides and kind of in the hip area but they're more closer to the lungs, just in the ribs and much bigger that I thought. Could be bad data I am looking at too, just Google kidneys and look at images.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It's the only things that makes sense with the evidence there is. If it was Mandela (which I do remember learning, he died in prison.) Then everything around it would change as well. That yugioh card not being Tune World... Its very existence is based off of the Toons. Maybe Toon and Tunes can be both the same but the shorts I grew up with had very little to do with music at all.

Seeing as Looney Toons only changed from a number of things mainly images off the internet it only makes sense. Something messed up and has gone unnoticed. The dead internet theory.

I've never owned an Insta Pot so sorry to the OP I can't say one way or another.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just adding in to the mess. Lil experience along similar lines. Happened some 30 years ago. Just kinda used to it by now. Although nowadays I merely phrase it as "jumping realities" and idontknowanymorequickly get over it. Check if you will. And maybe tell me.
Lyons Illinois there is a quarry. Two holes on both sides of road leading up to "Vulcan" (??) Factory. (I admit I could be wrong about the name. Double syllable word beginning with a V.) Ok. Who cares. That's not the point. The point is throughout the 70's and much of the 80's this factory was painted in green and orange horizontal stripes. Everywhere including the the big long tube shoot thingamajiger. As a kid, I thought it was a big candy factory. I loved seeing it and always knew it was coming up after passing those 2 large ominous quarry holes on either side of road...etc.
Somewhere in the early 90's I happened upon this road and was saddened to see my beloved "candy-factory" all painted white.
I asked "when did the Vulcan factory paint everything white?" This I asked of my parents siblings and friends. The answer was always the same:

"It was always white. What are you talking about?"

"It was green and orange striped!"

"No, you are wrong. It was always white."

That was the first time for me. Doesn't matter. I digress. The point is:

You enter this world alone. You leave this world alone. You are all you've got. (Best make friends with yourself...giggle. )
The point is: (oops) "It's" always changing. Quietly. Subtly. Hardly noticeably. And for folks like me dependant on constancy, certainty, "knowledge ", predictably...etc.. It's....what it is but also way too exhausting to speak of. Again, it doesn't matter. Because wherever you go, the whole world/"show" goes with you. Including all people. You are alone. Depend on nothing but the sun in the sky.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

" proof is out there"

No it isn't. There's NO proof and it makes zero sense anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Not saying this didn't happen to you where you're at, because I've seen very strange unexplainable things happen many times over the years. (Not in a long time though).

But me and the Missus bought one of these pots in 2011 and it said Instant Pot then, and I just checked it and it says Instant Pot. I remember it always being Instant Pot. (At least I'm 97.5 % sure it did.)

Yeah, just thinking about the word Instant is how I have always seen it on the label.

This is ours.

edit on 4-12-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
People are remembering it wrong, its the MUGABEE EFFECT!.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I know how you feel I thought russia also put men on the moon until a couple years ago. i have vivid memories of it happening but was shocked to "find out" it diddnt happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Something i probably just remember wrong, but to me winter solstice day has been allways around December 24-26 .

Now it says it`s on December 21 .

Mandela ? Most likely the error is just in my memory . But why after all Years i start feeling that the day has been later ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join