It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk teases Twitter Files on free speech suppression: ‘public deserves to know’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
From FOX News

Elon Musk on Monday teased forthcoming files that will reveal how and why Twitter suppressed certain accounts at the expense of free speech.

"The Twitter Files on free speech suppression soon to be published on Twitter itself," Musk tweeted Monday, without elaborating. "The public deserves to know what really happened…"

Critics, particularly those on the right, have long criticized the platform for what they regard as unfair and obscure standards regarding which accounts are censored or suspended.

I am very interested to see - not what he reveals with this - but what he doesn't reveal.

I suppose that the documentation he will share will validate his previous comments; that's almost a given.

But given the nature and amount of data available to him (presumably) there is so much he can discern about the way Twitter itself contributed to the weaponization of information and the tandem cooperation of all the major platforms we have been convinced to trust.

I hope this doesn't devolve into something off-topic. I'm trusting you guys.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All I have to say is that Elon Musk better have a foolproof and redundant dead-man switch at the ready.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Elon didnt epstein himself.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

*sigh

Liberal’s meltdown #8,731,979 incoming.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Personally, I think Elon should’ve just concentrated on building his rockets and getting humanity to mars.

Instead his wasting all his time running this multi billion dollar social media platform lemon into the ground.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Instead his wasting all his time running this multi billion dollar social media platform lemon into the ground.

This is predecated on a guy who revolutionized electric cars and space travel?

Wow...the logical disconnect is real.

Link

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
. . . . . any questions, just Google it 😀

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I admit, I kind of expected trouble with this thread.

It isn't just 'liberals' who are loudly afflicted on this topic though.

I just can't believe that in this day and age of digital 'savvy' people fail to realize the potential of unfettered access to a communication log between what are effectively 'conspirators' and 'agent provocateurs.'

We already have seen documentation about Facebook's foray into weaponized data delivery. We know it has been used overseas to effect... well... popular uprisings, riots, violent activism, and more. That this was being carried out at the same time as "initiatives" to encourage and discourage their users to great effect.

As of the debacle of forced social engineering for the recent virus chaos, we KNOW that Twitter figured greatly in manipulative actions.

Now, as a Musk enterprise, he is proposing to demonstrate definitively the abuse of the platform's management for all to see. I wonder where the masters will hide?

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yeah well, that was kind of my whole point. Now his onto his new big project… twitter.

How far the mighty have fallen.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Personally, I think Elon should’ve just concentrated on building his rockets and getting humanity to mars.

I mean, you act like the guy can't multi task.
Plus, people WANT this?

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yeah well, that was kind of my whole point. Now his onto his new big project… twitter.

How far the mighty have fallen.

Even though I showed you how hes grown tweeter?

None of your words make logical sense.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well... to quote RazorV66 *sigh*

- Not that I don't care about the fact that Musk's PR has him billed as industrialist extraordinaire and many see that for what it is...

- Not that people seem to be mistaking the persons' image for the event or topic being discussed (I see that a lot)...

- Not that the fate of TESLA or the space industry isn't worthy of discussion...

BUT this thread was intended to explore the topic of a alleged upcoming report about the processes which were put into place that made Twitter the arbiter of what their users could actually say to each other, or anyone.

I'm not here to dictate what you say... I'm here to try and get this topic mulled around by interested members.

It's OK to not be interested in that. But if you're not interested in that, why are you here? Yeah, I get it, Musk is repugnant to you - you're reasons are your own... but I didn't ask if you like Musk or the image surrounding his exploits.

I wonder how much bot activity was "invoked" by Twitter in pursuit "creating a better world" for the people they were obviously serving? Can you imagine it?

We hate "XYZ" so lets make a few hundred bots "like" or "share" all the negative stuff we can identify.

or how about

We love "XYZ" so let's have a few thousand extra "bumps" for their stuff.

THAT DATA IS IN THE TWITTER DATABASE.

Will we see that I wonder?
edit on 11/28/2022 by Maxmars because: formatting - dang it!

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

BUT this thread was intended to explore the topic of a alleged upcoming report about the processes which were put into place that made Twitter the arbiter of what their users could actually say to each other, or anyone.

Understood but since there is nothing but supposition, rhetoric and theories without any facts yet....here we are.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well I just sent an appeal to reinstate my account after they gave me a permanent suspension a couple years ago without ever telling me why.

Personally I don't care either way but I'm curious on the outcome under the new regime.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Understood but since there is nothing but supposition, rhetoric and theories without any facts yet....here we are.

OK... I'll bite.

Is the supposition to which you object identifiable? For example, could I discuss this taking as granted that such suppression did happen. Is that in contention? (No, seriously, are we entertaining that Twitter did not systematize the process of 'excluding' select voices or messages?) I mean if you can explain how this is a false precept, it would help my understanding. Also, to which theories are you referring? Is there something I am asserting that doesn't rise to the level of creating a thread to discuss it? Perhaps this thread should not exist?

Unfortunately for me, you have eliminated the primary tools for discussion in one swoop. Supposition, theory, and rhetoric are all tools I often use (not to be confrontational, you do as well - it's virtually impossible not to here.)

edit on 11/28/2022 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Plus, people WANT this?

Nah, the majority seriously don’t.

Personally I disagree with what twitter did, blackballing conservative opinions like that… But the fact is it’s what the majority wanted.

Elons way off here and is going to sink twitter into the ground. Like I said earlier, he should of stuck with building his rockets and stayed out of all this nonsense completely.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The replacement of abnormal people with normal people at Twitter is still in process. You may not be reinstated as quickly as you would like. Still much sabotage occurring.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The Bide Administration is keeping an eye on Twitter !!!!

What's that supposed to mean?

Sounds and looks like a direct threat !!!

Karine be "calmly" angry!!
Jean-Pierre: "We are keeping an eye on [Elon Musk's Twitter]."

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

First, i have no control over what you post.

Second, one of those flags and stars are from me.

Onto the topic.

We know, they know, we know they know, they know we know.

Now, prove it.

Whats interesting is that this will be dropped in the public square...hopefully. And not handed off to an "authority," trusting that it will go wide.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Leftists are from what I can see split into two camps on this.

On the one hand you've got the vampires reacting to sunlight exposure types that are lashing out at Elon and in the other camp you've got the self proclaimed financial gurus begrudgingly advising Elon against "bad decision making".

What none of them are doing, and this is quite tragic as it highlights a certain amount of moral bankruptcy, is acknowledging the gravity of what Elon is doing and welcoming the transparency that will bring accountability to people who have acted in bad faith the implications of which will rock the world.

They are doubling down on a future of lies and manufactured advantage.

This is the behavior associated with sociopaths.

What if everything he is doing is so that he can meet the Wizard of Oz, even if his strategy in doing so is to do everything in his power to piss him off?

Not even Donald Trump has gamed the system as much as Elon, and he's only just beginning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join