It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The loss of Kherson has unleashed Discontent on Russian state TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We've been seeing this Russian panel discussion show for a while now but as the reality of the unfolding situation in Ukraine starts to become clear dissent is setting in on State TV , now political commentator and panelist Maxim Yusin has launched a scathing response to the surrender of Kherson.

Mr Yusin said many had seen the images emerging from the southern port city of Kherson, including those of Ukrainian troops tearing down billboards placed in the region by Russian troops.

He went on to describe how some in Ukraine had been changing the words inscribed on the signs from "With Russia forever" to "With Russia until November"
"It's twice as unpleasant when we ourselves are giving them an excuse to ridicule us," he said.

He went on to question why Russian had "set itself up like this".

"It was a fairytale! Those claims of unfounded confidence which continue to be heard often on TV in our country."

In the clip, Mr Yusin went on to deride TV pundits who had previously claimed Russia would reach the Polish border and said they were "clowns".
news.sky.com...

"With Russia until November"

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Huh, I didn't know "billboard" is the same word in Russian. They borrowed it from English.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In Sweden, it's pronounced "billborg."

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: gortex

Huh, I didn't know "billboard" is the same word in Russian. They borrowed it from English.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

This guy is upset and offended by billboards in Kherson?

What about this?

There is a lot worse things going on in Kherson than just billboards being vandalized. If it were to guess most Russians could care less about the billboards. But are probably becoming increasingly concerned like myself about these blatant abuse of human rights I see daily from the Ukranian military.

I'm also curious I didn't think people in Russia especially news personalities were allowed to have independent thoughts. So either this guy is controlled opposition, or he is already on his way to the gulag.

My money is on controlled opposition...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You're upset about people being ziptied to lamp posts?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Its what ur beloved Ukrainian fascists being doing for a while not just in Kherson.

edit on 15-11-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Who? My Ukrainian fascists?

new topics

top topics

join