It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woman behind "Just Stop Oil" Protests Interviewed by Sky's Mark Austin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"Just Stop Oil" is a Direct Action movement with the intension of doing what their name suggests , to do this they have defaced buildings and artworks and glued themselves to roads , more recently they've had a campaign on the M25 Motorway which has caused sections to be closed so people trapped on the road can't go about their business , work , hospital appointments and funerals.

The leader of this misguided bunch of idiots , Indigo Rumbelow , has given an interview to Sky News in an attempt to justify their actions and ... Oh my God !
Curiously enough she's just how I imagined she would be.

I guess the Yanks would call her a Karen , they'd get no argument from me.

Funny how most of the problems we suffer today seem to date back to the success of the "Me Too" movement ... innit.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Funny how most of the problems we suffer today seem to date back to the success of the "Me Too" movement ... innit.

It was a decent thread until this, and now I'm left with questions that do not pertain to the thread title, such as, how do you connect most of the problems we suffer today with the Me Too movement? How do you connect Just Stop Oil with the Me Too movement?

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Starting to think these fools are operated by the oil companies..
Their methods are delusional,and they are making the public hate them,which is opposite to their supposed aims.

Not advocating violence here-But Why not target the major companies/top execs/bankers/private jets if their real aim is to shut down oil?

They know full well blocking roads and throwing paint in art galleries is doing squat.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It seems from the inability to answer any of the questions put to her the movement is run by an angry women who believes the World should run to her belief system , she has no argument for why the groups methods are justified just that they are because of "Climate Crisis" , like the UK ceasing to use oil would make one blind bit of difference.

I feel sorry for the truckers stuck on the M25 who ran out of driving hours and had an unplanned night out forced upon them , and the people who missed hard to get hospital appointments.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirtWasher

It was a decent thread until this, and now I'm left with questions that do not pertain to the thread title, such as, how do you connect most of the problems we suffer today with the Me Too movement? How do you connect Just Stop Oil with the Me Too movement?

The me too movement was largely an anti-Trump movement. The OP is pointing out that positive movements generally get cooped by a political party and lose their message. Much like occupy wallstreet and the tea party both protests I attended until it became political.

These "stop the oil" protesters are no different. Throw them in the wilderness for a week and they would change their tune real quick.

Do you agree with them defacing priceless art?

Why aren't they protesting outside British petroleum headquarters rather than bothering people who probably in a sense agree with them?

I don't see activists I see useful idiots...

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We may rarely agree on things...

But you are spot on here.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"Just Stop Oil" is a Direct Action movement with the intension of doing what their name suggests , to do this they have defaced buildings and artworks and glued themselves to roads , more recently they've had a campaign on the M25 Motorway which has caused sections to be closed so people trapped on the road can't go about their business , work , hospital appointments and funerals.

The leader of this misguided bunch of idiots , Indigo Rumbelow , has given an interview to Sky News in an attempt to justify their actions and ... Oh my God !
Curiously enough she's just how I imagined she would be.

I guess the Yanks would call her a Karen , they'd get no argument from me.

The thumbnail pic says it all though she is being unreasonable. She just acted as if the economic issues weren't a concern.

FWIW she didn't say anything about the MeToo movement perse but she did dabble in Women's suffrage insinuating that it took courageous women to fight for those rights. She isn't necessarily wrong but it's an incredible leap to use that as a reason to attack big oil using their methods. I despise big oil but... somebody needs to explain that if we kill big oil without effective and sustainable options the ensuing economic collapse will kill even more people quicker than the dangers of big oil.

#2 it was the 70s eco-warriors who put the kibosh on nuclear energy, whereas if the nuclear tech was further developed there would have already been less dependence on oil, dare I say there could be nuclear buses even nuclear automobiles if the nuclear industry wasn't so heavily regulated. I mean we aren't going back to the horse and buggy, FWIW the only reason it was replaced is that the combustible engine was more reliable and scalable, we must find the same reliability and scalability to replace oil.

getjerry.com...

Could a thorium-powered car be feasible?
One potential nuclear fuel that could be used to power vehicles, at least in theory, is thorium. In fact, Interesting Engineering recently provided a rundown on a 2009 project called the Cadillac World Thorium Fueled Concept Car.
Just what is thorium? Like uranium, it's a nuclear fuel, but it's much less radioactive than many other nuclear fuels out there. It's also much more abundant, making it a potential resource for those hoping to design a nuclear-powered car.
Cadillac's thorium-based concept car made its debut at the 2009 Chicago Auto Show as a display piece. It never actually had a nuclear reactor installed, however, and never moved into the actual production stage.

edit on 11-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Shame they disabled comments on this video; I'm very curious to see what the average folks would say. I'm not a big fan of the thought of hitting a woman, but sometimes it would just make sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
She makes me like their cause even less. What an obnoxious narcissist.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

A naive moron, true convert to the eco-freak cult.

"Millions will die" , YES, but not of " climate change" but by inability to heat themselves in winter or move around food if we don't have oil or gas

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What a sweetheart.
She musta been delightful as a child growing up. She is bat crap doolally crazy.

She didnt answer one question put to her she just went off on one.

new topics

top topics

join