It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microscopy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is so amazing!

Microscopy. Hooke (totally underrated in total if you ask me, and a really weird guy if you read a biography about him) had his only real big success (aside from the law of springs) with a book full of drawings of what he saw through his microscope.
Now we can all actually watch them all move about.

Yeah Science!

This one is probably my favourite.

Foraminifera

Foraminifera are unique in having granuloreticulose pseudopodia; that is, their pseudopodia appear granular under the microscope; these pseudopodia are often elongate and may split and rejoin each other. These can be extended and retracted to suit the needs of the cell. The pseudopods are used for locomotion, anchoring, excretion, test construction and in capturing food, which consists of small organisms such as diatoms or bacteria.

wiki
Life is truly a miracle.

edit on 8-11-2022 by Peeple because: spelling

edit on 8-11-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I had a microscope when I was young. It came with dozens of pre-made slides and everything you needed to make your own. It was fascinating to me. When I left my job I took my microscope with me. Its digital and able to display to a pc and take pics. I guess my career path was determined at a young age.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The regenerating abilities of the stentor is something we normally read about in comic books.
I wonder if we can find the DNA structure in a stentor that gives that ability and copy paste it into a human egg.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Love the enthusiasm

However a little moderation before we go straight to 'experimenting on humans' would be great.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Do you still love it and do it?
edit on 8-11-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Spacespider

Love the enthusiasm

However a little moderation before we go straight to 'experimenting on humans' would be great.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Do you still love it and do it?

I bet there is some secret underground laboratory where these things are being done right now, including human cloning and enhancement programs.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wait a minut... got me thinking, should stantors not live forever, I mean the regenerating super powers should repair cell death ?

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I can sit there and watch these videos all day. They are amazing.

top topics

join