It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite airport?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I like the Denver airport for the mountain side view and the evil horse, the conveyor belt hallways are fun and nifty as well.

Phoenix is a great airport in terms of layout. Very easy to navigate from one end to the other.

Favorite store/gift shop in an airport is the Sub Pop Records store in Seattle.

edit on 5-11-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: It's a bird, it's a plane..

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: brodband

Favourite airport ever for landings and takeoff is Castlegar, BC, Canada.

Almost vertical in both instances.

It's fun AF.

Also fun AF is Juneau, Alaska. Coming in there on average sized commercial planes the pilots sometimes mentioned not to worry about the abrupt stops and liftoffs, the ocean and mountain on either end of the runway. Just short of 9000" long which isn't really short by Alaska standards.

My favourite is SeaTac because of all the Chihuly glass and room with weird sounds and buttons you can press. They have brass fish with suitcases pressed into the flooring in parts. One time my kids insisted on "swimming" along with the fish on the floor. Fortunately, they were toddlers at the time. It's a great airport if you get stuck overnight as no one seems to care if you find a corner and sleep on the floor. At least that was over twenty years ago. Haven't flown anywhere since.

Another favourite was Mexico City back then. Just press a button for customs, green good to go, red you get checked. I think that's fair and efficient. Hardly anyone got checked because realistically most people are just going point a to point b without any shenanigans. Made travelling so much less stressful.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dallas-Fort Worth.

They have a bar on the 2nd floor mezzanine that allows smoking inside the terminal.

I got lost every time I went there. If I was going to Texas it was fine, I'd pop out in the parking area but connecting to Mexico from Canada, somehow I'd end up outside of my area and have to go back through customs again. The longer my connection the more times I screwed up. I'd be looking for something to eat or a bathroom and pass unaware into US territory.

edit on 5-11-2022 by igloo because: word

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Awesome replies! Great to see where everyone is from too. Id love to visit St Petersburg.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

a reply to: igloo
Another favourite was Mexico City back then. Just press a button for customs, green good to go, red you get checked. I think that's fair and efficient. Hardly anyone got checked because realistically most people are just going point a to point b without any shenanigans. Made travelling so much less stressful.

That sounds like a nice, efficient system.

Another airport I like is Vancouver, BC. The totem poles, inukshuks, and other indigenous art on display is a sight to behold.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

a reply to: igloo

That sounds like a nice, efficient system.

Another airport I like is Vancouver, BC. The totem poles, inukshuks, and other indigenous art on display is a sight to behold.

Yah that Bill Reid carving of a boat with all the characters is something else, and it's huge(12' by almost 20'!) My favourite part is the central guy is called the "Ancient Reluctant Conscript" stuck in a boat with a bunch archtypal business going on. I can relate to the poor guy, lol.

Spirit of Haida Gwaii Wiki

edit on 5-11-2022 by igloo because: word

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   

St Petersburg is the most beautiful city i have ever been in.

You must visit it some day, absolute must.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is the antithesis of others exciting experiences, but the flight from Philly to Chicago first thing Monday morning and Chicago to Philly Friday afternoon is a great flight. It's all great business people who can manage themselves. It's a full house on a 747. Each seat has it's own tv and on-demand controls. Everyone files on and off with ease.

Nashville Airport greets you with live music as is everywhere in that cool town.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

One day I will get to see Russia and am excited for that day.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

edit on 2/28/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Las time I flew out of Harry Reid(Vegas) was 2010. I don't remember it being difficult but that's a while ago. It does, however, suck for picking up people. It's such a nightmare of traffic and you can't stop and wait so you have to keep driving out and around back to Tropicana Ave. Took me three trips around last time I picked up someone there.

DIA is creepy. That multi million(billion?) luggage system that didn't work(2010, it may work these days) was haunting and that horse is beyond creepy.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
My favorite airport is Incheon Airport in South Korea. It's one of the busiest and most well-equipped airports in the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have a soft spot for my memories of the terminal in Orlando, FL.

I think the Denver International Airport is cool as all get out with all the mysteries and weirdness surrounding it, but I've never been there.

Dallas/Fort Worth is intimidating and scary with all the traffic and levels.

Last time I flew in to DFW I was worried my parents wouldn't be able to find me waiting outside because everything was so confusing, but they're a lot more adaptive to such environments than I am and I didn't get lost.

edit on 8/14/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
I really do not like it there at all, plus this:

I had my car parked in the Nestle stacked parking garage, the one with the spiral ramp that always screams "DRIFT!!" at me.
On the 7th or 8th level. When we came back from the flight, I paid the fees on ground level and we went up the elevator to the car. Battery drained, dead. Phone, dead. At 12pm in FRA on the upmost floor, the lot almost empty, no people around, with a 4 year old.

Had to shove the car from beside the door, one foot in the car, the other trying to shove it to the ramp and then jump in and get it down the floors, trying to jump start the car by clutching in gear when we had speed. But I had to pick the outer ramps that are non spiral, because I knew we would crash in the tight spiral ramp with no servo pump.

# didn't work so there I was, one car length from the gate. A few cars drove by but no one had a jumper cable (I learned this lesson). I watched the counter outside that said how many cars were in there and it was just like 4-5, the lowest I saw, including me. Last car was a Mercedes SLK, senior couple, with a starter cable. Took us 10 mins to find the darn battery (it's in the trunk, under a cover).

So the car runs, they leave, we want to leave and of course I had to get out the car again, leave it running, run to the payment machine and shove another bill into there, because I overdrew the time they gave me between paying and leaving.

The airport is not at fault for this but it's also so big and even though I love driving, traveling to there is always stressful.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Nope, no Spaß in that experience.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join