It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: alldaylong

You know very well, you naughty man, you.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They need Farage.

Where'd he go?

fox news.

i was rooting for the black chick.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great source here:

order-order.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
A List of Things That Lasted Longer Than Liz Truss as PM

Kim Kardashian’s famously short wedding to Kris Humphries
A pre-Kanye Kim married the former NBA player and stuck it out for 72 days. That’s 30 days longer than Liz Truss lasted.

Most hard cheeses
Unlike Liz Truss’s leadership, most cheeses actually improve with age.

The ‘Daily Star’ lettuce
Congrats to the Daily Star and the shelf life of their chosen vegetable – they picked a winner.
An uncooked ham
You can stick an uncooked ham in the freezer for up to six months, which is several months longer than Liz Truss stuck around for.

Every single Love Island finalist couple from the most recent season
Do you know who has the charisma, resilience and sticking power to be prime minister? Ekin-Su.

The Tory leadership race
It took the Conservatives seven weeks to pick their new leader, and she left after around six. What was the point, exactly?

A McDonald’s meal
When the climate crisis finally finishes us off, alien archaeologists will uncover a perfectly preserved Happy Meal in the wreckage of our civilisation. This is a legacy that Liz Truss could only dream of.

There's more here link

But she did last longer than that Pope, who died only after a masonic 33 days! I think it was one of the John Pauls.

lady jane grey, 9 days asqueen. 1554.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The first thing that struck me immediately was Liz Truss smiling that "I know something you don't" all the way through her address. I don't think it has anything to do with the pension or 'expenses' account she has secured for herself when she retires, although it is icing on the cake.
I think Farage is right, the WEF 'young globalists' were spitting feathers over Boris and even more over Truss trouncing Sunak who is.
If we think chess here, Boris is not WEF to start with and got in as leader and PM mainly because of his Brexit stance. WEF of course wants UK back in the EU. If Boris secures his 100, and that is not impossible let's face it, then he can indeed crow that he was, aka conservative party, voted in on a landslide majority with a mandate by the country. Nobody can argue against that, its fact. The Tory grandee are, I suspect, right behind him as no way do they want to be dragged back into EU for starters.
We do have the issue of him still being investigated I believe. But by the time anything comes of that he will have parked his chubby arse firmly behind the dispatch box as PM and I wouldn't be at all surprised (although it is a bit more of a stretch) he'll have Sunak back as Chancellor, regardless of the fact that Sunak was Brutus. Although he might indeed keep Hunt, but I digress. The public wont care by the time the results of the enquiry into him come out, they are tired of all this. But he will be the only one that I can see at the moment, that could go to the country with a GE and secure yet another Conservative win, albeit with a much smaller majority probably. There is no way the grandee can risk a GE with anyone else in charge and Stammer (WEF) win and get in.
As far as the Tory grandee are concerned, they need a winner and Boris has a good record as Mayor and PM at winning and rallying people together.

Moving back to Farage, It will be interesting to see if he can pull off setting up a new political party, the man has a tenacious record, like a dog with a bone, we shall see.

The only dark horse I see here and nobody is talking about is Dominic Raab.

But what the hell do I know, I'm batting about in the dark like most folk at all the shenanigans.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Ahabstar

Done.

But in return you get Boris.

,😁

Done.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
When I saw she had resigned this morning, I was hoping that you post your opinion. I am unfamiliar, sadly, with how your gov. works so I always appreciate your posts. I hope you citizens and ours don't get so fatigued from all the GOV. BS that we just lay down........

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Rees-Mogg?

No chance....he's a Catholic.

I'm firmly in the None of the Above camp.

After they chose Truss I really wouldn't like to second guess what The Tories come up with next.....probably Sunak...

Hindu, protestant, Jew, Muslim or Buddhist prime minister wanted, Catholics Need not apply.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Not that it really matters what Boris says but check out the two minute mark.
edit on 21-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

If they give it to that over privileged, spoon stuck where the sun don't shine plonker, its game over for just about everyone and anyone thats not just like him.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Looks like we need a forum called "UK Political Madness."

Well that wouldn't be much fun, things are so silly there they know more about US politics than their own issues.

UK gives way to Globalist coup.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No Catholic has ever been appointed to any of the Four Great Offices of State - not that I'd like to see Rees-Mogg become the first.
There would be uproar if any other religion was treat this way.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Yanks are more than welcome on here, so long as they are up for a bit of friendly banter.

Brits on US politics threads, not so much.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I thought Boris also but apparently, he renounced Catholicism and became an Anglican, aka the Church of England.

Far as i can establish all the same politics and religions should stay the hell away from one another not that we live in that perfect world all the same.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh. Didn't know that.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Far as i can establish all the same politics and religions should stay the hell away from one another not that we live in that perfect world all the same.

Is religion important? UK politics is secular. No one cares if the X or Y is a Catholic, or not. Religion is largely marginalised in public life, too.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: iamthevirus

Yanks are more than welcome on here, so long as they are up for a bit of friendly banter.

Brits on US politics threads, not so much.

The difference is, Americans don't pretend to know British politics well enough to preach to Britons what they should do.

It's rather irritating to have some guy fire off a screed telling how we should vote, and the guy's location is Outer Elbonia or somesuch place.
edit on 21-10-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I tend to agree.

But to suggest no one cares is not quite correct.

As there are crazy mad religious bigots out there, granted a small minority, that still harbor grudges towards people of religions they don't like.

And unfortunately, they also vote.

Religion is still very important to a lot of people.

Even if there is no real place for such in politics.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Oh yes they have done just that.

I remember all those posts about Tommy Robinson and how we have no free speech, not to mention quite a few of your compatriots weighing in with a lot of nonsense in the thread about our late Queen, and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join