It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Politics in Turmoil - Time for an Election ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do you all remember Edwina Currie back from the 80s? Well, she was interviewed yesterday and had this to say about Truss... scathing to say the least.

Liz Truss has been described as “charmless, graceless, brainless and useless” by the former Conservative minister Edwina Currie.

Asked if the PM can survive, she told GB News: “Oh, no, of course she can’t survive.

“Oh my goodness. I’m going to put this on record: I think she is charmless, graceless, brainless and useless.

“And what do I mean by that? Charmless: she doesn’t have any of the skills that, for example, Margaret Thatcher had, to put across her argument, to be persuasive, to charm people into supporting what she’s trying to do.

“Graceless: even her last statement with all the I, I, I, I – you never got Margaret Thatcher doing that. I’m going to say this … you sack senior civil servants, you ignore all the systems that are there and then you wonder why the markets really get freaked out?

“Brainless, because however valuable and useful the tax-cutting agenda is going to be, and it will be at some future point, it took Margaret nine years to get there. And you can’t do it now and she should have realised that, and as a result, she’s useless.”

The Guardian

And here is the interview:

edit on 19/10/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

“charmless, graceless, brainless and useless” by the former Conservative minister Edwina Currie.

Pot calling the kettle black.

There are rumours that the Tory party chief whip has resigned , drip...drip...drip

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Given that the conservative party had 8 nominations for leader and the one they chose has done what she has done in the past 7 weeks or whatever it is today then it's pretty clear that the current conservative party is simply not fit for purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nigel isn't happy , it's a remainer coup.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

it's pretty clear that the current conservative party is simply not fit for purpose.

I think that's the only conclusion that can be drawn , from Cameron to what we see now it's been a steady decline ... to utter collapse.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I've never been a fan of the Tories, quite the opposite in fact but there's not been a viable alternative for a long time now.

Until a bit back they were tory bastards but at least they held things together, you knew where you were with a good tory bastard but the ones we have now are not even that. They are incompetent and weak and that's a bit worrying given the current global situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've just watched the Charles Walker MP interview from earlier tonight on BBC but unfortunately I can't find a link to it anywhere.
Pretty damning stuff....and other Tory MP's coming out in support.
Shame the guy is leaving Parliament at the next election.
edit on 19/10/22 by Freeborn because: Wrong name

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sir Graham Brady is currently in No 10 for a meeting with Liz Truss, hopefully with knife in hand.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

45 days in power.....an absolute joke.

The RoW must be pissing themselves laughing.

But just shows, you don't always need guns and riots to remove an unpopular leader!

edit on 20/10/22 by Freeborn because: typo's

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To say I feel sorry for her would be a lie, I do as a person but not as a prime minister.

Trickledown economics has never worked and every attempt to make it work has failed miserably.

Under her policy's our country would have slipped inexorably into the third world status that such nations have.

Upon her resignation the Pound jumped back up against the Dollar, so the international markets also responded very well to the news she had resigned as PM of the UK.

The only thing you can argue is that she was perhaps the best-looking prime minister we have had BUT that could just be my frugal diet and celibate lifestyle hahaha though she was still ugly as hell inside from what she did to the veteran's minister for example.

It is time for a general election, the Tory's will lose the next one even if they drag it out as too many people have seen what they really are now.

Though it will also give the Conservatives a chance to wash their party of the neo liberal lunacy that she had become the very embodiment of, God help us if they put Bojo the clown back in though and as for Rishi he was not much better than truss at all.

Here is where we see the selfishness of those in the Tory party and their lack of actual commitment to the UK, they are planning to selfishly hold onto power with another puppet prime minister not voted for by the people and avoid a general election while it is their policies that have led to this state of affairs.

If they had any tactical nounce they would give the public an election and then spend the next term of Labour rule finding ways to blame Labour for the problems that they themselves had actually caused as the struggling Labour government floundered trying to put them right.

It shows the vast difference in intellect between the OLD Tory's and the NEW Tory's, the old ones used to let labour win then move their money OUT of the UK into tax haven's then when the Public voted the Tory's back in move their money back INTO the UK, but this bunch just want to hold onto power and continue to wreck the country.

At least it is giving the UK a lasting inoculation against the Tory party even if New Labour are really not much better at all and the Liberal Democrats are just a group of 'All My ARSE' back into the EU believer's (I have no problem with a common market, but the EU was a step way too far and as for illegal migration it's like our politicians are bloody afraid of France or something for not holding them to account for allowing this when in fact they should CHARGE the French the cost of sending those bloody illegal migrants back to that nation they are rightly and legally their problem not ours.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What a halfer, I've had longer benders man.

I've seen longer trips to the shops for milk! And this is the example they set for the kids?

GE before Christmas...

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It seems that British people are getting ready for 5 years of woke politics that come with a vengeance.
The woke ideology will be promoted even more so to schools and universities and legislation will be passed to allow wokism to flourish in society...

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

The real problem is Godless politicians, the Torys are hypocrites that do not believe in God but for votes will claim they do and often attend church as part of their image but seldom do what Jesus has said though some among them may indeed believe in the Lord (but in their defence who am I to judge not being a perfect Christian myself though I DO believe in him and like I say some DO believe in him).

The Leader of the Labour party is an Atheist or perhaps he is actually an Agnostic, but he does not believe in God this however means that at least he is not a hypocrite about it, and he certainly does seem to care more for the people and the country than the majority on the government benches do making him the only viable option for a prime minister at the moment should the great majority of the UK obtain a growing desire for an election to get rid of the Torys after thy have trashed our nation so badly in what can only be called ideological treason.

All we can really do is pray that whoever is in power is influenced by God and is in power by HIS grace.

Woke'ism has already infiltrated British society to the very highest level in both parties, politicians coming out in parliament, politicians suspended for touching teenage boys and then being re-instated, they are without shame, without morality and without decency and so without credibility or the morality that they really should have to wield the power they do.

These ARE the end times, and we are under growing siege from evil that openly practices its immorality, none of us is perfect and it is all we can do to pray for these people but unless God removed the scales from their eyes and the devil from their hearts, well our home is not of this world, Christian men and woman have always fought for power against power hungry greedy men in this nation and a middle ground was reached but that has now been lost and moral decay is only the beginning of a deeper much more spiritual and physical collapse, they made the money and the markets there God and there GOD is powerless to save them only Christ can.

edit on 21-10-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Asmodeus3

The real problem is Godless politicians, the Torys are hypocrites that do not believe in God but for votes will claim they do and often attend church as part of their image but seldom do what Jesus has said though some among them may indeed believe in the Lord (but in their defence who am I to judge not being a perfect Christian myself though I DO believe in him and like I say some DO believe in him).

The Leader of the Labour party is an Atheist or perhaps he is actually an Agnostic, but he does not believe in God this however means that at least he is not a hypocrite about it, and he certainly does seem to care more for the people and the country than the majority on the government benches do making him the only viable option for a prime minister at the moment should the great majority of the UK obtain a growing desire for an election to get rid of the Torys after thy have trashed our nation so badly in what can only be called ideological treason.

All we can really do is pray that whoever is in power is influenced by God and is in power by HIS grace.

Woke'ism has already infiltrated British society to the very highest level in both parties, politicians coming out in parliament, politicians suspended for touching teenage boys and then being re-instated, they are without shame, without morality and without decency and so without credibility or the morality that they really should have to wield the power they do.

These ARE the end times, and we are under growing siege from evil that openly practices its immorality, none of us is perfect and it is all we can do to pray for these people but unless God removed the scales from their eyes and the devil from their hearts, well our home is not of this world, Christian men and woman have always fought for power against power hungry greedy men in this nation and a middle ground was reached but that has now been lost and moral decay is only the beginning of a deeper much more spiritual and physical collapse, they made the money and the markets there God and there GOD is powerless to save them only Christ can.

The main issue in Britain as well in other countries is the epidemic of wokeism and the various ideologies that are accompany these movements. Such as the transgender ideology which is entertained a lot by the left and if you have noticed has become a primary point for discussion and debate.

I was reading an article from an English newspaper, not that most newspapers in England have been infiltrated with these ideologies, and they were discussing how the British police was trying to police....pronouns! I mean that's ridiculous and it signals there are many police officers who have brainwashed too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join