It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fallout Tips

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Brotherman

Hopefully you get your wish and someone teaches you how to dougie before the bombs fall.

But bro the beat was bubble gum, I had to chew it.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LLoyd45

Once you're inside, stay inside.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you have pets, make sure they stay indoors, too. Calling to check on your loved ones may seem like the natural thing to do next. But you may not be able to.

Get to the place in your house with the most wall layers to the outside world and put tape around the windows and doors.
Get some madrassas and huddle in the middle of them like a burger buns in case the roof collapse.

Stay indoor for as long as you can, one week at least.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Nuclear Fallout Tips

Elect mentally sane people.

Doh Too lAte.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Having served in the 80s, been at the sharp end of nuke security and nuke training I have a simple solution should we face a MAD scenario. Use a painless and quick method instead of the slightly drawn out painful one. If you think you’re prepped, you’re not. if you think your supplies won’t be taken, they probably will.

It’s all really pointless though, all you are doing is delaying the inevitable.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You can mitigate some things like supply storage to some degree.

The operative word there of course is concealment.

Murphy doors or something like from the hidden door store.

The ideal storage I think would be something like a root cellar divided in to three chambers.

1 main where your supplies could be or a decoy.

2 side chambers concealed by a swinging shelf rack or something to the right and left.

Pointless would be just giving up.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok, maybe the word is futile to continue. Not for every person on the planet, but for the vast majority.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've been studying weather patterns, particularly the average distance and direction of low or high pressure centers based on readings from my weather station. Wind speed and direction combined with the air pressure readings can give me an idea of if and or when fallout will enter my area. That's if other weather and fallout information is otherwise unavailable.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Once you're inside, stay inside.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you have pets, make sure they stay indoors, too. Calling to check on your loved ones may seem like the natural thing to do next. But you may not be able to.

Get to the place in your house with the most wall layers to the outside world and put tape around the windows and doors.
Get some madrassas and huddle in the middle of them like a burger buns in case the roof collapse.

Stay indoor for as long as you can, one week at least.

If you think it is worth carrying on, and I guess some will. Then yes, staying inside for a week absolute minimum is the best things you can do if you can seal your home from the outside contamination. Maybe a month would be best as that might provide a quieter environment as those that rushed out to loot will probably be lying somewhere dying of radiation poisoning.

Wind won’t matter, if we have mutually assured destruction scenario then lack of sunlight and a nuclear winter will probably be the end of us. Your generator fuel won’t last long, your solar panels wont work, if they survived. Your plants won’t grow either.

Had to laugh at a mate of mine (he’s in his mid 70s) said he and his wife would find a band of people and join them, I think he was slightly miffed when I said they have no skills and would be seen as a drain on any group.

Die sooner or die later, I’ve picked mine as I know what would be coming. I was relaxed in the 80s as i was ground zero for any russian nuke attack, so i knew I would be vaporised pretty quickly. Now I’m not that close to anything strategic I am not that relaxed. A few months ago I would have laughed at anyone suggesting an all out nuclear war, right now I think it’s more a possibility than not.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Lot of effort to live a miserable couped up existence, where at any moment of the day a group of desperate people with guns and zero f#s given could attempt to rape and plunder you.

Not a million miles away from modern life now in some areas tbh!

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Nope. Death with 1;mile, death within 5, then walking dead and you'll die anyway.

Those records of blast radius are online.

Duck and cover doesn't work either.

If we hear, feel or see the blast out to 5-10 miles ..you're dead walking. Your kids and dog too

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If you're near Ground Zero, the chances of surviving are slim, but still possible. If you do survive, you'll most likely have severe thermal burns, blindness, and radiation poisoning. The blast wave from detonation will flatten buildings and send debris flying everywhere.

Potassium iodide tablets will saturate the thyroid gland, preventing the absorption of radiation that can cause various cancers in the body. Honestly, there really isn't much you can do other than protecting yourself from the fallout. As long as you have adequate shelter, food and water, you have a fair chance of survival. Fate is a fickled thing, and sometimes it's not the best prepared, smartest or strongest that make it..

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Develop a system of airlocked fermented vegetables that you can store inside a cabinet or false wall in a closet. The fermentation containers would protect the vegetables inside from fallout. The vegetables would also be in a state of indefinite storage without the use of refrigeration or chemical preservatives or vacuum seal.

I'm eating fermented veggies right now which I made 5 years ago. They sat on my kitchen counter for 4 years and I finally moved it to the fridge last year because it's just time to get it eaten. I use this method for hurricane emergencies.

Fermented veggies have a cleansing effect of the blood and digestive system. It will probably help mitigate fallout effects on your body.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Nukemap

Thx you!!!

This doesn't account for shockwave, RF, would it? Not to mention destruction of water supplies ect.

I used the 355kt Russian nuke, still current, Portland f***!

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo Thanks for this map. There are also maps of the effects of the related concept of nuclear winter:

agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

About one year ago, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists online published an article on the nuclear winter effects of a nuclear war between India and Pakistan. That was projected to have a devastating impact on the crop-growing abilities of much of the world. Here are some of the maps from those calculatons:

climate.envsci.rutgers.edu...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join