It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fallout Tips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, I did a google search on "what to do in a nuclear fallout scenario. I'm going to share with you what I learned,which isn't much..

[1] Avoid looking directly at the blast if visible
    [2] Seek shelter immediately, avoid getting fallout particles on you
    [3] If you do get fallout on you: take off all clothing, place them in a trash bag, close it, and dispose of it outside your shelter
    [4] Shower yourself good with soap and water
    [5] If you have potassium iodide tablets, take the recommended dosage

Additional Tips

Seal off doors and windows from outside air sources with plastic and duct tape
Canned goods that have been contaminated by fallout must be thoroughly was off before opening
Water is still drinkable if all particles are removed by thorough filtering

That's it for me folks, but i know you can do better with a few quick word searches

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I got a tip in case of a NF.
Bend down with you head between your knees and then kiss your own ass bye, bye.

Really, that's the only option if M.A.D. ever happens. I suggest not actually worry about it, they know the dangers; even underground.

link   
a reply to: LLoyd45

Most of the "uninformed" do not understand how it works. You have no idea how many times I have heard that "I will just be vaporized".

Hint, you most probably won't and if you are stupid enough to die a slow death from preventable radiation poisoning, you are surely not doing yourself or your family a favor (also getting your family to die a miserable death because you are an idiot).

Here is an easy instructional / educational video on the topic.

edit on 9-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   

- 1930's music is essential!

edit on 9/10/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I did forget to add:

Antibiotics and first aid supplies will help manage injuries

Stay sheltered for a minimum of two weeks until radiation levels drop off

Pray A lot!

PS Thanks for the video Infolurker, and Your suggestion Bikesecrets is under advisement

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

That's all you need to know. Oh and take your governmental issued iodine tablets and covid injection.

There are a lot of 1950s and 60s information on what to do if you're caught in a nuclear attack. Most of it is still good.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I noticed kiss your ass goodbye isn't on your list. Why?

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday I've got the tablets, but you can keep the Covid shot. The film was informative, but some thing could be added like: stay off roads,they are potential ambush sites. Wipes all food and water containers off before consuming the contents. Secure antibiotics if possible for injuries. Don't travel bunch up, spread out. Depending on the situation, a box formation works well, with the most vulnerable members placed in the middle. Conceal fires to avoid detection. A simple hole will do. Inside dwellings, cover the windows to shield any light sources. I could go on and on with this stuff, but I think this is adequate for most individuals or groups. Thanks

edit on 9-10-2022 by LLoyd45 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Most probably unless you are within 1-3 miles of ground zero, you won't be kissing your ass goodbye.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I've also got a top tip;

It's not snow flakes so don't run around with your mouth open trying to catch any.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman I'm a diehard, so I consider That as an Absolute last resort.. If I get messed up too bad, that may be the only option available to me. Besides, I'm already on my way out, so I'm just trying to pass on what little I know to others.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Brotherman

Most probably unless you are within 1-3 miles of ground zero, you won't be kissing your ass goodbye.

20 bucks says all the chaos and looters looking for air jordans after the bomb drops will kill your ass. I hope these mandated lessons include that yet they don't, they have an assumption that people will be good little boys and girls. This does not reflect reality so prepare to die, prepare to fight and die, prepare to kiss your ass good bye. In a nuclear blast the aftermath involves an awful lot more than just radiation, homies need their new air force ones, liqour, and whatever you might have just laying around. Go ahead and say what you want, it isn't ignored but listen to me, if you can't run away and have to shelter up, you are going to be noticed and those dead men walking don't give a flying #

stay thirsty my friends

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm old school and getting under my desk.
How is that not on the list?

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
And don't forget that old head between your knees's gag, that's hilarious also.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
heres my tip in the case of a nuclear exchange:

Keep a bullet for yourself.

The rest you can play by ear.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Good tips so far here.

Also don't forget buy some XXX magazines, condoms, etc

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
Good tips so far here.

Also don't forget buy some XXX magazines, condoms, etc

what's a magazine, what are condoms 🤷‍♂️ the only thing in xxx around here are men sized mumus intended for the ultra lazy to free ball in nuclear winter, that and some of the things under the sink I am apparently not supposed to consume but in the 21st century who cares, it is all environmentally safe and everything on planet earth is known to the state of Cornucopia to cause instant death and cancer... I just do it, theyre just jellie they ran out of water stealing it from the Hollah-rado.

Let the bombs fall, lets be real, not many here are prepared.... kiss your ass goodbye or don't.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hopefully you get your wish and someone teaches you how to dougie before the bombs fall.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger

If your that old, you know those plastic desks where made for stupid kids that thought Aesop fable filmstrips where amazing and the animation quality of Louis the Lightning bug was beyond the ability of Walt Disney himself, as an older man why would you have this and how do you fit under this infernal machine?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join