It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow rallies more than 1,500 points, As as fear begins to fade? Really..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Beware of Good News Stories how the Economy is coming around just in around for the Midterm elections.

-The Markets are now rallying around no more than 1,500+ points.
Why are the Markets now rallying in positive territory?

-Markets only reason why they rallying in positive territory is because they expecting and awaiting the jobs data report. As the markets will ignore the high inflation, rising living costs concerns.

CNN will not admit that we are in a recession which would hurt the Biden admin and democrats chances for their local elections in the fall. CNN claims markets are rallying positive territory as As as fear begins to fade?

The fear is just beginning.
Dow rallies more than 1,500 points in two days as fear begins to fade

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I wonder what a legitimate red wave would do for the Dow? Then again, most corporate stooges seem to have eaten the clown crackers, so its hard to see if they would see that as a positive even if investors did. Got to get away from Blackrock - they are murdering the working people of this world.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

We are only a couple weeks out from the quarterly report.

It's no secret that it won't end well. Pump and dump.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Economists say rapidly increasing gasoline prices (again), are slowing the economy, thereby easing fears that the Feds will raise interest rates again to slow the economy.

Investors would rather see the economy slow down due to rising prices, than due to increased interest rates.

I think consumers would rather have lower prices. But investors are consumers.

Confusing!

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The fear is just beginning.
Dow rallies more than 1,500 points in two days as fear begins to fade

I don't recall Biden taking credit for the highest numbers the stock market has ever posted. Did his administration already know the folly of claiming credit for that?

You know what's good about a 1500 point rally? Things of real value (gold & silver & copper) have better investment pricing.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Rapid indeed.

Gas has increased by over a dollar where I am in just the last three days.

Current price for regular: $6.89

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

The Biden admin and Democrats if not some Republicans are trying very hard to ignore the high inflation because honestly i do think the high living cost issue is something that both parties are going to struggle with answering.

Democrats,Liberals the only good news out of the ecmocny are jobs data and that nothing else than this small action step by the feds.

gold & silver & copper) have better investment pricing.

Also take in considering you have a rising USD dollar crashing the British Pound, Euro, Yen. That is never a good sign as if the USD keeps rising.

The costs will rise.. You cant print money brrr endless and yet here we have both parties that are willing to spend a billions to Ukraine each month.

That Billions worth could had being better spend at home and not escalating tensions with Russia.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All lies. My Vanguard account is down 33%!
Not mad at you obviously, just lying 'lefties'

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

the only good news out of the ecmocny are jobs data

Major companies began downsizing in 2018-2019 for some strange reason. It's taken on a vengence since 2021 with auto manufactures, Walmart, Target, UPS and other large corporations laying off people. They already had quit replacing those who aged out or quit, like USPS has been doing.

Something is seriously fishy about the data; record numbers of people are out of living wage jobs, yet businesses are closing because they can't find anybody to hire.

Do the number of people who took early retirement, were vaccine or covid injured or died add up to the lack of working age Americans? Or are we just seeing the typical number manitpulation game our politicians are famous for playing?

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hmmm...yeah sell everything asap.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Maybe the over population religion is a lie and our elites don't need to kill us all off like hogs. I think about all the abandoned inner cities in the USA. Places that used to hold millions now only boast 100 thousands. Of course white flight is something to consider, but I notice that as things spread out, the inner cores get less and less populations. I think the government of the USA wants all of these immigrants because they know that our population has bottomed out. How many people under age 30 do you know with children? I only know 2 and they both have just 1 kid.

So elites, you don't have to kill us now, just wait another generation.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If you look at most benchmarks, we're at precovid market prices if you adjust for inflation.

If people are looking to hedge inflation, they're probably staying away from China and Europe right now.

Dollar is beating out every currency and the US is combating interest rates at a more rapid pace than most countries.

If someone is speaking under the context of politics, I'm not surprised they're bearish. Anyone with skin in the game is agnostic and is just looking at what makes them money.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Hmmm...yeah sell everything asap.
No
I know not to, but it's frustrating to see at the very least. They say 'buy low sell high' , but I don't feel too comfortable buying now either.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Yeah, same here. Be patient. From what I hear, those sitting on cash are going to do well soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Economists say rapidly increasing gasoline prices (again), are slowing the economy, thereby easing fears that the Feds will raise interest rates again to slow the economy.

Investors would rather see the economy slow down due to rising prices, than due to increased interest rates.

I think consumers would rather have lower prices. But investors are consumers.

Confusing!

either way, they get all our money.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Bear market relief rally? Or bottom is in off to the moon. Or just crab forever.

Nobody knows for sure but investing in crypto this past year and a half has been like a course of self sadism or something. BTC been range bound between 18 and 21k for an eternity, down from 69k since November last year. I assume stocks havent been much better.

I would love for things to start recovering but a nagging part of me thinks it's gonna crash real low. I really hope im wrong too. If not sub 10k BTC sounds like a huge opportunity.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

My guess..bear trap exit for mid-bigger guys that is going to leave bag holders rekt.
Nothing noticeable has changed on the public trust front, I can see.
We are in uncharted territory here politically and professionally.
The publicly traded companies are under attack by Fink and his energy takeover commie green scam ESG
BS that is now also being filtered down through big banks as well.
Companies are panicked at board meetings.
Boomers realizing their kids were right about the conspiracies.
There is a literal conspiracy to control the world through energy rations and behavior by tying it to a currency.
Fink is a big player in forcing the publicly traded companies (and employees) to join.
...blackmailing them from the market if not joining.
Bumpy times ahead.
You will have plenty of time to buy when/if it goes up.
It is going to take some massive political change.
Who knows, it is like bringing home chaocelot right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

One thing is sure the whole thing is fake, it is gambling, when everyone is broke the banker prints some more to keep them at the table. You just don't know when the banker decides to go home. A wise person cashes up and goes home even if it is a moderate loss. You cant play a rigged game.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Maybe if you’re day trading. If you’re investing into a diversified portfolio your whole life, you’ll have way more wealth than you started with when it comes time to cash out.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
we arent in a recession, its just inflation caused by a disrupted supply chain and effects from the trump era tariffs that biden hasn't removed, because that's what tariffs do, makes stuff from other countries more expensive. in recessions inflation goes down not up, so high(er) inflation has nothing to do with a recession.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join