It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I did not know and I asume many of you do not know either

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I received this in an Email and was quite impressed as I would never have guessed he was once a Navy Seal. You may be surprised too.

A famous Navy Seal Team Member - Really impressive Facts: Was born on September 14, 1978, in Jacksonville, Florida. [1] He is of Italian descent. [2] His family moved to Orlando, Florida, before relocating to Dunedin, Florida, when he was six years old. [3] In 1991, he was a member of the Little League team from Dunedin National that made it to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. (4] After graduating from Dunedin High School in 1997, he attended Yale University. He was Captain of Yale's varsity baseball team and joined the Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity. [5] On the Yale baseball team, he was an outfielder; as a senior in 2001, he had the team's best batting average at .336. [6] He graduated from Yale in 2001 with a B.A. Magna Cum Laude in History. [7] He then spent a year as a History Teacher at the Darlington School. [8] He attended Harvard Law School, graduating in 2005 with a Juris Doctor Cum Laude. [9] He received his Reserve Naval Officer's commission and assignment to the Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG) in 2004 at the U.S. Naval Reserve Center in Dallas, Texas, while still a student at Harvard Law School. [10] He completed Naval Justice School in 2005. [11] Later that year, he received orders to the JAG Trial Service Office Command South East at Naval Station Mayport, Florida, as a Prosecutor. [12] In 2006, he was promoted from Lieutenant, Junior Grade to Lieutenant. He worked for the Commander of Joint Task Force-Guantanamo (JTF-GTMO), working directly with detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Joint Detention Facility. 13] In 2007, he reported to the Naval Special Warfare Command Group in Coronado, California, where he was assigned to SEAL Team One and deployed to Iraq with the Troop surge as the Legal Advisor to the SEAL Commander, Special Operations Task Force-West in Fallujah. [14] He returned to the U.S. in April 2008, at which time he was reassigned to the Naval Region Southeast Legal Service. [15] The U.S. Department of Justice appointed him to serve as an Assistant U.S. Attorney at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida. [16] He was assigned as a Trial Defense Counsel until his honorable discharge from active duty in February 2010. [17] He concurrently accepted a reserve commission as a Lieutenant Commander in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the US Navy Reserve. [18] He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and the Iraq Campaign Medal. [19 He represented Florida's 6th Congressional District in the US House of Representatives from 2013 to 2018. Oh, by the way, the former Navy Lt., is Ron DeSantis, Gov. of Florida.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i think both you and i are both US military who has worn the uniform

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That's really impressive! I'm not a fan of the political/lawyer crossover but this guy was on the right side of the law, being a defense attorney and seeing what life hast to offer at the 'lower' levels' of society.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

He did work closely with the SEALs during a deployment to Iraq in 2007 but was not himself a SEAL. I'm not meaning to try to belittle his service. Just presenting the facts. His service in the military is enough for me to vote for him on its own.
edit on 29 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Global war on terror service medal?

F me.

So torn. Dude is a lawyer, so out of professional curtesy sharks won’t bite him, however he is also a politician with a service history.

Thanks for the heads up 727.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yeah I did not know that about him either.
That up’s his stock in my opinion, as a presidential candidate.

But then again, I would vote for a doorknob if it was running against the Democrats because a doorknob will help America more than any Democrat.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

He did work closely with the SEALs during a deployment to Iraq in 2007 but was not himself a SEAL. I'm not meaning to try to belittle his service. Just presenting the facts. His service in the military is enough for me to vote for him on its own.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was going to. Not that it diminishes his service record. It's just that there are a lot of "stolen valor" "SEALS" out there. He has NEVER claimed to be a SEAL, but people make assumptions, and I can see him inadvertently getting into a controversy when someone finally figures out their assumption was wrong and blames DeSantis. Not getting into his politics either, but you have to admit his academic record is near perfect.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I've never heard DeSantis claim to be a SEAL or even say much at all about his experiences in the military. I just wanted to clear it up before it grew out of control. Especially since we had that one candidate here recently who was caught considerably overexaggerating his service. 

Military service often helps me pick a candidate. If it comes down to my choosing between a veteran or a non-veteran, the veteran will win out every time, unless I don't like their politics.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I've never heard DeSantis claim to be a SEAL or even say much at all about his experiences in the military.

No. I get it. Wasn't accusing you or anything. I was just doing a preemptive strike on people who may not have been paying attention.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I didn't think that you were accusing me of anything. I am just feeling chatty this evening.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The fact that he hasn't run on any of it should be a seller too. He apparently doesn't talk up his past record.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The fact that he hasn't run on any of it should be a seller too. He apparently doesn't talk up his past record.

Most of us do not talk about the details of our service unless it is in a group setting at the VA dealing with it.
edit on 29 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Don't matter to me.

As long as we get the regular flow of good old criminal Politicians™, toeing the Party-Line™, with experience sucking-up to Judges™, and a graduate from the same amazing Ivy-League™ schools where all of our best and most honest Politicians™ and CEO's™ seem to magically emanate-from : we're gonna be staying on the same wonderful path we're on now !

If Covid-1984™ taught us anything : it's that Politicians™, Judges™, Lawyers™, CEO's™, and Ivy-league™ Academic™ types are all on our side, and looking-out for the best interests of the little-people.

Vote™ early, and Vote™ often !!

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Impressive history he has. I never knew that either.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm generally not in the least impressed by military service, but ... DAYUM!

That is one helluva resumé! My respect.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Just goes to show....people will build entire opinions over 3-4 bits of incomplete info about people, without knowing any of this about him, nor anyone else... I really dont know much about he guy enough to like him or care yet, but impressive. Thank you. Best

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is precisely what I was referring to, in the other topic about Trump or Desantis in terms of qualifications for presidential candidacy. I was quickly informed that "you don't need qualifications" but they sure help, don't they. Unless your resume is lacking and you need to deflect from that fact. 👀

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
This is precisely what I was referring to, in the other topic about Trump or Desantis in terms of qualifications for presidential candidacy. I was quickly informed that "you don't need qualifications" but they sure help, don't they. Unless your resume is lacking and you need to deflect from that fact. 👀

and yet, out of all the people on the planet, there are only a select few how truly know what it takes to be president of the United States of America, and like it or not, Donald J. Trump is one of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

There is a difference between talking about details and simply not talking. Most pols who are vets will use that fact even if they don't go into details about their service because most everyone loves a soldier.

top topics

join