It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the People in the Hurricanes Path

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just wanted you to know that we are all rooting for you.
I have lived through several hurricanes, and it’s really one of scariest things on earth.

I don’t care if you are Democrat or Republican, you are Americans and we are thinking of you and our hearts go out to you.
I know the feeling, firstly everyone just wants to get out alive. Yes a house and it’s contents are just things.
If there is anything I/We (ATS) can do please let us know.

You want some Halloween stories to take your mind off of things? You want some creepy paranormal tales?
You just want a prayer? You got it.
Hurricane tips?

Clean water is so important, do whatever you can to secure clean water!!!! I can’t stress this enough.

If you have time, take digital photos of your pictures and upload them or send them to people.
Don’t ever put them in the dishwasher like some people say.

Please don’t forget about your pets. Write your name and number on their collar if they don’t have tags.

edit on 28-9-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The irony is ypu & I know the landfall & areas in the path very well.

There's another poster on here, not on often anymore, but he knows who he is. He & I both know areas that might not exist anymore very personally, and by extension, so do you, too.

Eerie, that 6 Degrees of Separation & how it extends to places.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think we all should pray for their safety and pray the destruction to be at a minimum.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

my very good friend and her family all live in sarasota. 4 generations now, I'm very worried for them. They are all in 1 house now, the farthest from the ocean but that's not very far from the bay. My friend said there were already boats on land, and their power went out a few hours ago. Although tempting, I'm not going to keep texting her. The eye hasn't passed yet looks like it might happen around high tide which is not good. I'm not super religious but I've said several prayers for them. Ian is a monster.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Thanks, JAGS.
Will probably be losing power tonight or tomorrow...but "I'LL BE BAAAAAAACK!"

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

There's another poster on here, not on often anymore, but he knows who he is. He & I both know areas that might not exist anymore very personally, and by extension, so do you, too.

I don’t live there anymore, but yes, you and I know. This one is different, this one actually scares me.

I just watched a video, I think Ft. Myers or Sanibel where people were trying to hold a hotels doors closed……
UMMM I don’t think that’s going to work for long….

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay

my very good friend and her family all live in sarasota. 4 generations now, I'm very worried for them. They are all in 1 house now, the farthest from the ocean but that's not very far from the bay. My friend said there were already boats on land, and their power went out a few hours ago. Although tempting, I'm not going to keep texting her. The eye hasn't passed yet looks like it might happen around high tide which is not good. I'm not super religious but I've said several prayers for them. Ian is a monster.

I’ve been in Sarasota after a tropical storm and it was knee deep in water. I can’t imagine what is going to happen.
I pray for your friend and her people.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thank you, JAGStorm - as a 'born and raised' Central Floridian, I really appreciate the well wishes!!!

At 59 yrs. old, I now have 3 generations of family here...my parents still live in the house I grew up in, and my daughter just moved into her first apartment...

I will just add that I appreciate your contributions to ATS - your threads are always interesting reading!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I’m in Cape Canaveral, waiting for our turn then heading west to volunteer with rescue and clean up. We stick together us Floridians!! Even if we started life in New York! Sigh…….

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Nyiah

I don’t live there anymore, but yes, you and I know. This one is different, this one actually scares me.

I just watched a video, I think Ft. Myers or Sanibel where people were trying to hold a hotels doors closed……
UMMM I don’t think that’s going to work for long….

Yeah, I think I saw the same video clip. All I could say then -- and still say -- was "Whoa..." That cannot end well for them.

Keep an eye out for a PM later, I might decide to get nostalgic & maybe we can take a mental trip to Yoder's for some coffee & pie

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

My peeps live in Titusville, I got to Florida in 2004, just in time for the BAD year. The old man is in Sebring, so got the fingers and toes crossed for peeps.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Ian. I have a few friends living in the area that is taking a direct hit. One of them lives in a mobile home and has chosen not to evacuate. I am so scared for her. I too have been through a couple of hurricanes, and they are damn scary.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've been thinking about them all day - after having gone through many of these nightmare storms / hurricanes, I know how they feel, like sitting ducks.
Hoping for their safety and hoping for the best!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My tip would be to get the hell out of its way.
Everyone know it was coming and everyone know when.
So keeping family or pets in the vicinity of such things are not very family thing to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sister in law in Cape Coral sent a pic, the canal is rising, lost the boat cover and shingles. They still have the backside of the storm and high tide. She's smart but lacks some common sense. I don't think she was following it as closely as she should have. I didn't want to freak her out, but as her house is a ranch I advised her to know how to get in the attic and to have a tool to break through to the roof with. It's just her and one teenage son there now since my brother passed away. I'm very worried about them.

Our place on Sanibel is probably extremely damaged, and the island is under 4 feet of water currently.

I can only hope the best for everyone in the path. I think Interupt is in Naples which looks terribly flooded.

link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I’m in Cape Canaveral, waiting for our turn then heading west to volunteer with rescue and clean up. We stick together us Floridians!! Even if we started life in New York! Sigh…….

I've been watching you guys on tv today, it's heartbreaking, and over one million without power already in the reports -
Best of Luck to you!!

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I just wanted you to know that we are all rooting for you.
I have lived through several hurricanes, and it’s really one of scariest things on earth.

I don’t care if you are Democrat or Republican, you are Americans and we are thinking of you and our hearts go out to you.
I know the feeling, firstly everyone just wants to get out alive. Yes a house and it’s contents are just things.
If there is anything I/We (ATS) can do please let us know.

You want some Halloween stories to take your mind off of things? You want some creepy paranormal tales?
You just want a prayer? You got it.
Hurricane tips?

Clean water is so important, do whatever you can to secure clean water!!!! I can’t stress this enough.

If you have time, take digital photos of your pictures and upload them or send them to people.
Don’t ever put them in the dishwasher like some people say.

Please don’t forget about your pets. Write your name and number on their collar if they don’t have tags.

Bless you Jag storm, I have formed a reiki circle around our neighbourhood which Is impenetrable by fake storms. My neighbors are very ungrateful . I will be conducting a moonlight spell, weather permitting.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
I've been thinking about them all day - after having gone through many of these nightmare storms / hurricanes, I know how they feel, like sitting ducks.
Hoping for their safety and hoping for the best!

I hated living there and waiting to see where the eye would go or if it would gain or lose strenght.
Right now the waters are so warm and there is another front coming in from the Atlantic side.
It will be interesting to see how far inland this goes. Some of those places are like big bowls and this doesn’t look good.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

I've been watching you guys on tv today, it's heartbreaking, and over one million without power already in the reports - Best of Luck to you!!

It looks like the linemen are ready and waiting. They truly don’t get enough credit.
One of my friends husband is a lineman there and it has to be gut wrenching watching him go out for that type of dangerous work.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well...I can give a bit of an update for the Ft. Myers area. Mom just called to let me know they have at least 2' of water in their condo, and the backside of the storm was said to have worse storm surge and whats already passed over. Currently the eye is over that area. I am sure they islands off the coast there are completely under water. It's going to be a wasteland for a while.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join