It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the People in the Hurricanes Path

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
I've been thinking about them all day - after having gone through many of these nightmare storms / hurricanes, I know how they feel, like sitting ducks.
Hoping for their safety and hoping for the best!

I hated living there and waiting to see where the eye would go or if it would gain or lose strenght.
Right now the waters are so warm and there is another front coming in from the Atlantic side.
It will be interesting to see how far inland this goes. Some of those places are like big bowls and this doesn’t look good.

Here up north in NJ we're wondering now if this will be coming here, last year Ida traveled from Texas clear across to NJ and managed to flood us, even after it had traveled all that distance. Hundreds, if not thousands, of cars were towed out of our area afterwards because no one expected it and the cars were underwater. Everyone lost their vehicles.
We had moved our car, after knowing what these things are capable of.
And this one doesn't look good at all, it's huge and strong - however, they are saying that it is going to weaken. I hope so for those poor people's sakes. I have friends in North Carolina, I'm sure they're starting to panic.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Looks pretty bad down there. They are going to need backup.
Here's a cam at 6' off of the ground, before the surge hit it....in downtown Ft.Myers
cam
edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Add3

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Father John just left the house to prove the storm is a fake. He went up like a darn kite. No doubt CNN special effects.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Seeing so many places Ive been too, Naples is swamped in many places and it just seems to slowly move inland devastating really

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Looks pretty bad down there. They are going to need backup.
Here's a cam at 6' off of the ground, before the surge hit it....in downtown Ft.Myers
cam

Pretty sure that Fort Myers Beach and supposedly the cam was 12 feet up but yes downtown is flooding too

twitter.com...

it is still crazy as hell A Naples fire station. is flooded show them clearing out their flooded vehicles

Already hearing them talk about Lee County needing some water rescues and can't get out till winds go down, dammit possible fatalities? multiple people trapped in attics of their houses this is from Lee County public safety officials say they won't be able to get to them till tomorrow.

Punta Gorda getting slammed

edit on 28-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

I live in Northern NJ too During Ida we got over 7 inches of rain in only few hours

Much of the low lying parts of the town were flooded (I live on a ridge) Several people were swept away by the water and we had to rescue them One woman tried to get out of her flooded car and was swept away We never found her despite searching for days

Just hope we dont go though that again .......

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I've been watching you guys on tv today, it's heartbreaking, and over one million without power already in the reports - Best of Luck to you!!

It looks like the linemen are ready and waiting. They truly don’t get enough credit.
One of my friends husband is a lineman there and it has to be gut wrenching watching him go out for that type of dangerous work.

Desantis says 35,000 are ready to roll.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I guess each person has to decide if the rewards are worth the downside.

Californians get earthquakes and fires.

Smokers get cancer.

Etc

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

I live in Northern NJ too During Ida we got over 7 inches of rain in only few hours

Much of the low lying parts of the town were flooded (I live on a ridge) Several people were swept away by the water and we had to rescue them One woman tried to get out of her flooded car and was swept away We never found her despite searching for days

Just hope we dont go though that again .......

I hear you, let's hope for the best!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yeah.
It is very bad.
I was just watching homes wash by a cam in Naples.
Reported 18' deep surge.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I guess each person has to decide if the rewards are worth the downside.

Californians get earthquakes and fires.

Smokers get cancer.

Etc

Yes, I hear ya CWM

I've spent so much time in Florida over the years both on vacations and on business. Know plenty that will evacuate and know some that won't.

Even people that can afford to evacuate, sometimes don't just because once you leave it can be difficult to get back to your home or business. I understand both ways really

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

People are already posting asking to be rescued!
Nobody is going to be rescued until it passes.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I can only imagine how bad it really is, it's not even easy getting in cellular touch with folks (real worried about my best friend and fam, & her various relatives -- no contact)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

From a lot of the posts I’m reading people are in their attacks.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

From a lot of the posts I’m reading people are in their attacks.

All I heard is that is what a Lee County Public safety manager said, that there were multiple people in their attics, and just heard there is potential for the water to rise tonight.

Was having this discussion on another board, this is why you evacuate, but damn they had it hitting Tampa till yesterday morning, besides we are talking about trying to move 1-2 million people. I don't know the answer, but if they got high water inland and it sounds like they do, we are talking water full of alligators, snakes and hurricane-force winds gonna be a brutal evening for those people. On top of tornadoes popping up too.

PS

You did see where Ian is expected to make a second landfall in Georgia or South Carolina triangle state and meander a bit

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You did see where Ian is expected to make a second landfall in Georgia or South Carolina triangle state and meander a bit

Yup and as you know I have a bad feeling about that… Maybe worse than Ft. Myers, Tampa…

The problem with Hurricanes is it is the Cry wolf things. So many are built up and they turn out to be nothing so people really think they are nothing, ESPECIALLY new transplants that don’t really understand what a hurricane is.
They also don’t heed the advice to leave 5 days ago. Just hop in your car and drive until you can’t.

I really feel for the people with kids and pets. Bad bad decision to stay.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I heard some of the people evacuated from Tampa to the Ft. Myers area. So if true, that makes it worse. You're right; they did have it hitting Tampa right up until just a few hours to go.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I can only imagine how bad it really is, it's not even easy getting in cellular touch with folks (real worried about my best friend and fam, & her various relatives -- no contact)

Hope everybody is OK. We got friends and business acquaintances all over Florida too, we are a bit worried too, this looks so widespread and it isn't over yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I heard some of the people evacuated from Tampa to the Ft. Myers area. So if true, that makes it worse. You're right; they did have it hitting Tampa right up until just a few hours to go.

It was insane to move them to Ft. Myers, that was a gamble, not an evacuation!!!

BTW don’t go in the attic, they are advising people to go on the roof. I guess in case waters rise more.
I think a lot of people died in Katrina by going in the attic and not being able to get out.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know if that's where they were sent or where they chose to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join