It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are unaware that we live in virtual world and have no free will, does it matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeSter

I can't speak for everyone out there, but I think I have Free Will and a Choice in most matters.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I guess I should apologize, I didn't mean to be negative but what I really wanted to say may have also been taken the wrong way but I will throw it out here generally. People have a hard time agreeing on what reality is these days, people have faulty minds so common tautologies is a launching point where as water is wet the sky is blue we all have mothers etc and then you get some asshole that comes in with the earth is flat, we come from aliens, and water isn't wet. So whatever anyone believes is real no matter how ridiculous I guess is real enough to them in their imaginations or whatever we can call it because we can't all assume reality is the same even though it should be in my opinion. Whether it is simulated or not then that experience is real enough.

No apologies necessary. I try not to take anything personally. That is how I am programmed.

But I agree with you, It's weird how two different people can look at the same thing but see it completely opposite.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

An animal born into a circus to entertain, and is
'unaware',
Does it matter ?
Of course IT MATTERS !
. . . only the
exploiting overlords, and psychopaths would disagree.

Believe me when I tell you that I absolutely don't want to see animals suffer. Or people, for that matter. But I guess my point was, if we can't tell, does it matter whether the world is real or virtual.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The entire “theory’ that the universe is a simulation is “god did it” for hipsters.

By which I mean it’s somehow even stupider. “God did it” at least acknowledge that reality actually exists.

I do believe in God, or a Higher Power, if you will, though I'm not religious at all. I just look around and see everything that exists and cannot imagine how it could have came to be just by accident. I mean, we humans have been around a long time and have yet to invent anything as complex as the human brain. And I don't care how old the universe is, I just can't believe that a bunch of atoms floating around could form anything that complex without a little guidance. Science may someday explain how it happened, but probably will never explain why.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I can't speak for everyone out there, but I think I have Free Will and a Choice in most matters.

And so do I. But that was the point of the thread. We believe that we have a choice, but what if we don't. Does it matter since we believe that we do.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I am not your enemy

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yes it's called materialism, there is a whole level of reality to the material world that comes with perception, cultural background, and what not it's the programming we all get trough our upbringing none is more real than the other its more a question if your own reality is capable of integrating others or if it's a little exclusive echochamber.

you want to talk about the unshakable truth of material sure... You can ditch God and all of that, there is more truth to people being born with two sex or in between than there is for any godfigure of any religion.

So I guess it's a question if one can say we all need our delusions, or if one assumes that the illusion one fell for is the only true one.
I don't see much diffrence in the ridiculousness of both delusions. You have a dick your a man, you have a pussy your a women, god, well just like all other outthere topics pics or it didn't happen.
I don't feel offended, or threatened by people being stupid and believing in ridiculous things, they can even preach it on every occasion it does not bother me as I know what illusion i believe in and nothing any other delusional preacher could say will change my illusion.

I wonder why the LGBTQwhatnot movement is scaring the religious zealots...

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

"I don't know anything, I only know what I believe."

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's probably just a convincing hallucination.

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It's been used in many Konami games...

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Yes it's called materialism, there is a whole level of reality to the material world that comes with perception, cultural background, and what not it's the programming we all get trough our upbringing none is more real than the other its more a question if your own reality is capable of integrating others or if it's a little exclusive echochamber.

you want to talk about the unshakable truth of material sure... You can ditch God and all of that, there is more truth to people being born with two sex or in between than there is for any godfigure of any religion.

So I guess it's a question if one can say we all need our delusions, or if one assumes that the illusion one fell for is the only true one.
I don't see much diffrence in the ridiculousness of both delusions. You have a dick your a man, you have a pussy your a women, god, well just like all other outthere topics pics or it didn't happen.
I don't feel offended, or threatened by people being stupid and believing in ridiculous things, they can even preach it on every occasion it does not bother me as I know what illusion i believe in and nothing any other delusional preacher could say will change my illusion.

I wonder why the LGBTQwhatnot movement is scaring the religious zealots...

I am volunteering personal information here,

I am a 208 pound ogre former war fighter turned welder and then a machinist. I used to be a bad boy because I used to use my size and skill to fight people in bars. It took me a couple years to calm down because I ddin't know I wasn't fighting anymore. I had years of counsel and a bunch of broken shiz under my self that I could have controlled but decided not to be. Then again there is a part of me that wants that but now I think about my boy and my wimmins and I don't choo choo choose to be the animal I am anymore so others around me find happiness and I am that vessel I am the one. If I am the train I choose to be on time everyday.

I told you all here before I am back to school
don't poke the badger, I will eat your snake

edit on bSun, 25 Sep 2022 02:43:00 -050020223002America/ChicagoSun, 25 Sep 2022 02:43:00 -050009am9 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I am not your enemy

Thank God, because I have way too many!

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

"All we are is dust in the wind." - Ted "Theodore" Logan

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Care to join me in some mushrooms?

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It's been used in many Konami games...

I am way too old school. And just old.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
REALITY

"What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now."

The above is taken from Peter Brown's website.
Sadly Peter Brown died this month.
Rest in peace Peter.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Funny how NIN 90° ZIZ, the beast of air is showing up again on my journey.

Not sure we're in this together, more like they are in this with us. Can't have us know that however, it would turn the tables in a heartbeat...

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

"What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now."

Honestly, I didn't understand most of this, but I do appreciate it. Thanks for your response.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Go to your bed 1 hour earlier, instead of going to sleep for that hour
Lie back close your eyes and observe the darkness ,
After a while of doing this you may start to see patterns or jagged lines of menacing characters change from one form to the other, you should still be observing with no emotion or thoughts attached to what you see, eventually, I don't know how long my path has been natural, but for someone who is determined I guess a few weeks... Landscapes and figures that are beyond anything you can imagine on this earth, with colours and detail you have never witnessed in the so called real world... Appear! Now your looking out your third eye

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This might help you understand:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join